PDA

View Full Version : Question on Shipping Stripped AR Lower to Manufacturer

slaaw
05-27-2009, 3:28 PM
I need to ship a stripped lower that's registered to me back to the manufacturer in the east coast for repairs. Can I just send it directly to them and they send it directly back to me when finished or does an FFL need to be involved somewhere in between?

hawk1
05-27-2009, 3:34 PM
Only AW's are registered to you. If this is an AW be sure you follow the law as it applies to them.

Rifles and shotguns you can be shipped through the US Mail or by private carrier such as FedEx/UPS. You can send directly to and you may receive it directly back.

Jicko
05-27-2009, 3:36 PM
I need to ship a stripped lower that's registered to me back to the manufacturer in the east coast for repairs. Can I just send it directly to them and they send it directly back to me when finished or does an FFL need to be involved somewhere in between?

If it is an OLL, yes, you can send them directly to them, and they can send them directly back to you. I do think that when they get back to you, you need to "sign" for it.

Fjold
05-27-2009, 3:38 PM
Like it was said above, if it's not a registered AW it is considered a long gun and you can mail it or ship it to the manufacturer and they can send it back without any local FFL being involved

slaaw
05-28-2009, 8:32 AM
Thanks for the replies.

DirtRacer151
05-28-2009, 8:52 AM
My MSAR got dropped off on my porch in the middle of the day with no signature