PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden 50 yard target. Tell me

Cal-Irish
05-31-2009, 2:23 AM
Aight so for kicks I made up these targets. But I want to know is it appropriate to use them at a public range.
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7918/osama2.jpg

Arteel
05-31-2009, 2:24 AM
I guess that would depend on the range you go to. I know a lot of ranges dont allow targets that resemble humans.

05-31-2009, 2:25 AM
I would use it.

dchang0
05-31-2009, 3:04 AM
I support the idea and the freedom to do so, though I wouldn't buy any. It would be far more effective for us to train on images of people who might actually personally attack us someday, rather than someone we would likely never meet and who is easy to hate. And it would be even more effective to train on plain old human torso silhouettes.

Read Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's terrific book, "On Killing." The findings were that a featureless human torso silhouette (popping up and then falling down when shot) was the most effective at training soldiers to pull the trigger and fire on enemy combatants.

Kokopelli
05-31-2009, 6:05 AM
That OBL target is no more offensive than this. I say use it!

http://www.str8jacket.com/Photos/050321/TargetHostage.jpg

Midian
05-31-2009, 6:30 AM
You know he's been dead for awhile

glockwise2000
05-31-2009, 8:29 AM
You know he's been dead for awhile

Dead? No one is quite sure about that. I would believe he is dead if I saw his cold body lying in the newspaper print. Till then, I am still hoping we could still capture him then kill him.

M1A Rifleman
05-31-2009, 9:13 AM
I'd use, but be prepared for a negative response. Also, check with the range master regarding human looking targets as they are a no-no in my area.

Back duing the first gulf war I posted a Sadom target I made up and had some old crab go ballistic at the range. After making a huge public fuss, the range master shrugged and said as long as he shoots safe I dont' care what type target he postes.

skkeeter
05-31-2009, 9:22 AM
Dead? No one is quite sure about that. I would believe he is dead if I saw his cold body lying in the newspaper print. Till then, I am still hoping we could still capture him then kill him.

I wouldn't believe that either. But then again, I don't trust any news authorities. I bet some of the computer wizards on here could easily doctor photos to look like a dead Osama.

OP, I would use em. I doubt there's any Osama lovers at the range.

kermit315
05-31-2009, 9:34 AM
That OBL target is no more offensive than this. I say use it!

http://www.str8jacket.com/Photos/050321/TargetHostage.jpg

Hey, its the Oxnard target....lol.

maschronic
05-31-2009, 9:40 AM
On target sells Osama targets.

KAVEMAN762
05-31-2009, 9:45 AM
I dont think anyone would question you using a well known, wanted dead or alive, terrorist as a target. Now, if Muslims or other people start getting pi$$ed at you for using bin laden as a target, maybe you should question them?? it would be a bad idea to use obama as a target though, even though we dont like him........

mrlonewolf
05-31-2009, 9:45 AM
I guess that would depend on the range you go to. I know a lot of ranges dont allow targets that resemble humans.

+1.

God Bless The Mauser
05-31-2009, 12:25 PM
My welding teacher went to a range in Vegas and rented an M249 and shot the hell out of one of those targets.

bombadillo
05-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Like its any worse than china doing mock up bombings and attacks on boats that say USS XXXXXXXXXXX and things like that. I love how other countries burn our flags, hate our people and then we do politically correct things like saying that you can't shoot a fake picture of one of the worst terrorists in history. :rolleyes:

squishyhead
05-31-2009, 1:23 PM
My welding teacher went to a range in Vegas and rented an M249 and shot the hell out of one of those targets.

The Gun Store in Vegas. I did the exact same thing. 90 rounds, all in the head/neck region (didn't miss once). Can't say it's very hard to stay on target when you're shooting .223 out of a weapon that heavy! As for the OP, unless there's a specific rule at the range you go to I say excercise your 1st Amendment right to publicly show your contempt for that scumbag!