PDA

View Full Version : Adding Family Member to Existing AW Registration ?

eltee
05-29-2009, 11:15 AM
A family member cannot, through successorship or inheritance, acquire a lawfully registered AW upon the death of the person named on the registration under current California law. If a husband / wife, father / child were named on the original registration, either surviving person could retain ownership. My question is:

Can the (living) owner of an existing registered AW add a family member to the registration?

Jicko
05-29-2009, 12:05 PM
No.

freonr22
05-29-2009, 12:11 PM
i belive what was done then is DONE final

glockwise2000
06-01-2009, 11:12 PM
i belive what was done then is DONE final

+1. The AW will die with the owner or have the AW removed out of state.

bubbapug1
06-14-2009, 7:11 PM
Can the AW be buried with the owner??

Spade421
06-17-2009, 8:45 AM
Can the AW be buried with the owner??

I dont see why not if it was first made inoperable

eltee
06-17-2009, 9:52 AM
If a private party can send a firearm to an out of state FFL for repairs or resale, does that apply also to AW's that are legally registered? If someone sent a legally registered AW (directly, not through an FFL) lower to an out of state FFL and then filled out the Ca. Relinquishment/Disposition of an AW form, would that be proper?

CSACANNONEER
06-17-2009, 11:47 AM
If a private party can send a firearm to an out of state FFL for repairs or resale, does that apply also to AW's that are legally registered? If someone sent a legally registered AW (directly, not through an FFL) lower to an out of state FFL and then filled out the Ca. Relinquishment/Disposition of an AW form, would that be proper?

No. Any shipping of an AW, in or out of Ca, MUST go through a FFL with a AW permit.