PDA

View Full Version : Something on my mind?

OliveDrab
05-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Is it possible that the govt will confinscate all ar-15 rifles?

In that case would we be able to give back a stripped lower?

I know this is way into politics and so far against our rights, but so is the patriot act.

Anyone ever thought about this, or am I just paranoid?

Technical Ted
05-26-2009, 11:27 PM
I think you're paranoid.

There have been millions of AR15's sold in the US since the mid-1960's when Colt first started selling them to the general public.

The Federal government can't keep track of a supposed 11 million+ illegal aliens in this country.

Any plan to go door-to-door confiscating firearms would need to be so huge that secrecy would be impossible and once word got out, opposition would be certain.

OliveDrab
05-26-2009, 11:35 PM
That's what I thought. I've been around some liberals lately and they kinda got to me!

If the govt tried taking our firearms it would be the direct reason our founding fathers gave us the right to them.

In both my political science classes I was the only pro gun rights avdocate

God Bless The Mauser
05-26-2009, 11:53 PM
+ 1 Ted

yock
05-26-2009, 11:59 PM
One thing I can tell you is that most of the military men & women are pro gun or wont take guns away from civilians. I have talked to a lot of my coworkers and all but a few agree with me, I am one of those paranoid guys and have talked about this with them, most will rater say no and get in trouble for it than take our right to own a gun from AR's to 10/22's. NO WORRIES!!!

ELEVENTH HOUR
05-27-2009, 12:02 AM
I think you're paranoid.

There have been millions of AR15's sold in the US since the mid-1960's when Colt first started selling them to the general public.

The Federal government can't keep track of a supposed 11 million+ illegal aliens in this country.

Any plan to go door-to-door confiscating firearms would need to be so huge that secrecy would be impossible and once word got out, opposition would be certain.

Well said!:thumbsup:

Texas Boy
05-27-2009, 1:05 AM
Yep, you're paranoid. But that doesn't mean people aren't out to get your guns. ;)

The real danger to your 2A rights, and all personal liberties for that matter, is what I'll call "erosion". Every year more laws are enacted (or at least proposed) that restrict some of our fundamental rights (not just 2A) in the name of a safer society and the common good. If left unchecked this could (after a long time) lead to the complete loss of RKBA and other fundamental human rights.

You are aware of your fundamental rights, and concerned. This is good. Let this be motivation to voice your views, vote, and contact your legislature on pending legislation that limits your rights. The 2A forum is a great place to start learning about what's up - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Don't panic - things are moving our way.....But don't forget...all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

DedEye
05-27-2009, 1:19 AM
The government is coming right now to kick in your door and shoot your dog. I'd tell you to bury your guns in the yard, but it's too late.

In two weeks, it will all be over.

Wild Squid
05-27-2009, 1:20 AM
Well I wouldn't call you paranoid, but there is no way in hell the gov is going to be able to confiscate all the AR15's. Now it may be possible for the government to pass laws that wouldn't allow people to take their rifles outside their homes, but that's not likely either. I say it is possible because it is no secret that Obama wants to do exactly that, and well, where there's a will there's a way. Under the current administration, it's still too early to start relaxing and think the POTUS is not scheming against gun owners behind closed doors. Due to all the idiotic and ignorant minority voters who voted for him based on his skin color rather than his political ideals, it is looking like he'll be voted in for a 2nd term, giving him a full 8 years to run the country exactly how thugs and violent criminals would want him to....limiting gun ownership rights of the general population. So, buy your AR now, parts are slowly stocking up, join the frenzy.

Curtis
05-27-2009, 1:23 AM
I am active in protecting the 2A because I do not trust that the government won't try to take away my rights.

However, I don't have any worries that the government could use their information to track down guns. When I went to retrieve 14 of my guns being held by the local SD, the property clerk was so frustrated she yelled, "WERE DID YOU GET THESE GUNS AND WHY AREN’T THEY REGISTERED TO YOU?” Almost half were purchased within 24 to 36 months. Nothing in their system came close to showing my information or even the information of the store I purchased the guns from. The only guns in the system were the 4 I had to list on the LEGR required to get them back.

