PDA

View Full Version : loaded open carry.

mark77418
05-26-2009, 1:21 PM
I've been seeing a lot of posts on unloaded open carry but I was wondering if it is ever okay to open carry a loaded weapon. I have been carrying my handgun loaded in a holster on my side when I go hiking in the mountains because I read you can carry a loaded weapon in unincorporated areas. I have never had any problems but I am wondering if this is something that could cause me any legal problems.

Turo
05-26-2009, 1:23 PM
I believe the idea is, "If you can legally shoot there, then you can legally carry a loaded gun." please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

because otherwise, nobody'd be able to shoot anywhere if it was illegal to carry a loaded firearm.

But the thing with UOC is that it's legal to do anywhere a firearm isn't prohibited. Like the streets.

pullnshoot25
05-26-2009, 1:30 PM
Californiaopencarry.org has all the answers. If still confused, ask and I will amend your knowledge.

Theseus
05-26-2009, 1:34 PM
"I am the great cornholio! I need some HP for my barrel hole!"

Haha.

Although Calguns is normally a good source of information in many cases, open carry is not it. I believe it would be better to get the information from the site pullnshoot25 pointed out or go to opencarry.org

They are focused on OC and therefore know the rules a might better and you can avoid the "don't OC you stupid bastard!" that comes with asking on this site.

MudCamper
05-26-2009, 1:38 PM
http://www.californiaopencarry.org/

Firearms in Forests and Parks (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186457)

swhatb
05-26-2009, 3:41 PM
Thanks...

N6ATF
05-26-2009, 4:06 PM
Although Calguns is normally a good source of information in many cases, open carry is not it. I believe it would be better to get the information from the site pullnshoot25 pointed out or go to opencarry.org

They are focused on OC and therefore know the rules a might better and you can avoid the "don't OC you stupid bastard!" that comes with asking on this site.

+infinity

CitaDeL
05-26-2009, 8:33 PM
(G)o to opencarry.org

Plus One