TonyNorCal
02-22-2005, 4:57 PM
Which would you guys go with?

TonyNorCal
02-22-2005, 4:57 PM
Which would you guys go with?

Dr. EBR
02-22-2005, 5:21 PM
Vulcan. Because it looks as if the modification to a real AR receiver (if you leave the state) would seem fairly simple. Vulcan won't oficially tell you that, other than you'd need a "tool" which suffices the DOJ's requirement for a non-detachable mag, apparently.

I already have a standard AR receiver for reference. And it looks as though all you'd need is a hand drill to remove the special mag catch and install a real one to make the conversion. That's assuming the magazine isn't in any way welded in place and the mag well doesn't need any further remodeling.

rkt88edmo
02-22-2005, 5:59 PM
I'd say get whichever is cheaper. Converting one after moving out of CA seems irrelevent since you could just buy a new lower for less than you can sell the CA lower for.

Mike Searson
02-22-2005, 6:58 PM
I wouldn't buy either one...but if I had to make a choice...I'd go with the FAB10.

shooterx10
02-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Frankly, I'd hold off until a better Kali-legal AR receiver debuts from a more reputable AR-manufacturer such as Armalite or Bushmaster. I'm sure if Vulcan can get their Ar-lower approved for this damn Commie State, other companies will follow sooner or later.

However, if you are itching for one now, get the Vulcan. As long as the receiver fits your upper and the rifle operations are normal (firing, extraction, feeding, buffer compression and return, then a Vulcan V15-202 receiver should be good to go.

Vulcan Armament won't come out and say whether the mag is permanently welded or not, but to make it short, the company said "it is permanently attached according to CA DOJ" and the fixed mag can be removed with a mill.

An emasculated mutant FAB-10 outside of this Commie State is just a paperweight. However, if the mag can be removed on the Vulcan, you got yourself a run-of-the-mill AR and won't waste any time and money to purchase a new AR receiver. This is provided that you are outside of this state's borders!