PDA

View Full Version : Just got a response from my rep on AB 357

ChuckBooty
05-28-2009, 6:33 PM
It's been dead for quite some time (obviously) but I just got this a few minutes ago.

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your support for Assembly Bill 357 (Knight, 2009). I would like to update you on the status of this legislation.

AB 357, as drafted, allows an individual to carry a concealed firearm after it has been determined by the municipal police department that the person has a clean criminal record and has completed the requisite training course.

Currently, AB 357 is in the Assembly Committee on Public Safety but has been pulled from consideration at the request of the author, and will not be heard this year. As always, I will keep your comments in mind when the bill comes before me in its final form.

Again, I appreciate your concern. Should you be interested in keeping up on developments in the State Capitol and around the 64th District, I invite you to visit my website at www.assembly.ca.gov/64 where you may sign up to receive my monthly newsletter.

It is an honor to serve you in the California State Assembly.

Sincerely,

BRIAN NESTANDE

Assemblyman, 64th District

HondaMasterTech
05-28-2009, 7:04 PM
Mr.Knight is trying to do a good thing. I hope he succeeds.

nicki
05-29-2009, 3:19 AM
Mr Knight did a great thing.

We now have on public record, the assembly committee voting against "equal rights".

This could help us on our lawsuits regarding CCW because we can plead with the court that in spite of Heller and in complete disregard for equal rights that are supposedly guaranteed by the State Constitution, the legislature refused to fix the problem even after it was pointed to them and they were given a easy fix.

BTW, I was on of Assemblyman Knights official witnesses and I quoted Art 1 Sec7b word for word and made the snide comment that the constitution doesn't say equal rights except for gun permits.

Nicki

Kid Stanislaus
05-29-2009, 7:41 AM
We now have on public record, the assembly committee voting against "equal rights". Nicki

I thought it was pulled from consideration by the author.

ChuckBooty
05-29-2009, 9:06 AM
I thought it was pulled from consideration by the author.

That's what I thought was strange about the letter. I thought that it was voted down....what's the deal?