PDA

View Full Version : RRA 2-stage trigger with non-RRA parts kit?

chainsaw
05-28-2009, 9:17 PM
I once had an AR-style rifle that was originally built with a Rock River (RRA) LPK, and then upgraded to have the RRA 2-stage trigger. Unfortunately, to make it run reliably (long story), it had to be downgraded to the regular trigger again. So now I have a RRA 2-stage trigger sitting around, and no place to install it.

I'm about to start building another OLL-based rifle, so I'll have to get an LPK for it. This would be a good opportunity to use my leftover RRA 2-stage trigger. But RRA LPKs are pretty hard to find these days. Which immediately leads to the following question:

Can I use the RRA 2-stage trigger with the other parts of some other brand LPK? Or should I make the extra effort to secure an RRA LPK?

dfletcher
05-28-2009, 9:55 PM
I used 5 of them in 5 separate builds, mostly DPMS lower parts in Stag lowers and no problems at all. I did one build with all odds & ends and the RRA 2 stage worked fine.

DRM6000
05-28-2009, 9:58 PM
it's not a problem to run the rra trigger with non-rra parts. i run a few rra 2-stage triggers with dpms lpks just fine.

glock_this
05-28-2009, 10:07 PM
in a RRA LPK, especially 2 stage, the thing that is most truly RRA is the trigger, much of the rest is pretty similar across the board when you compare different LPKs (trigger guard, grip, bolts, bolt catch, mag release, springs, pins, blah blah) point is I would not think mixing and matching would matter 1 bit and would not even think twice about it.

Agro
05-28-2009, 10:24 PM
The trigger/hammer for the RRA 2 stage trigger are independent of the other parts in the LPK like the detents, bolt catch, mag catch, etc. The springs from even a single stage Stag or DPMS would work fine, same with the trigger/hammer pins as they are the same diameter for the lower. I have a Stag LPK with a RRA 2 stage, KNS pins (so not Stag or RRA) and I use trigger/hammer springs from another mfgr. You're good to go.

Jicko
05-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Can I use the RRA 2-stage trigger with the other parts of some other brand LPK?

It is FINE.

hybridatsun350
05-28-2009, 11:30 PM
No issues here. :thumbsup: