PDA

View Full Version : Friendly OOS FFL Review

sd1023x
05-28-2009, 9:43 AM
OOS= Out Of State

So my friend has been looking for AK styled rifle to own in California. We went to Ontario and saw WASR-10's from $700-$900 plus. That was too much for that level of quality so we decided to do Saiga 7.62 conversions. After pricing that out, it was $500 (auction plus ship plus dros), $250 for parts to do conversion and an unknown amount in gunsmith charges.

So found an auction for an Arsenal SGL (Arsenal SLR and SLG is on the banned list but not SGL) and bought it. Here is great priced one on gunbroker. http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=130179553. Now I just needed to find an OOS FFL to make it Cali Compliant and send it to Cali.

This is where I'd like to thank Calguns member Thunderbird. He is an CA DOJ approved FFL in Oklahoma. http://www.thunderbirdarmory.com/aboutuscontactus.htm Initially the auctioneer wouldn't sell me the Arsenal because of the California address on my GB profile. But Thunderbird called the auctioneer on my behalf, explained what was going on and the auctioneer agreed to send the Arsenal to Thunderbird. Thunderbird is going make the arsenal featureless and send it to my Cali local FFL. Thunderbird will work with you and help explain laws to make your transaction happen legally. And the best part, his fees ARE RIDICULOUSLY REASONABLE, to dros, make cali compliant and ship to california! Would definitely do business again. He's providing a great service to CALIFORNIANS and hope you guys use his services.

I will get the Arsenal delivered and DROS in California for all less than $1000. So all of you thinking of getting a WASR-10 and paying $700-$900, pay the few extra bucks and get a AK that is 10 times the quality.

And basically, anything weapon that can be made california compliant, Thunderbird will work with you to get it to you legally.

Thanks Thunderbird!

Thunderbird
05-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks. Glad to help.

Man, I wish they didn't have all I.O. AK's on the list. Just got a nice one that I could sell for $575 shipped and NIB.

sd1023x
05-28-2009, 10:31 AM
bmp