PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, all!

martinihenry
05-30-2009, 5:04 PM
My name is Jason, and I just registered here today. Nice to see a gathering place for California shooters. My main interest is the Martini-Henry. I have been collecting them for about 13 years now, and run www.martinihenry.com, a small little website devoted to spreading the joy of Queen Victoria's best service arm!

Wanted to give a shout-out to the fellas at the Chabot range. Just shot at the M1 Garand Match there today (30 MAY 09), and had a GREAT time! Will definitely be back for more of that good stuff!

Jason

Saigon1965
05-30-2009, 7:03 PM
Welcome - Those rifles are really neat - I now have to add another to my list -

Darklyte27
05-30-2009, 8:59 PM
welcome, im still waiting 6 months for my HRA correct garand...

mrlonewolf
05-30-2009, 9:56 PM
Hello & Welcome

compsoftstation
05-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the board..

Turbinator
05-31-2009, 6:37 AM
Welcome, glad to have you here to share your knowledge on Martini-Henry firearms and anything else gun related.

Turby

kurac
06-17-2009, 9:54 PM
Kinney!

ratbush
06-18-2009, 5:50 PM
Hi, I just signed up; liked the looks of the site. I was directed by a search for the pros and cons of brass vs. steel framed black powder revolvers. I'd like to know just what the signs are, if a brass frame wears out. At this stage of life I wonder If I would live long enough to wear one out. I wonder just where that cost/ use breakeven point might be. Brass is cheap, but I'll probably shoot at CAS or SASS events soon; don't want to loose a hand in the process! It troubles me that the historical record indicates the Confederates couldn't wait to get rid of them, in The War of Northern Agression. Anyone have an opinion or real life experience, they want to share on BP revolvers (cap n' ball of course).
Thanks, KC

Turbinator
06-18-2009, 6:13 PM
I suggest you repost your question in the handguns section. I don't think anyone with answers to your question will be browsing the newbie section here. :)

Good luck,
Turby