PDA

View Full Version : 35th assemblymember Pedro Nava (D) to run for AG

air soft rules!
05-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Just a heads up, he announced early today maybe a trial baloon? He talks tough on crime like he is a big bi-partisan, but we all know its the usual run to the center BS! Please chime in with your careful thoughts and analysis.

lioneaglegriffin
05-29-2009, 12:51 AM
does it have to be carefully thought out? ;)

seems pretty centrist.

http://www.pedronava.com/issues?id=0001

Public Safety

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pedro's priority is keeping California's neighborhoods safe. As the Chair of the Joint Committee on Emergency Services and Homeland Security and a member of the Governor's Emergency Council, he has worked to ensure that the state has the response capability and tools necessary to support both law enforcement officials and families during crises and emergencies. He has fought to:

Provide assistance and tax relief for Californians affected by disasters.

Create the California Emergency Management Agency (CalEMA) by merging the Office of Emergency Services and Homeland Security, a reform requested by law enforcement, fire and first responders.

Create the Emergency Management Assistance Compact between California and other states so we receive mutual aid during declared states of emergency and natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina and California's wildfires.

Create a protocol to ensure that state agencies and local first responders are coordinated in designing a statewide integrated public safety communication system.

Prohibit authorities from granting deferred entry of judgment to juveniles who have committed egregious sex crimes.

Allow the courts to consider sexual violent predator-listed crimes from juvenile records when assessing an individual who has been convicted of a listed SVP crime as an adult, to determine eligibility for a long-term civil commitment program for the offender.

Increase the number of peace officers in California.

Create the Veteran and National Guard Benefit Commission to tackle the issues of California's solders not receiving promised assistance and benefits such as pay, medical and mental health services, as well as employment and reemployment rights.

Put children first when they have a parent who is arrested or incarcerated by encouraging the development of protocols by local law enforcement and county welfare agencies and required the development of guidelines and training on child safety during arrest by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.

CnCFunFactory
05-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Pedro is...
Chair, Banking and Finance Committee
Primary jurisdictions are financial institutions, real property finance, and corporate securities law.

Based on this alone, given the economic situation here he should be run out of California let alone be elected to a new post....

air soft rules!
05-29-2009, 1:55 AM
uh, very interesting, I live in Santa Barbara and he represents my district, his plan for increasing peace officers? announced today here 4.7% cut in the local fire and police budgets, included in this possible lay-offs of those same first responders, but first thing they announced no more police funding for school crossing guards, the local school districts which have huge shortfalls and announced layoffs will have to provide the crossing gaurds themselves. So again being represented by him, and seeing the results first hand, why should he ask for my vote? As a Calgunner I seek a straight forward answer for myself, no slogans, no puff, no pandering, the juvenile crime rate is through the roof here, we have multiple gang stabbings a month, and this alone should give "just cause" for a CCW, getting from my car to my front door without being accosted. Yet it is a very unfriendly district this "may issue" 35th assembly district, and so how will Pedro Nava if elected to AG proceed? On issues like AW's, OLL's, the BOF? As anyone can see, natural disasters and the preperation thereof, has been a huge part of living in the west, as firearms ownershiphas been. No new method of prosecuting criminals, whatever thier crime, has ever done away with crime. Yes, prosecute criminals, but yes, protect the right of the individual to keep and bear arms, with no new efforts to infringe the Individual, the FFL, or the Manufacturer, from what is lawful and constitutionally protected.

Osprey
05-29-2009, 2:02 AM
uh, very interesting, I live in Santa Barbara and he represents my district, his plan for increasing peace officers? announced today here 4.7% cut in the local fire and police budgets, included in this possible lay-offs of those same first responders, but first thing they announced no more police funding for school crossing guards, the local school districts which have huge shortfalls and announced layoffs will have to provide the crossing gaurds themselves. So again being represented by him, and seeing the results first hand, why should he ask for my vote? As a Calgunner I seek a straight forward answer for myself, no slogans, no puff, no pandering, the juvenile crime rate is through the roof here, we have multiple gang stabbings a month, and this alone should give "just cause" for a CCW, getting from my car to my front door without being accosted. Yet it is a very unfriendly district this "may issue" 35th assembly district, and so how will Pedro Nava if elected to AG proceed? On issues like AW's, OLL's, the BOF? As anyone can see, natural disasters and the preperation thereof, has been a huge part of living in the west, as firearms ownershiphas been. No new method of prosecuting criminals, whatever thier crime, has ever done away with crime. Yes, prosecute criminals, but yes, protect the right of the individual to keep and bear arms, with no new efforts to infringe the Individual, the FFL, or the Manufacturer, from what is lawful and constitutionally protected.

Don't forget, he introduced the Condor bullet ban!

What a centrist!