PDA

View Full Version : CA: 4th Least-Free State

redline
05-29-2009, 5:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpolitics/america039s_freest_states

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/lists/freest-least-free-states/california.html?state=play

"The reasons behind California's freedom issues should surprise no one: the state spends aggressively, which not only leads to its perpetual budget issues but also to constant demands for more money-taxes are thus levied at an exorbitant rate. California's largely centralized government certainly does not help the economic issue, and its gun control laws-the strictest in the U.S.-are emblematic of a state with only moderate personal freedom."

Freest is New Hampshire. Least-Free is New York.

I thought we would have tied for 1st with New York.

RudyN
05-29-2009, 5:28 PM
I am a bit surprised that we aren't quite as bad a New York, but they way the stupid idiots in Sacramento work they will be trying to be worse that new York.

IW378
05-29-2009, 5:59 PM
I am a bit surprised that we aren't quite as bad a New York, but they way the stupid idiots in Sacramento work they will be trying to be worse that new York.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. How could Sacramento settle for being
4th place in depriving taxpayers their freedoms. You know their going to see this and start a plan to get into the top spot.

grammaton76
05-29-2009, 6:06 PM

I'm not. Had a guy at from New York looking at the CWS table and saying he didn't know you could own guns like that in the USA!

Puts a whole new perspective on things when there are people who call California a free state!

charliedontsurf334
05-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Well so goes the saying: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

SickofSoCal
05-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Should be #1 IMO. Can't wait to move....

lomalinda
05-30-2009, 12:38 AM
"Had a guy at from New York looking at the CWS table and saying he didn't know you could own guns like that in the USA!"

Well, he must not get around much outside of NYC because there are black guns all over NYS including:

1. IMI Uzi ($2100!!!)

2. FN FAL

3. Springfield SAR 48

4. B-West, Interordinance, etc. AKs

5. Saiga 12 shotguns

None of the above bore any of the stupid crap used here to neuter the guns.

The store in question is in Albany (B&J Guns).

grammaton76
06-02-2009, 4:03 PM
Interesting. I guess he must have been an NYC guy.

lomalinda
06-02-2009, 4:18 PM
"Interesting. I guess he must have been an NYC guy."

I think you're right.

I couldn't believe it when I walked into the store and saw walls full of stuff we can't get in CA. The IMI Uzi hanging on the wall really stuck out, although the B-West AK and the SA SAR were impressive, too.

What was really weird was seeing loads of high-cap mags that were pre-1994 available for sale for all types of rifles. Makes the CA laws seem so much more draconian...No wonder they want to adopt them in other areas of the country.

Bob Ragen
06-02-2009, 9:46 PM

It's always good to have a goal!:43: