PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S. mount on SU-16A

Toolbox X
03-28-2005, 12:55 PM
I am about to buy the A.R.M.S. Throw Lever Ring mount for my new SU-16A to be used with an Aimpoint.

http://www.eguns.com/Aimpoint/Mounts/A_R_M_S__Throw_Lever_Ring/a_r_m_s__ throw_lever_ring.html

Does anyone know if there are any problems with this mount and the SU-16A?

Tool

Toolbox X
03-28-2005, 12:55 PM
I am about to buy the A.R.M.S. Throw Lever Ring mount for my new SU-16A to be used with an Aimpoint.

http://www.eguns.com/Aimpoint/Mounts/A_R_M_S__Throw_Lever_Ring/a_r_m_s__ throw_lever_ring.html

Does anyone know if there are any problems with this mount and the SU-16A?

Tool

maxicon
03-28-2005, 2:50 PM
For that particular mount, it may fit. It'll depend on 2 things.

#1 - It appears it's got a single crossbar that the QR lever attaches to. If so, it'll fit if #2 is OK. If it has an additional recoil stop at the front or back (some A.R.M.S. gear has this), it likely won't fit, as the spacing of the SU16A slots is smaller than the Picatinny spec.

#2 - If the crossbar is small diameter (Weaver style) rather than big (like some Picatinny bars), it'll fit into the slot. If it's less than 0.185 diameter, it'll fit OK.

Best bet is to find someone who's got one (user or vendor) and ask them to measure the crossbar diameter and see if there's more than one crossbar/recoil lug.

As an example, the Eotech fits the SU16, because it's got a single crossbar that's a small-diameter screw.

BigAL
03-28-2005, 3:04 PM
I own a Larue Tactical cantilever Aimpoint mount and it is easily adjustable for non-1913 spec rails. All you have to do is turn a nut with a supplied wrench to make the fit tighter or looser. I can't imagine it not being able to adjust for the SU-16 rail unless it's MAJORLY out of spec.

Toolbox X
03-28-2005, 3:22 PM
Thank you Ted. It sounds like I will be okay with the ARMS mount on the SU-16. I will be sure to post its success or failure once I have done it should anyone else have this question.

I feel better about ordering now.

Tool