PDA

View Full Version : Boots in The Art of The Tactical Carbine?

Maverick831
05-30-2009, 1:37 AM
Anyone know what boots Chris and Travis are wear in Disc 1 of The Art of The Tactical Carbine?

They look really comfortable.

till44
05-30-2009, 7:43 AM
Mail me the DVD's and I'll let you know.:thumbsup:

Ducman
05-30-2009, 9:13 AM
Mail me the DVD's and I'll let you know.:thumbsup: and forward it to me to verify :thumbsup:

Jicko
05-30-2009, 9:15 AM
This one is new.... never heard of anyone asking them of their boots....

Their clothings are from TADgear.... dunno about their "boots" tho...

Maverick831
05-30-2009, 10:20 AM
This one is new.... never heard of anyone asking them of their boots....

Their clothings are from TADgear.... dunno about their "boots" tho...

Really? I thought they were Arc'Teryx?

http://leaf.arcteryx.com/Combat-Jacket.asp#

Maverick831
05-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Mail me the DVD's and I'll let you know.:thumbsup:

Sure I'll mail them to you. PM me your address.

Jicko
05-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Sure I'll mail them to you. PM me your address.

PM me, i will give you the email addr of travis and chris, you can just email and ask them yourself...

When they were out here with us in LA, all of them have TADgear jacket and fleece hoodie...

http://images44.fotki.com/v1461/photos/6/26966/7304421/IMG_3316-vi.jpg

http://images42.fotki.com/v1466/photos/6/26966/7304421/IMG_3141-vi.jpg

trinydex
05-30-2009, 1:47 PM
they should be the oakley si

http://oakley.com/pd/1691/4314

http://mi.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/800x650/80/434c5c449de3b.jpg?1172801095

dchang0
05-30-2009, 2:32 PM
+10000 on the Oakleys. I'm running a pair and they are the most comfortable waterproof boots I have ever worn. You can even wear them daily--they're that comfortable!

Texas Boy
05-30-2009, 2:43 PM
Just watched the vid's last night....that does look like the boots Chris wore.

BTW - I've used a very similar style boot from Lowa for years - even spent 14 hour days in the mountains with them where we were moving over difficult terrain the entire time (even ate on the move) - and they are supper comfortable. Haven't tried the Oakleys though.

Ducman
05-30-2009, 5:18 PM
This.... They are so Tacti KOOL!!!

http://www.zappos.com/images/712/7128867/3034-210362-p.jpg?20090521173114

sreiter
05-30-2009, 11:56 PM
oalky didnt work for me, neither does the 5.11's

isnt danner still number 1 for tac boots?

trinydex
05-30-2009, 11:59 PM
i've read more consistent and better reviews about the blackhawk warrior wear desert and black ops boots than oakley and 5.11 combined. this is only for lace and wear reviews... brands like lowa and others are apparently more supportive and get very comfortable as use continues.

but for sneaker boots, apparently blackhawk has done right.

naimad
05-31-2009, 5:55 AM
http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/t6tacticaleliteboot.aspx

I really like the garmonts

05-31-2009, 6:08 AM
DANNER is good, but H-E-A-V-Y....

I run Oakley's for OPS and I don't use anything else...I have the black and desert...

If you are a MIL/LEO go here: www.usstandardissue.com and set up an account. 50% off...

Jicko
05-31-2009, 6:44 AM
DANNER is good, but H-E-A-V-Y....

I run Oakley's for OPS and I don't use anything else...I have the black and desert...

If you are a MIL/LEO go here: www.usstandardissue.com and set up an account. 50% off...

50% always? or just one time? Seems that they also give discount to public safety, not just mil/leo...

05-31-2009, 7:59 AM
50% always? or just one time? Seems that they also give discount to public safety, not just mil/leo...

