PDA

View Full Version : Being all operatered out at the range

Cal-Irish
05-26-2009, 11:13 AM
So what do you think when you see someone in goggles, gloves and combat attire at the range?

sierrawoodsman
05-26-2009, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't do it but if they want to it's their call... No matter how stupid they look.

Black Majik
"kind of".

I vote for just plain dumb. It's not "a little" dumb, or "sort of" dumb. It is dumb.

DirtRacer151
Why are you hating on me? Lol jk take pics of him next time and post here for our enjoyment :)

PatriotnMore
05-26-2009, 11:21 AM
If the range time is for bench rest shooting, or non tactical training, other than goggles/glasses and gloves, someone likes to play commando.

If the range used, is for practicing tactical training, it only makes sense to wear what you will want on you in that situation.

Ishoot
05-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Why care at all what other guys dress up as?? I personally feel that it looks silly but I'm not paying for it so I don't mind. I try and only look at the hot ladies at the range. :)

evidens83
05-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Why care at all what other guys dress up as?? I personally feel that it looks silly but I'm not paying for it so I don't mind. I try and only look at the hot ladies at the range. :)

Me too :D

Bruce3
05-26-2009, 11:47 AM
its cool if they really are operators but kind of lame if they're not. (takes aviator gloves off) :D

626Tony
05-26-2009, 11:50 AM
its cool if they really are operators but kind of lame if they're not. (takes aviator gloves off) :D

and the ray ban avaitor sunglasses too :eek:

Glin1216
05-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Not all of us sit down on a bench and firing line and see how small of a group we can shoot.

In certain circles: If you came out to shoot wearing flip-flops with your magazines in your pockets, you would get laughed at.

I don't wear Goggles, but my gloves keep my hands safe from the heat generated after high-volume fire. I've had my left index finger severely burned when I brushed it up against the gas block on my weapon by mistake, I'll never do that again.

My chest-rig places my magazines in the optimal position for quick retrieval and retention when I am running.

My boots provide ankle-support while moving across un-even terrain

I wear a set of Woolrich pants because they have built-in kneepads, which helps when you are diving into the urban prone on a rock-filled range.

Train how you fight.

gn3hz3ku1*
05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
:( i just bought some sapi plates.... never really planed to use them anywhere though.. just for shtf which will prob never happen either... but yea tactical at the range=gay

gn3hz3ku1*
05-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Not all of us sit down on a bench and firing line and see how small of a group we can shoot.

In certain circles: If you came out to shoot wearing flip-flops with your magazines in your pockets, you would get laughed at.

I don't wear Goggles, but my gloves keep my hands safe from the heat generated after high-volume fire. I've had my left index finger severely burned when I brushed it up against the gas block on my weapon by mistake, I'll never do that again.

My chest-rig places my magazines in the optimal position for quick retrieval and retention when I am running.

I wear a set of Woolrich pants because they have built-in kneepads, which helps when you are diving into the urban prone on a rock-filled range.

Train how you fight.

99 percent of us dont fight. 95 percent of us shots off a bench...

J_Rock
05-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Depends on how they were shooting. If they were practicing drills or something they learned in a class, trying to build training SCARS then no. If they are just shooting at the bench then yes laugh away.

Aftermath686
05-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Even though I do train how I fight as Glin stated. (we train together)

If I didn't have to actually apply the material covered, I would still like to be tacitly proficient should the un-likely event occur where I would need it.

Rather have that tool in the tool box. Same reason I always have at-least a knife on me where ever I am. I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Just my .02

r08ert209cali
05-26-2009, 11:58 AM
no poll for another one of these range atire threads?

hkusp9c
05-26-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't really care what others wear as long as they don't smell bad:D

CHS
05-26-2009, 12:04 PM
I think it depends.

Is this someone who's actually training themselves or getting training? If they are seriously running drills and practicing, well then it's practical and probably smart to wear what you might be wearing in a true "tactical" situation.

If they're just plinking then they are retarded tacticool gear whores.

ocabj
05-26-2009, 12:06 PM
There's a guy that shows up at my local range wearing one of those 'tactical' vests and shoots from the bench all day.

