PDA

View Full Version : Need to sell 60 guns and the law

22popnsplat
05-27-2009, 2:28 PM
I family freind passed away 2 years ago and the assets of the estate went through probate , His wife and son in law have possesion of all the firearms and are looking to sell off the majority of them . They have come to me to see if there are any I want to buy and to help them establish values .
Its easy to establish the value and would like to suggest that they sell them here on the classified section but I dont know the laws regarding the sale of this many firearms by a private party ??.
The other option is i do know a good FFL that would put them on gun broker for them for a fee (usually 20%) but I would like to see the widow get as much as possible .
Any suggestions??
I felt I needed to add this : Let me make this part Clear . I do not have the guns , I dont even have a list yet . All guns will be sold Legally , They have simply asked me for help with prices and I will do what I can for the widow and her son , These are good people .

Super Spy
05-27-2009, 2:34 PM
Find out how many can be sold without the license, sell the most valuable ones here that you can within the law, and you have at least 2 sellers to double the legal number.

I'm interested in the 7mm Remington Mag and possibly the shotgun...Maybe a 1911 too...

Good luck!

CaliforniaLiberal
05-27-2009, 2:35 PM
I have no personal experience but have heard many endorsements from CalGunners for http://www.gunslingerauctions.com/

They just had an auction and generally hold them every 4 to 5 months in West Covina.

I think you would get a much better deal than a 20% fee but check it out and see what they charge. They have a lot of experience with estate sales of large numbers of guns and appraisals.

CL

22popnsplat
05-27-2009, 2:39 PM
I have no personal experience but have heard many endorsements from CalGunners for http://www.gunslingerauctions.com/

They just had an auction and generally hold them every 4 to 5 months in West Covina.

I think you would get a much better deal than a 20% fee but check it out and see what they charge. They have a lot of experience with estate sales of large numbers of guns and appraisals.

CL

Actually its funny you should mention this auction site , I just bought some contender barrels on one of there auctions and there is a %20 buyers premium on top of the bid . So if you bid $100 and its in Ca you pay $120 plus tax and shipping if needed . They aint real quick to ship either !!

maschronic
05-27-2009, 2:42 PM
what city are you in?? i know someone who might be interested in the whole package and they are a FFL01.

Theseus
05-27-2009, 3:01 PM
I thought that there is only a limit to 5 handguns, but I also remember that there is language that would suggest that since this is a one-time deal that you might be in the clear to sell them all since it is all part of one sale.

pullnshoot25
05-27-2009, 3:07 PM
Where are you at and why don't you post them on CGN so we can ogle and by them? Give back to the community!

leitung
05-27-2009, 4:38 PM
Post up the ones you don't want, I might be interested in a M1895 Steyr if you have one.

MikeinnLA
05-27-2009, 4:41 PM
I'l take the minty fresh Marlin 1894C.:clap:

Mike

AndrewMendez
05-27-2009, 4:53 PM
priorities 1st, Sorry for your loss. Where are you located? I have a book that shows prices of Guns, your more then welcome to use it, if your in the neighborhood. It might be a little out dated, but should at least give you a good idea! Shoot me a PM if I can help.

AirflowPimp
05-27-2009, 5:15 PM
Condolances. Sorry for your loss.

Dont know about the laws, but it looks like you wont have a problem selling them on here.

On a selfish note. :D I would be interested in a 12 guage pump, a ruger 10/22, and a Remington 700 20" barrel if you have any of those. Thanks

dg29
05-27-2009, 5:19 PM
This site may be of some value to you: http://www.gunsinternational.com/

tombinghamthegreat
05-27-2009, 5:25 PM
Just a FFL will be needed but if you need help post the list on calguns in the for sale section, they will sell fast. Sorry about your loss.

garandguy10
05-27-2009, 7:09 PM
I am a fully licensed FFL dealer in California, I may be interested in buying some or all of the firearms, send me a private message and I will give you my contact information. I wholesale firearms only,no retail sales...

DTP SALES
01DEALER.

Spyder
05-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear for the loss, of course... One more here for the list of potential buyers, depending on what's there.