PDA

View Full Version : Best Ranges in San Jose/ So. Bay for Pre-bans

vg247
04-28-2005, 9:52 PM
Hi all-

I like some recommendations for some ranges best for shooting pre-bans in the standing/ kneeling positions aside from benchrest. If possible at CQB distances and 25, 50, 100 yards

Thanks Ahead

vg247
04-28-2005, 9:52 PM
Hi all-

I like some recommendations for some ranges best for shooting pre-bans in the standing/ kneeling positions aside from benchrest. If possible at CQB distances and 25, 50, 100 yards

Thanks Ahead

icormba
04-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I've seen guys shoot prone @ Sunnyvale Rod & Gun.
http://www.sunnyvalegunclub.com/

They have the range master just wheel the bench out of the way. just also just happen to have 25, 50, 100 yard positions as well.

Metcalf & Los Altos let you stand all you want.

SI-guru
05-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Metcalf 200yd range every 4th sunday of the month. They let you shoot in any position and even send the RC car carrying ballons downrange as moving target.

scorpionusa
05-03-2005, 5:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jjc:
Metcalf 200yd range every 4th sunday of the month. They let you shoot in any position and even send the RC car carrying ballons downrange as moving target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last couple of times I've been there, I didn't see any RC car with balloon, the car probably wouldn't last one session before someone shot it up. But they do let you shoot the gongs and hanging steel plates. It's so much fun shooting the gongs because you know you hit it when you hear the sound. The gong is about 8-10" in diameter and I can hit it 8 out of 10 times with my M1a or Garand sitting or prone.

icormba
05-05-2005, 9:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jjc:
They let you shoot in any position and even send the RC car carrying ballons downrange as moving target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now that would be cool!