Vtec44
05-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't care either way. I'm too busy putting on my own tacticool gear. :D

glock_this
05-26-2009, 12:08 PM
man, I was thinking bout getting one of those vests.. Leapers makes a nice affordable one. so would you clown me if I rolled up with one on?

hkusp9c
05-26-2009, 12:10 PM
But I am seriously considering bullet proof vests for range uses after some guy at a local range ND'd a 12 gauge.

dchang0
05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
I've seen guys who are obvious wannabes that just look lame all tac'd out, but then I've seen guys in full kit that were clearly top-notch operators, so it really comes down to their actual skill level and not how they look.

God Bless The Mauser
05-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I have tactical gear but I don't wear it very often, usually if i wear any it's just my vest because it's convenient for holding mags and stuff.

hybridatsun350
05-26-2009, 12:20 PM
People have the right to dress however they want, but I also reserve the right to laugh at them! :D

Spearo
05-26-2009, 12:30 PM
If someone wants to spend money on that stuff and sport it, more power to them.

I personally wear sunglasses (outdoor) and my blackhawk kevlar gloves.
Hate it when my hands sweat and ruin my grip. Also don't have to worry about burning my hands, although I usually don't.

Apollo
05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I wear sunglasses and gloves, but that's about it.

Stanze
05-26-2009, 12:37 PM
I'd wear a ghillie suit to the range if I had one.:thumbsup:

http://www.rockywebdesign.com.au/images/ReadytoWearGhillieSuit.jpg

qbi2001
05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
People have the right to dress however they want, but I also reserve the right to laugh at them! :D

+1
You can look as dumb as you want, and I can laugh at you for it

Josh3239
05-26-2009, 12:46 PM
There are people how show up to ranges (or anywhere for that matter) covered in tattoos (perhaps gang related), piercings, sagging their pants, wearing that weird gothic stuff, sporting weird haircuts like mohawks and more important of all, using unsafe gun handling and you people are worried about a guy with camo on. :confused: :banghead:

r08ert209cali
05-26-2009, 12:53 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/cqbdoc10/SOCOMkids.jpg

Ruiner
05-26-2009, 12:54 PM

:rofl2:

JohnBrian
05-26-2009, 12:56 PM
So what do you think when you see someone in goggles, gloves and combat attire at the range?
1) Mall Ninja :ninja:

2) Wannabe :stupid:

3) Show-off SWAT team member :2guns: (local PD & SO have their own ranges for practice)

Black Majik

:rofl:!

Ruiner
There are people how show up to ranges (or anywhere for that matter) covered in tattoos (perhaps gang related), piercings, sagging their pants, wearing that weird gothic stuff, sporting weird haircuts like mohawks and more important of all, using unsafe gun handling and you people are worried about a guy with camo on. :confused: :banghead:

Not the guy with camo on, the guy who shows up at the range looking like solid snake and sits his butt down and shoots from the bench all day.

paintballergb
05-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I would not wear stuff like that but who am I to judge them if that is how they want to spend their free time. As long as they are doing everything safely.

///D
05-26-2009, 12:59 PM
You don't have "hilarious" as an option. I don't think it's cool or worth name calling....but I'd definitely laugh to myself.

JohnBrian
05-26-2009, 1:00 PM
I try and only look at the hot ladies at the range. :)
The only "hot ladies" I've seen at my local range (5 Dogs near Bakersfield) are fat & sweaty.

PatriotnMore
05-26-2009, 1:05 PM

The guy obviously has a low blood sugar, and under active thyroid, comfort food, and daddy issues. Lets not judge. :43:.

I am suddenly craving a cardio workout.

JohnBrian
05-26-2009, 1:08 PM
Not worried about the tac'd out "normal" looking guy but I will snicker.

