PDA

View Full Version : Archangel Manufacturing 10/22 kit

audiophil2
05-29-2009, 10:17 AM
This pics are pre-dremel additional fitment procedures. Once I have the kit dremeled to fit better I will post cleaner pics.
The parts that need to be opened up are the inside of the top rail and magwell. Notice how the "upper" and "lower" do not line up well and the top rail is bowed from the screws. The picatinny rails are level in the top rail. The picatinny rails are not level on the barrel shroud. The magwell needs to be opened up to fit aftermarket mags. The OEM 10rounders fit perfectly.
I definately like the extended mag release and will install one on my other 10/22's. Overall I like this kit for the $150 I spent on it. There is a plastic bayonet included with the kit but I did not attach it.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm117/audiophil2/IMG_0406.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm117/audiophil2/IMG_0407.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm117/audiophil2/IMG_0408.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm117/audiophil2/IMG_0418.jpg

ITZJT
05-29-2009, 10:52 AM
looks good! :thumbsup:

mcat707
05-29-2009, 3:53 PM
Thanks for the close up pics. Im still debating on getting this kit or the Evolution stock kit or the Krinker Plinker. Big price difference on each kit though. Im hoping to find any of them used at a good price.

mcat707
05-29-2009, 3:57 PM
Also I just noticed it has a mag release button. All looks, no function correct?

audiophil2
05-29-2009, 6:37 PM
The AR style mag release button is just to add realism to the kit. The extended mag release comes with the kit and replaces the factory part.

xounlistedxox
05-29-2009, 11:38 PM
I just picked up my kit today. Luckily my friend works at a gun shop and I picked this up for $120. Mine was the same as audiophil's kit as far as the fitting of the kit being a little off, but I figure I was gonna pay $80 for a Choate Dragunov stock, so might as well get something "cooler"
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp240/xounlistedxox/img1243664539324.jpg

forgiven
05-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Does anyone have a picture of one in stainless?

xounlistedxox
05-30-2009, 8:20 AM
If you used a stainless rifle with this kit you wpuld regret it because it would cover up 75% of the finish. All you couls see is the small part of the barrel that pokes out, and a little under the handguards

Quickdraw Mcgraw
06-03-2009, 3:56 PM
Stainless would look funny...what this kit needs is a black 10/22 and a straight fluted barell...then it looks awsome! I'm new at this, but I'll try to find some pics of mine I can upload!

logangrimnar
06-05-2009, 5:18 AM
does the entire front sight ring need to be removed to install this kit and if so how do you remove the ring

audiophil2
06-05-2009, 6:31 AM
does the entire front sight ring need to be removed to install this kit and if so how do you remove the ring

All you do is tap out the front site blade from left to right with a brass punch. I'm cheap so I just used a drill bit after soaking the blade in wd-40.

logangrimnar
06-11-2009, 8:57 PM
Thanks for the info. Worked like a charm using a broken cleaning rod for a punch. Took it to the range today. Great groups at 100 yards and got tons of looks and one guy said he was buying one when he got home.

audiophil2
06-12-2009, 9:50 AM
Thanks for the info. Worked like a charm using a broken cleaning rod for a punch. Took it to the range today. Great groups at 100 yards and got tons of looks and one guy said he was buying one when he got home.

Happy to help out.
Everyone that see's this kit loves it in my experience even with the fitment flaws. How can one complain when it costs $.03/rnd to shoot and is far more accurate than an AR conversion or GSG?

xounlistedxox
06-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Some drawbacks to this kit are:
No iron sights
Must remove scope to disassemble
Must re-zero every time you disassemble
Front barrel sleeve scuffs your finish.

I sold my kit for these reasons and will build an evolution

logangrimnar
06-12-2009, 8:29 PM
I'm not sure why you would need to disassemble this kit. you can certainly get the kit with pop up sights and I'm not sure why you would need those either. I also don't know why you would remove the barrel sleeve. Once put together I don't plan on taking it apart further than needed for cleaning

xounlistedxox
06-12-2009, 9:21 PM
You need to disassemble the kit for proper cleaning of your rifle. I don't feel right with any firearm that doesn't have some sort of back-up sights incase of optic failure, so the need for back up sights is there for me. Removing the barrel sleeve could be for many reasons. I removed mine, so that I could sell the kit and it put quite a few scuffs on my barrel.

Kodja
12-07-2009, 1:43 AM
Hello, new on this forum :)
I have a Ruger 10\22 rifle already equipped with a silencer, scoope, Harris Two foot, and a Buttler Creek 25clips magasine.
This morning i found this awesome Archangel stock, fell in love instantly... but do anybody have exact pics how and where the modifications were made to make it fit perfect? :)
just want to see before i order the stock, front end grip, 4 B.C. 25 mags... :)

does anybody want videos from 10\22 shooting or is that on another undersite here? :)

davemanut
01-10-2010, 8:29 AM
I'm thinking of buying this kit and was wondering what mags you guys were using? I've read that some can be hard to get in out/so I was wondering what your experiences were with your magazines. Thanks!

D.C.

xounlistedxox
01-10-2010, 2:46 PM
I have eagle, ruger factory, ram line, butler creek mags etc. All of them stuck without modifying the archangel kit. You would be better off going with the rb precision evolution conversion.