PDA

View Full Version : Chief Law enforcement officer for Santa Clara County

CowtownBallin
04-20-2005, 12:12 PM
My dad's filling out an application for a C&R licence, and he needs to send a copy to the chief law enforcement officer of Santa Clara County. I've been up and down the SCC.org website and can't find it. Little help?

CowtownBallin
04-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Never mind. Found it. Sorry for wasting bandwidth http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

In case anyone else needs it

http://www.sccgov.org/site/0,4760,sid=12655,00.html

Blue
04-20-2005, 8:15 PM
When I mailed mine in I said somethin like "Gettin my C&R license, have a great day." I don't think it really matters what you say you just gotta mail him notification.

imported_Telpierion
04-26-2005, 5:41 AM
Originally posted by Blue84s10:
When I mailed mine in I said somethin like "Gettin my C&R license, have a great day." I don't think it really matters what you say you just gotta mail him notification.

I believe you are supposed to send your CLEO a copy of your application.

jnojr
04-26-2005, 4:13 PM
When I got my C&R, I called SDPD to ask how to address the envelope. They said to mail it to the attention of the "Gun Desk".

stator
05-13-2005, 6:26 AM
Sheriff Laurie Smith is a registered Republican, btw. She routinely asks me for contributions. I've not responded as I don't understand her CCW policy. I did briefly attend her rally at a local park near Camden and Bret Harte once. I think this was her second term election.

I sent my C&R to the Chief of Poolice of San Jose, and used the address of where his office is located. Internal mail sorting is their problem, not mine.

Turbinator
05-13-2005, 7:23 AM
I got the impression that Smith was not really pro-gun. I don't recall how I got that idea, so please take this report with a grain of salt before you draw your own conclusions.

Turby

RobsterCraw
05-13-2005, 9:20 AM
I just realized that I used to know the sheriff's daughter. Thats odd.

stator
05-13-2005, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by Turbinator:
I got the impression that Smith was not really pro-gun. I don't recall how I got that idea, so please take this report with a grain of salt before you draw your own conclusions.

Turby

That is my impression as well and is the reason why she's not received a dime from me. I believe that is Jim March's take on her as well based upon his postings about SCC CCW.

Laurie Smith, if you are listening, I'd contribute big if you adopt a reasonable CCW policy.

Turbinator
05-13-2005, 8:24 PM
Originally posted by RobsterCraw:
I just realized that I used to know the sheriff's daughter. Thats odd.

Nice. So was she hot? The daughter, that is.

Turby