The other people are a different matter . . . those i DO worry about. I'll take a break & have a soda & watch them.

hawk81
05-26-2009, 1:12 PM
More power to them, as long as they aren't shooting at me.

nick
05-26-2009, 1:28 PM

I can lend you one just to see you do it :)

Stanze
05-26-2009, 1:33 PM
I can lend you one just to see you do it :)

At the range, I've worn body armor over my T-Shirt, worn a shemagh and I currently rock a purple streak in my hair at the last two range trips. I have the cajones to roll with the ghille suit.;)

I'd rather wear my own though, I have this thing about wearing other people's clothing. I can barely sit in someone else's office chair after they've been farting on it over the years.:TFH:

nick
05-26-2009, 1:50 PM
At the range, I've worn body armor over my T-Shirt, worn a shemagh and I currently rock a purple streak in my hair at the last two range trips. I have the cajones to roll with the ghille suit.;)

I'd rather wear my own though, I have this thing about wearing other people's clothing. I can barely sit in someone else's office chair after they've been farting on it over the years.:TFH:

Mine's brand new, never used. It's one of those things people buy for no other reason than just to have it. Unless, of course, I'm called upon to lose a few pounds and save the world :)

Well, I'm planning to use it to scare my nieces one day though.

Joe in Dublin
05-26-2009, 1:54 PM
if u really want to learn to shoot u may want to try gloves or shooting off hand. i think the bench rest is a waste of time after u sight in. I shoot prone, seated, kneeling, off hand.

Ruiner
05-26-2009, 2:12 PM
if u really want to learn to shoot u may want to try gloves or shooting off hand. i think the bench rest is a waste of time after u sight in. I shoot prone, seated, kneeling, off hand.

X2 :thumbsup:

Gryff
05-26-2009, 2:28 PM
Everyone has a right to go poser. And the extension of that is everyone has a right snicker at the poser.

I had range duty on a pistol range a few months back. A 65-year-old+ guy shows up head-to-toe in tacticool black, including boonie hat and pants bloused into his boots. Full chest rig with 4-6 AR mags and a thigh-rig pistol holster.

Hard not to laugh since A) he was only shooting a pistol that day, and B) his hits on target looked more like shotgun than sub-15-yard pistol fire. No AR to be seen. Now THAT was entertainment.

If you wear it because it helps with the type of shooting you're doing, then smart choice. If you wear it because you want to broadcast a "look," then thanks for the chuckle.

JerryM
05-26-2009, 2:34 PM
I am amazed.

I know we are all entitled to our own opinion...

My opinion is that if you enjoy it and it does not infringe upon anybodies liberties, then do it.

We go to the range to enjoy ourselves, improve our marksmanship and exercise our constitutional right.

So what if a dude or gal wants to use a helmet, body armor, or wear some cammies. They are having fun. Or they are training as they will fight. Or is an extension of their hobby and they take it that extra step.

What are people supposed to wear whey they go shooting? At the very minimum, and as required by all reputable ranges:

Ballistic Eye Protection
Adequate Ear Protection

So knee pads, combat uniforms, helmets, flashlights, foregrips, and all that "Mall Ninja" stuff is irrelevant.

The measure is at the other side of the rifle, the target itself.

If you are consistently hitting what you intend to hit, then good for you.

All other crap is aesthetics and either aids or detracts from your particular style of shooting.

Some people do LARPs, some people do re-enactments, some people go super dooper airsoft tacticool, some people wear cowboy hats and ride humongous trucks, some people just wear what is comfortable, some people want to commemorate their time in service, etc.

You know what they all have in common? They are enjoying their freedoms happily and without bothering anybody.

So go ahead, laugh at them, feel better and more cool than them, but you are nothing but a clique member who just enjoys life at the expense of others. Like jocks against nerds, populars against rebels, you are just reliving your high school fantasy like Al Bundy.

Cheers!!!!

Jerry.

P.S.: this is not directed at Gryff. Just weird timing I guess.

bridgeport
05-26-2009, 2:56 PM
Seeing as that now we have combat troopers in the Stans fighting in red boxer shorts, me thinks this expands widely on what might be considered
"Tactical attire".... at least in the real world. I myself prefer the stealthiness
of civies whilst practicing my martial arms skills at the shooting bench.
It is my strong opinion though that the shooting sports are best undertaken
whilst dressed, rather than the alternative.... enough said.

CA357
05-26-2009, 3:03 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee215/CA357/dont_worry_sir_i_m_from_the_interne.jpg

Gryff
05-26-2009, 3:04 PM

:D

No offense taken. You are right...everyone has a right to do what they want if it doesn't affect other people. And they really shouldn't be mocked for it.

