PDA

View Full Version : Need some clarification, thinking of selling my 9mm upper

bambihunter
05-28-2009, 7:04 AM
Ok here it goes. I have a 9mm Olympic A3 style (with handle) upper that I have had since 1999. It has no flash hider, bayonet lug or muzzle device (very little signature at night regardless). Is there a legal age for purchase of an upper? I know it is the receiver that you have to be 21 or 18 for a full rifle to obtain...

And for the meat and potatoes, I also have about 5 Sten mags (32 rounds) that have been converted for usage, they have a block welded to them to allow the conventional usage of the mag release. Can I break these down into kits and sell them with the lower? It also would sell with a 10 rounder. I am also in CA. Thanks for any help in advance.

Tony.
05-28-2009, 7:07 AM
The upper is not a gun, just a bunch of metal parts put together. You can sell it to a todler if you want.

The mags can be sold as kits if you take them apart.

DirtRacer151
05-28-2009, 7:10 AM
Ill buy the sten rebuild kits :)

bambihunter
05-28-2009, 2:06 PM
Ok, the upper and mag kits are up for grabs.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=188549

B Strong
05-28-2009, 4:34 PM
Ok, the upper and mag kits are up for grabs.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=188549

Nice rig and you didn't use The Gougers Handbook on the price either - good luck

bambihunter
05-28-2009, 4:56 PM
Nice rig and you didn't use The Gougers Handbook on the price either - good luck

Ha, yeah that's not really my style. I figure if someone can use it, let em have it for a fair price. I've learned that most scenes (guns, hot rods, bars, etc.) are small, and what comes around goes around. Hell, I would trade straight across for a nib Browning T Bolt sporter in 17 HMR with some glass on it...

DirtRacer151
05-28-2009, 10:36 PM
darn...i didnt realize the mags were permanently modified for your upper. I need the for a future M-11/9 project

bambihunter
05-29-2009, 7:24 AM
darn...i didnt realize the mags were permanently modified for your upper. I need the for a future M-11/9 project

Yeah, its a great set up for the AR rifles, not so hot for your application... Try 44mag.com they ship mag kits if they don't have them maybe they could lead you in the right direction.... Good company to deal with.