ALWAYS...not like SPY OPTIC, which gives you a cap per year...

sreiter
05-31-2009, 8:09 AM
i wear hi-tech magnums everyday

Wayneard3413
05-31-2009, 8:15 AM
i've read more consistent and better reviews about the blackhawk warrior wear desert and black ops boots than oakley and 5.11 combined. this is only for lace and wear reviews... brands like lowa and others are apparently more supportive and get very comfortable as use continues.

but for sneaker boots, apparently blackhawk has done right.

Myself and 3 other guy in my unit have Blackhawk boots, all of ours are already falling apart with less than 6 months of use

After trying a pair of Oakley boots I will be swapping out to them

trinydex
05-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Myself and 3 other guy in my unit have Blackhawk boots, all of ours are already falling apart with less than 6 months of use

After trying a pair of Oakley boots I will be swapping out to them

you should contact blackhawk. apparently other people that have experienced that have gotten their boots replaced no questions asked.

RetroPhit
05-31-2009, 12:41 PM
It's not 50% off, but it's still a good deal.

They are $180, $130 for mil/leo

And yes, I am an Oakley WHORE. Everything from boots gloves bags of course glasses, o rokr pros etc. LOVE EM.

A LITTLE FYI
Apparently Magpul does as well because they are now using the quick disconnect latches that Oakley made and has been using for years on their gear. :thumbsup:

gwl
05-31-2009, 1:41 PM
Love the Oakley boots. I've tried the 5.11s, Danner and Blackhawks and while they were okay to pretty good, the Oakleys were more comfortable.

eroberts88
05-31-2009, 1:55 PM
thats awesome! I didnt know they came to california, i'd love to take their classes.

PM me, i will give you the email addr of travis and chris, you can just email and ask them yourself...

When they were out here with us in LA, all of them have TADgear jacket and fleece hoodie...

http://images44.fotki.com/v1461/photos/6/26966/7304421/IMG_3316-vi.jpg

http://images42.fotki.com/v1466/photos/6/26966/7304421/IMG_3141-vi.jpg

Wayneard3413
05-31-2009, 3:13 PM
you should contact blackhawk. apparently other people that have experienced that have gotten their boots replaced no questions asked.

Eh, I should have known to buy anything from them in the first place... I will just chalk it down as a learning experience

gwl
05-31-2009, 3:17 PM
thats awesome! I didnt know they came to california, i'd love to take their classes.
Here's their next class in CA. Sounds like a good time. Anyone take their classes

Jul 18-19, 2009 Dynamic Carbine 2 Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, Sacramento, CA

Dynamic Carbine 2
$400 / 2 day course | ammo 1800rds carbine, 300rds handgun
$500 / 3 day course | ammo 2000rds carbine, 500rds handgun
Contact us for more information
Course Description
This is a fast paced, hands-on, super dynamic live fire course with minimal time spent in the classroom. Starting with combat mindset, the class thoroughly covers:

•Rapid threat analysis and acquisition
•Shooting on the move
•Multiple target engagement
•Strong and reaction side shooting
•Malfunctions
•Natural and improvised shooting positions
•Barricade shooting
•Shooting from vehicles (client dependant)
•Concealed shooting
•Low light tactics
•Individual and team confidence enhancement shooting drills
•Individual and team live fire stress courses

Hardware/Kit
A functional carbine or submachine gun chambered in 5.56x45, 5.45x39 or 7.62x39mm or standard pistol caliber weapon systems. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Sometimes magazines will make it in your dump bag and sometimes they won't. If they hit the ground they can become fouled, causing weapon malfunctions and time off the line.

•Note pad, and pen/pencil
•Clothing suited to strenuous type activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
•Appropriate foot wear
•Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
•Ear pro (electronic preferred)
•Eye pro, which wraps around
•Clear lenses for night shoots
•Baseball style hat recommended
•Primary weapon sling, single point, or a good system that allows flexibility for transitions and reaction side weapon manipulations
•A rig that can carry a minimum of four (4) primary magazines on your person
•Functioning secondary weapon system, and three working magazines
•A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
•Primary weapon mounted light
•Secondary weapon mounted or handheld light
•Spare bulbs and batteries for all lights
•Tools that work on your weapon
•Weapons lube
•Optics will require adjustment tools and spare batteries
•Water hydrating device
•Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
•Gloves (optional)
•An open mind.

trinydex
05-31-2009, 3:33 PM
Eh, I should have known to buy anything from them in the first place... I will just chalk it down as a learning experience

for what it's worth, reports of the oakley boots are just as shoddy, but the customer service reports aren't as lauding as for blackhawk.

capntroy
05-31-2009, 3:39 PM
With as many rounds shot and mag changes that the MagPul course requires, it would suck attending that course in the PRK.