I am confident in the government's incompetence.

dchang0
05-27-2009, 1:41 AM
there is no way in hell the gov is going to be able to confiscate all the AR15's.

No, but in other pansy countries, the governments were able to get the populace to willingly give up and REGISTER and then later TURN IN their own guns, little by little, starting with certain models and types of guns, then expanding it to include more.

Technical Ted
05-27-2009, 1:58 AM
Due to all the idiotic and ignorant minority voters who voted for him based on his skin color rather than his political ideals, it is looking like he'll be voted in for a 2nd term, giving him a full 8 years to run the country exactly how thugs and violent criminals would want him to....
Looks to me like you have a problem with minorities of a different color.

If not, then why bring it up?

BunnySlayer
05-27-2009, 2:11 AM
Don't worry too much. If the government can't find a 6 ft 5 in Arab on dialysis what makes anyone think they can find our guns? Hell they're still looking for Hoffa!

X-NewYawker
05-27-2009, 2:16 AM
Worry.
They can tell you you can have it but it can't leave your house.
They can tell you you can have it but it has to be kept in a locker at the range

Our new Supreme Court Justice ruld States could ban guns AFER Heller went through.
Laugh about Government incompetence, but they merely have to ban AMMO, or make it literally impossible to get an FFL (There used to be DOZENS of stores in LA when I moved here) and it all goes away

gcvt
05-27-2009, 2:38 AM
No, but in other pansy countries, the governments were able to get the populace to willingly give up and REGISTER and then later TURN IN their own guns, little by little, starting with certain models and types of guns, then expanding it to include more.

Uh oh, did something happen in England, Australia and Canada when no one was looking? :p

Wild Squid
05-27-2009, 3:07 AM
Looks to me like you have a problem with minorities of a different color.

If not, then why bring it up?

Please don't twist my words around. I have a problem with the minorities that voted for BHO only for his skin color, not his political ideals. That is what I said and that is what I meant, there is no other interpretation for that. And for the record I am a person of color and a minority myself.

Technical Ted
05-27-2009, 3:15 AM
Please don't twist my words around. I have a problem with the minorities that voted for BHO only for his skin color, not his political ideals. That is what I said and that is what I meant, there is no other interpretation for that. And for the record I am a person of color and a minority myself.
I'm an individual of color and minority myself, but until you brought it up in this thread, neither was an issue.

Quiet
05-27-2009, 4:54 AM
History lesson...
04-19-1775, Americans went to war when government forces came to confiscate arms from them.

B Strong
05-27-2009, 5:24 AM
Is it possible that the govt will confinscate all ar-15 rifles?

In that case would we be able to give back a stripped lower?

I know this is way into politics and so far against our rights, but so is the patriot act.

Anyone ever thought about this, or am I just paranoid?

Post Heller, post Nordyke wholesale gun bans aren't going to fly.

aplinker
05-27-2009, 7:20 AM
Post Heller, post Nordyke wholesale gun bans aren't going to fly.

Until another SCOTUS justice kicks it ;)

yock
05-27-2009, 11:48 AM
History lesson...
04-19-1775, Americans went to war when government forces came to confiscate arms from them.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Pilot
05-27-2009, 12:22 PM
History lesson...
04-19-1775, Americans went to war when government forces came to confiscate arms from them.i dont think itd get to the point to where we'd need to start pulling triggers and its a slightly difference situation than that.

MasterYong
05-27-2009, 2:08 PM
I'm an individual of color and minority myself, but until you brought it up in this thread, neither was an issue.

I am also a minority. I'm white and I live in CA. Boo-hoo.

On topic: protect the 2nd Amendment, and the rest will follow...

05-27-2009, 4:07 PM
Anything is possible, but I think you are being a bit paranoid.