PDA

View Full Version : Trigger pin movement

tomd1584
05-27-2009, 1:38 PM
I read all the threads I could find on the topic, but nothing really helped. I've put about 200 rounds through my rifle so far, but after about 40-50 rounds the trigger pin keeps creeping out of the lower....The first time it kinda scared me. I have taken it apart multiple times thinking maybe I did something wrong but still happens. Is this typical? It doesnt seem like the spring arms (?) are sitting in the groves of the pin.

How can I fix this? I've tried everything I can think of (but I'm no gun expert). The gun functions perfectly except for this.

I've seen the KNS anti-rotation kit, does it fix this problem? This is just a fun gun but when the pin comes out, its NOT FUN.

thanks

Tom

Mob
05-27-2009, 1:49 PM
i had a CMMG LPK where the pin walked out, i bought a stag lpk and switched out the hammer/trigger and both pins and didnt have a problem since.

Jicko
05-27-2009, 1:51 PM
Generally it should not be a problem.... if you installed it correctly... ie. one of the legs from the hammer spring is in the groove of the trigger pin...

The easy fix is of course the KNS Anti-walk pins (isn't that obvious?)

DirtRacer151
05-27-2009, 1:51 PM
Get the KNS pins. Problem solved!

tomd1584
05-27-2009, 1:59 PM
i had a CMMG LPK where the pin walked out, i bought a stag lpk and switched out the hammer/trigger and both pins and didnt have a problem since.

Mine is a CMMG lpk.

Generally it should not be a problem.... if you installed it correctly... ie. one of the legs from the hammer spring is in the groove of the trigger pin...

The easy fix is of course the KNS Anti-walk pins (isn't that obvious?)

I have disassembled and re-assembled the trigger group like 5 times. The gun functions perfectly except for this. Could still be something i'm missing....

Get the KNS pins. Problem solved!

I might just do that.

Thanks Guys!

Spade421
05-27-2009, 1:59 PM
your trigger group should look like this diagram

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9495/triggerdiagram.jpg

Cyclepath
05-27-2009, 2:01 PM
Or get some JP or DPMS Antiwalk pins. They have a allen head bolt on each side to prevent the pin from walking out. Usually under $10.

Agro
05-27-2009, 2:05 PM
Sometimes people swap out the hammer spring with a lighter spring and it isn't enough to keep the pins from walking out. But generally it's people not installing the pins/spring correctly.

Still, as people said, KNS 100% prevents this and the possible roll that the pins would do that may over many many thousand rounds cause the trigger/hammer pins to be larger in diameter. I have the KNS pins :)

tomd1584
05-27-2009, 2:30 PM
your trigger group should look like this diagram

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9495/triggerdiagram.jpg
I just took it apart again, and everything looks correct. If i didnt install correctly I dont think the gun would function, right?

Or get some JP or DPMS Antiwalk pins. They have a allen head bolt on each side to prevent the pin from walking out. Usually under $10.
I've seen these, and look like a less $$ alternative to KNS

Sometimes people swap out the hammer spring with a lighter spring and it isn't enough to keep the pins from walking out. But generally it's people not installing the pins/spring correctly.

Still, as people said, KNS 100% prevents this and the possible roll that the pins would do that may over many many thousand rounds cause the trigger/hammer pins to be larger in diameter. I have the KNS pins :)

The hammer pin doesnt walk at all. Its just the trigger pin, and From looking at it over and over it all looks correct. Might just buy the KNS kit.

tomd1584
05-27-2009, 2:43 PM
Fixed it, thanks guys. Don't know what I did, but the leg now holds the pin.

Thanks again for everyones help.

aplinker
05-27-2009, 3:22 PM
odds are something was reversed or out of order.

A correctly installed FCG shouldn't allow the trigger pin to walk.

Glad you got it fixed!

OofieXD
05-27-2009, 3:39 PM
Thanks to this thread, I found out that I installed the hammer spring incorrectly. I was still able to use the rifle but the pin was moving.