I wonder if Travis and Chris have added a "Tactical Reload using the Bullet Button" drill yet?:D

That's why I drove to Oregon for my class.

eroberts88
05-31-2009, 7:50 PM
man..Id love to take that class. Where am I going to get the money for 2k rounds and some weapon mounted surefires...

ERdept
05-31-2009, 9:53 PM
they should be the oakley si

http://oakley.com/pd/1691/4314

http://mi.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/800x650/80/434c5c449de3b.jpg?1172801095

I have these. They are VERY comfortable and I have walked over a lot of terrain with them and no blisters.

cseabass
06-01-2009, 8:14 AM
i go through 3 pairs of Oakleys a year. very comfy and light...(i just wish the Soles were tougher.) i have Danner Deser Acadia and and a pair of Chippewa EPS boots, both are heavy and nowhere near as comfy for me, though i have had them for years.

trinydex
06-01-2009, 8:26 AM
i go through 3 pairs of Oakleys a year. very comfy and light...(i just wish the Soles were tougher.) i have Danner Deser Acadia and and a pair of Chippewa EPS boots, both are heavy and nowhere near as comfy for me, though i have had them for years.

i heard a lot of this in my searches online for reviews on "assault boots" and some people explained it that these boots are more for short mission comfort and agility and less about long term wear and resolablility. that explanation made sense to me. so i don't know that it's unacceptable to have a pair of these go out in 6 months, especially if it's very regular wear.

Aftermath686
06-01-2009, 8:26 AM
Here's their next class in CA. Sounds like a good time. Anyone take their classes

Jul 18-19, 2009 Dynamic Carbine 2 Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, Sacramento, CA

Dynamic Carbine 2
$400 / 2 day course | ammo 1800rds carbine, 300rds handgun
$500 / 3 day course | ammo 2000rds carbine, 500rds handgun
Contact us for more information
Course Description
This is a fast paced, hands-on, super dynamic live fire course with minimal time spent in the classroom. Starting with combat mindset, the class thoroughly covers:

•Rapid threat analysis and acquisition
•Shooting on the move
•Multiple target engagement
•Strong and reaction side shooting
•Malfunctions
•Natural and improvised shooting positions
•Barricade shooting
•Shooting from vehicles (client dependant)
•Concealed shooting
•Low light tactics
•Individual and team confidence enhancement shooting drills
•Individual and team live fire stress courses

Hardware/Kit
A functional carbine or submachine gun chambered in 5.56x45, 5.45x39 or 7.62x39mm or standard pistol caliber weapon systems. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Sometimes magazines will make it in your dump bag and sometimes they won't. If they hit the ground they can become fouled, causing weapon malfunctions and time off the line.

•Note pad, and pen/pencil
•Clothing suited to strenuous type activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
•Appropriate foot wear
•Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
•Ear pro (electronic preferred)
•Eye pro, which wraps around
•Clear lenses for night shoots
•Baseball style hat recommended
•Primary weapon sling, single point, or a good system that allows flexibility for transitions and reaction side weapon manipulations
•A rig that can carry a minimum of four (4) primary magazines on your person
•Functioning secondary weapon system, and three working magazines
•A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
•Primary weapon mounted light
•Secondary weapon mounted or handheld light
•Spare bulbs and batteries for all lights
•Tools that work on your weapon
•Weapons lube
•Optics will require adjustment tools and spare batteries
•Water hydrating device
•Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
•Gloves (optional)
•An open mind.

Who is hosting this class? Really need to know so if you could PM me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew