PDA

View Full Version : Concealed carry question.

gunsrfun
05-28-2009, 9:39 PM
So what constitutes concealed carry? If I have a holster on my hip, out side of my pants, attached to a belt, but it is covered by my shirt, is that considered concealed? Would I have to tuck my shirt in to be legal? Yes I know I can just carry my fishing pole and carry concealed, but I don't want to have my fishing pole with me when we are just going on a hike.

Librarian
05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Courts worry about "Substantial Concealment.
People v. Wharton (1992) 5 Cal.App.4th 72, 75 [6 Cal.Rptr.2d 673];
People v. Fuentes (1976) 64 Cal.App.3d 953, 955 [134 Cal.Rptr. 885]. "

In your example, the shirt hanging over the gun is highly likely to be argued as 'concealed'. Tuck in your shirt.

MrClamperSir
05-28-2009, 10:21 PM
What's the fishing pole thing about?

TheBundo
05-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Frankly, I'd use a safety pin to make sure any shirt or coat I was wearing COULDN'T end up over part of my gun

Quiet
05-29-2009, 12:21 AM
What's the fishing pole thing about?

You can legally carry concealed while fishing and can legally unloaded carry to & from the fishing site.

Penal Code 12027
Section 12025 does not apply to, or affect, any of the following:
(g) Licensed hunters or fishermen carrying pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person while engaged in hunting or fishing, or transporting those firearms unloaded when going to or returning from the hunting or fishing expedition.

Penal Code 12025
(a) A person is guilty of carrying a concealed firearm when he or she does any of the following:
(1) Carries concealed within any vehicle which is under his or her control or direction any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(2) Carries concealed upon his or her person any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(3) Causes to be carried concealed within any vehicle in which he or she is an occupant any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.