PDA

View Full Version : Piru Rifle Range

Midian
05-31-2009, 7:06 AM
Thinking of heading up there today. Who's been? I hear it's great and totally fun. Just a couple miles back from the 126 it looks like, according to the Big Brother Eye of Google Maps.

Josh3239
05-31-2009, 12:52 PM
I haven't been there in a couple years but here is what I remember. It is very low key and private. You definetly won't be bothered there. Most of the guy there were running bolt action rifles, I did get the feeling that they were a little annoyed when I brough semi-autos, though I never heard anything about it from anyone. Targets are supplied and free, whenever there is a ceasefire Mike will drive down the range with targets and a staple gun and just staple over the existing targets. The handgun range is pretty neat, there is just a bunch of steel targets all over the place. I know there is a competition range for 3-gun, cowboy action, Appleseed, etc but I have never seen it, I think it is for members who also participate in those events.

ersatz
05-31-2009, 12:54 PM
I haven't been there in close to a decade. I asked late last year if I could bring EBRs and they said no. So, I never bothered to return. I do remember Wes though and how he'd chew people out for leaving their firearm in an 'unsafe' condition.

blackfalcon
05-31-2009, 2:27 PM
Be sure you drive a 4x4 vehicle, the road is all dirt. Been there to shoot the Glock Shoots and a lot of fun. When it rains, the road is all mud! Good place to shoot.

Midian
05-31-2009, 2:31 PM
Be sure you drive a 4x4 vehicle, the road is all dirt. Been there to shoot the Glock Shoots and a lot of fun. When it rains, the road is all mud! Good place to shoot.

Sounds like fun...didn't make it out there today after all. Thanks for all the info, folks.

Went to the Sam Raimi movie instead, which, well, just watch the first two Evil Dead films instead.

EBR Works
05-31-2009, 5:49 PM
I have been there multiple times in the past year. No issues with black rifles. You do not need a 4WD vehicle if the road is dry. They have steel out to 1000 yards for those that care.