PDA

View Full Version : Obama TV ad for Sotomayor for SCOTUS

Jarrod
05-27-2009, 5:55 PM
Just saw a "campaign-type" TV ad with Obama giving a pro-Sotomayor for SCOTUS plug.

I have never seen something like this before, i.e., ads taken out by a POTUS compaiging for a person to be SCOTUS.

What is going on?

Jarrod
05-27-2009, 5:57 PM
BTW, I know these guys are taking the "boiling the frog" approach to law and culture in the US, but this is some pretty fast frog-boiling.

Midian
05-27-2009, 6:05 PM
God, where are we going with this Obama clown?

"When you have a demagogue, and a fanatical mass movement of personality cultists, who is imposing the program of a group of extreme bankers and finance oligarchs...that's fascism."

Webster Tarpley nails Obama in one sentence.

tankerman
05-27-2009, 6:15 PM
Is he using taxpayer money to make infomercials?

lioneaglegriffin
05-27-2009, 6:27 PM

what tax payer money? he does have a group that he converted from his campaign organizing for america. just like McCain set up PAC from his old campaign.

Trench Broom
05-27-2009, 9:46 PM
The guy just can't get outta campaign mode.

dustoff31
05-27-2009, 10:14 PM

Probably not. He's spent all that already.

st.clouds
05-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Insane... incredulously stupidly insane... :eek:

So we've a judge nomination for a supposedly impartial government entity that's there to provide check and balances against the legislative and the executive branches, being campaigned around by the president...

Is the American population at large knowledgeable enough to see that there's an obvious conflict of interest here!?

I'm sorry, while this isn't technically illegal, something about it stinks!

CalNRA
05-27-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't remember seeing ads for Sam Alito or John Roberts, then again I don't watch enough TV I guess.:confused:

tazmanian devil dog
05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
God help us all.

yellowfin
05-28-2009, 4:29 AM
I saw it on the air in Ft worth and could barely sit in my seat. I almost can't think of anything to say in greater detail about this that won't come out as tin foil hattery, but suffice it to say I too find it disturbing. It's almost as if it were a warning shot across the airwaves daring us to respond, setting a trap for us to come out and say what we know to make us rather than her sound like extremists and be discredited.

AaronHorrocks
05-28-2009, 6:30 AM

It's the only thing he knows that works.

Hoop
05-28-2009, 6:47 AM

All money they use is "taxpayer" money.

Also I saw a bit of that commercial and I found it disturbing.

Hoop
05-28-2009, 6:50 AM
Is the American population at large knowledgeable enough to see that there's an obvious conflict of interest here!?

People are too stupid to notice. This has been going on for thousands of years. Just look at the Roman Senate going up against the various Caesars / Generals etc.

rbgaynor
05-28-2009, 8:13 AM

So we've a judge nomination for a supposedly impartial government entity that's there to provide check and balances against the legislative and the executive branches, being campaigned around by the president...

All modern administrations have campaigned for their nominees. They may not all have been as overt to run TV ads, but it's nothing new (or "stinky").

There's a reason they refer to the presidency as a "bully pulpit" - the office allows the president an opportunity to speak out and be listened to on any matter. Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton are two other recent presidents who were very good at this.

Barbarossa
05-28-2009, 8:31 AM
Is anyone else hoping Sotomayor, owes back taxes?

dustoff31
05-28-2009, 8:34 AM
Is anyone else hoping Sotomayor, owes back taxes?

Judging by most of the appointments made recently that would merely assure her appointment. We have a tax cheat running the IRS, why would one on the SCOTUS matter?

highpowermatch
05-28-2009, 9:05 AM

"Is the American population at large knowledgeable enough to see that there's an obvious conflict of interest here!?"

No... I have probed all the Obama supporters that I know and they all like her because if Obama says she is good she must be. Obama is officially the mind for all libs who agree with him. they all stated how smart she is and her education is top notch as they all heard from the liberal news sources. So when asked if they researched her records on her rulings the answer (big shock) is no, have no idea what her record is. "but shes educated and has empathy" Good God sheeple!!, just because you voted for Obama does not mean you have no right to question his actions!

Sorry just venting... am surrounded by self proclaimed "Liberal Intellectuals" aka sheeple

tiki
05-28-2009, 9:13 AM
Ted Bundy was educated.

lazuris
05-28-2009, 9:18 AM
I'm listening to Rush ATM, he was talking about her 2004 ruling/opinion that the 2nd does not apply to the states. Another waco leftwing nutjob in a major power role. We're sop screwed. My money says that the repukeicans in the senate roll over on this one. She's not even latin, she's 3rd generation American.

m1aowner
05-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Anybody got a link?

nicki
05-28-2009, 12:47 PM
It could be that this nominee is in trouble already.

They may have screwed up in the vetting process. Turns out Obama never asked her about abortion and the pro choice forces are now worried.

Hispanics tend to be "Pro Life".

Nicki

lioneaglegriffin
05-28-2009, 1:38 PM
It could be that this nominee is in trouble already.

They may have screwed up in the vetting process. Turns out Obama never asked her about abortion and the pro choice forces are now worried.

Hispanics tend to be "Pro Life".

Nicki

especially the red blooded catholics.

Aegis
05-28-2009, 8:16 PM
They have to put out propaganda to make her appear more "mainstream". If people truly knew her record, she would not have a chance. They may realize there may be some dirt coming out about her, so they are doing some damage control.