PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Hunting

bambihunter
05-27-2009, 8:24 AM
Is there anywhere in CA that is happening for squirrel hunting? I would even be into paying to go onto private property to dispatch a few... I helped out a cattle farmer a few weeks ago on his property, now I'm hooked... Thanks.

Mods I am going to post this in rimfire/centerfire... Please delete is it is an issue. Thanks.

rbetts
05-27-2009, 1:41 PM
Yes, But I am not sure my shooting buddies will want me to divulge their prime spot. Let's just say that Alturas and northeast is the place to be for squirrel shooting ( it ain't hunting 'cause ther is so many to be had)

bambihunter
05-27-2009, 2:45 PM
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Is that a lead free zone up there?

Rick530
05-27-2009, 2:50 PM
my walnut orchards! Cant kill em fast enuff

zrock
05-27-2009, 3:56 PM
Try the area around Lake Shaver, east of fresno.. Big squirrels. Try crows to.

bambihunter
05-27-2009, 4:07 PM

If it is east of the 99 you need non lead ammo which is a pita to find...
Basically you have to stay between the 5 and the 99....

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/condor/docs/Ridley-TreeCondorPreservationAct.pdf

mcat707
05-27-2009, 5:02 PM
Yes, But I am not sure my shooting buddies will want me to divulge their prime spot. Let's just say that Alturas and northeast is the place to be for squirrel shooting ( it ain't hunting 'cause ther is so many to be had)

Hey Robby, you wouldnt be talking about Paul Siegel and his guide services would ya? The reason I ask is that I was planning on going up there last month but my cash funds went to a different direction and I want to know how's the shooting up there?

SimpleCountryActuary
05-27-2009, 7:46 PM

Squirrels and crows constitute the animal Axis of Evil. The crows used to steal my dog's food and the squirrels would taunt her from the cable wires.

Possums are just part of the Axis of Ugly and Stupid.