PDA

View Full Version : gunbroker auctions and 30 day limit

beetle
05-28-2009, 8:40 AM
Hi There.

Currently in the 10 day wait for a new handgun and saw another handgun on gunbroker I'm interested in. It's a used gun. Are gunbroker auctions considered a person to person transfer so that they don't fall in the 30 day limit?

If the gun comes with a 15 round magazine are they allowed to ship to CA or would they ship gun without the mag?

sorry about the noob questions -- I'm new to this :)

thanks!

69Mach1
05-28-2009, 8:55 AM
PPT is when both parties are at the FFL in person to do the transfer. If the handgun is shipped to the FFL then it would be an "internet" transfer subject to safe handgun list and extra fees.

CHS
05-28-2009, 9:12 AM
The "only 1 every 30" rule applies to that transfer.

They can ship the mags to an FFL here if they have the hi-cap permit, but then that FFL won't be able to release the mags to you. You'll have to go find some 10rd'ers.

beetle
05-28-2009, 9:20 AM
thanks for the answers gentlemen. grrrr -- gonna have to pass on that auction since I just started my new 30 day limit just started. this law is so stupid. :(

stag1500
05-28-2009, 9:45 AM
thanks for the answers gentlemen. grrrr -- gonna have to pass on that auction since I just started my new 30 day limit just started. this law is so stupid. :(

You don't have to pass on the auction at all. Go ahead and purchase the gun and have it shipped to your FFL. As soon as your 30-days are up, go back to your FFL and fill out the paperwork for it. I'm sure they won't mind holding on to your gun for a month. It would almost be like doing a layaway.

highpowermatch
05-28-2009, 9:56 AM

Check with you're dealer, they might hold on to it for you until the 30 days is up.

CHS
05-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Check with you're dealer, they might hold on to it for you until the 30 days is up.

+1. We've done that for several customers. It's not a big deal.

And remember, it's 30 days from the START of the DROS, so it's only 20 days from pick-up.