View Full Version : Building a CA AR?

05-27-2009, 7:26 PM
Looking into building a CA legal AR and was wondering how to acquire the necessary items like upper halves and stripped lowers when manufactures wont ship to CA. Thanks!:43:

05-27-2009, 7:33 PM
check riflegear.com

05-27-2009, 7:39 PM
Could visit a local gun shop. Where are you? I'm sure folks could direct you to local shops that are OLL-friendly

05-27-2009, 7:46 PM
Yup...post your location and you'll likely get a few recommendations for good shops in your area.

Welcome to CG :)

05-27-2009, 7:47 PM
Try asking in the Centerfire Rifle Section of this site. This isn't really a 2nd Amendment specific topic

05-27-2009, 8:02 PM
The threads in my signature will get you started.

05-27-2009, 8:16 PM
I'm in Humboldt county, land of the lost...

05-27-2009, 9:39 PM
Check Riflegear, pk, and find an FFL dealer that will DROS a stripped lower for you to have them ship to. You may even find a local sale of a stripped lower. +1 for the map of OLL dealers. At least if they are not stocking OLL's, you can usually have them DROS'd there. After that, it depends on the configuration you want(adjustable stock, fixed stock, trigger upgrades, upper receiver type, what type hand guards, what kind of sighting do you want to use). Most of everything you can find on here. Look through our sponsors and find links to their websites and also the companies in the vendors list. The basis you will need is a stripped lower, lower parts kit, bullet button or some other type of magazine locking device. The rest is up to you.

05-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanx a million everyones been a lot of help!