PDA

View Full Version : ar15 .223/5.56mm BCG... no markings?

taladeganite
05-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I have a complete BCG i purchased at a show that has absolutely no stampings or markings anywhere on the carrier or bolt assy.. any thoughts? the gentlement I purchased it from said it was colt.. :confused:

taladeganite
05-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Woes anyone know who of any MFG'rs made these and doesnt mark them? any experiences with would be much appreciated..=]

kermit315
05-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I dont think the one in my Del Ton build is marked at all. Not sure who they use for their BCG's, but I am pretty sure it isnt marked.

eroberts88
05-30-2009, 12:41 PM
I dont think the one in my Del Ton build is marked at all. Not sure who they use for their BCG's, but I am pretty sure it isnt marked.

My delton BCG isnt marked either... it works thats all I know

Jicko
05-30-2009, 12:44 PM
I have a complete BCG i purchased at a show that has absolutely no stampings or markings anywhere on the carrier or bolt assy.. any thoughts? the gentlement I purchased it from said it was colt.. :confused:

I wouldn't be able to tell you WHO made yours. But one thing for certain, it is NOT Colt. Most, if not all, Colt's are marked with a C on the BC, and some MP markings on the bolt itself like MPC, MPZC, etc...

You got ripped..... (if the seller sold that to you as a "Colt")

But there are a lot of good and working BCG out there without any markings, so you should be fine.... unless you are really picky....

missiontrails
05-30-2009, 1:17 PM
My RRA does not have markings.

05-30-2009, 3:20 PM
I have never seen a Colt with no markings. I think the guy that was selling it was selling a pile of BS with it. I am not saying that your BCG is crap, I just don't think it is a Colt.

taladeganite
05-30-2009, 8:57 PM
I only paid 100bux for it.. but it was used.. and not clean.. carbon build up and such.. not horribly.. but i wasnt being too picky, and it cleaned up easily.... it looks to be in good condition otherwise.. Im wondering if I should get it headspaced to my ar before I give it a go? is it wise to use two boltcarriers in the same upper? I suppose.. but any thoughts would be much appreciated.. as they thus far have been.. =]

Jicko
05-30-2009, 9:05 PM
$100, you are fine.

Just make sure that if you decided to sell it later, don't claim that it is a Colt...

Headspace check is always good when mating new bolt to barrel.

Why do you need 2 bolt carriers for 1 upper?

taladeganite
05-30-2009, 9:10 PM
I really only wanted a backup bolt or possibly another build... I couldnt in good concious sell this for anything more than a no-name Bcg.. if i ever was too.. I am considering selling it along with a dpms LPk and bullet button as times are getting financially tough.. but I really dont want to.. =/ I havent decided yet..

Jicko
05-30-2009, 9:35 PM
I really only wanted a backup bolt or possibly another build... I couldnt in good concious sell this for anything more than a no-name Bcg.. if i ever was too.. I am considering selling it along with a dpms LPk and bullet button as times are getting financially tough.. but I really dont want to.. =/ I havent decided yet..

Actually, for $100, keeping it around as a spare is a great idea... a spare bolt is ALWAYS a good idea.... the carrier don't really fail if it is properly staked...

Yet, there is almost no point just to sell the carrier and keeping the bolt as a spare...

1BigPea
05-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Actually, for $100, keeping it around as a spare is a great idea... a spare bolt is ALWAYS a good idea.... the carrier don't really fail if it is properly staked...

Yet, there is almost no point just to sell the carrier and keeping the bolt as a spare...

I agree, having a spare bolt isn't a bad idea, keep the carrier too.

Just FYI none of my Stag or CMMG carriers that came with the uppers and the spare I got from Stag have markings.

SoCalRandy
05-30-2009, 11:06 PM
My bolt says "CM" on it???? Not sure what that means?