In my posting, I should have clarified that I didn't run around pointing the guy out to my buddies and laughing at him. But we all do have the right to role our eyes and laugh a little inside when we see other grownups play pretend.

Maddog5150
05-26-2009, 3:09 PM

Train how you fight.

+1,000,000
LOL. That being said, do you regularly fight? 99% of the people here would be in the "fight" when someone kicks in their door. Are you going to ask the bad guy, "hold on, i need to get my tacticool pants, 5.11 socks, tacticool boots, and chest rig on real quick!"
That being said, I would laugh less at someone showing up in flip flops, PJs, a mag sticking out of the elastic of their underwear and groggy than someone all mall ninja'd out :p

andrewj
05-26-2009, 3:19 PM
But I am seriously considering bullet proof vests for range uses after some guy at a local range ND'd a 12 gauge.

I dont see anything wrong with people wearing plates.

bill104
05-26-2009, 3:25 PM
I am amazed.

My opinion is that if you enjoy it and it does not infringe upon anybodies liberties, then do it.

We go to the range to enjoy ourselves, improve our marksmanship and exercise our constitutional right.

So what if a dude or gal wants to use a helmet, body armor, or wear some cammies. They are having fun. Or they are training as they will fight. Or is an extension of their hobby and they take it that extra step.

What are people supposed to wear whey they go shooting? At the very minimum, and as required by all reputable ranges:

Ballistic Eye Protection
Adequate Ear Protection

So knee pads, combat uniforms, helmets, flashlights, foregrips, and all that "Mall Ninja" stuff is irrelevant.

All other crap is aesthetics and either aids or detracts from your particular style of shooting.

Some people do LARPs, some people do re-enactments, some people go super dooper airsoft tacticool, some people wear cowboy hats and ride humongous trucks, some people just wear what is comfortable, some people want to commemorate their time in service, etc.

You know what they all have in common? They are enjoying their freedoms happily and without bothering anybody.

So go ahead, laugh at them, feel better and more cool than them, but you are nothing but a clique member who just enjoys life at the expense of others. Like jocks against nerds, populars against rebels, you are just reliving your high school fantasy like Al Bundy.

Cheers!!!!

Jerry.

Agreed 100%, besides did you ever stop to think maybe the guy/gal just bought there outfit and was just trying to get a feel for it, (IE break it in) I know when I get a new pair of shoes I tend to wear them around home or on short trips before I wear them at work or on a hike.

BONECUTTER
05-26-2009, 3:30 PM
Train how you fight.

....or how you might fight.

I would venture to guess many on here are like me with all the uber cool zombie defense SHTF mall ninja gear. I learned when I took my first tactical training class that most of my gear was set up so wrong. If I had tried to bust it out in one of those TEOTWAWKI situations it could of done more harm than good. Best to try everything out fully first.

That doesn't mean to rock a full body armor go rig on a bench or in a pistol stall but in the desert/BLM/private bay of course its a good idea. If you have the gear at home you are not doing yourself any favors by not training with it on. Who cares what people think of you.

Train. Train. Train. I still run into shooters on a regular basis who don't know how to clear malfunctions with any degree of urgency.

Gryff
05-26-2009, 3:30 PM

Just ask Bill at Bullseye. He took a round in the stomach last year when he was walking behind shooters on the line. Somebody dropped their .22 and tried to catch it in the air...

odysseus
05-26-2009, 3:35 PM
Well said. What you are saying though comes from a maturity level that is not always prevalent unfortunately. In fact I think many are forgetting about the points you are bringing up, or simply just aren't secure in letting other people just be themselves.

Although I admit to sometimes cringe if I see the uber-tactical guy, but I squelch that and don't judge by looks. All kinds of people in the shooting sports. I am sure some people here would laugh at the cowboy SASS types, but that too would be wrong and misunderstanding. Heck I might be wearing some comfortable BDU pants myself, something that is rugged and comfortable.

I am amazed.

Ballistic Eye Protection
Adequate Ear Protection

Cheers!!!!

Jerry.

radioburning
05-26-2009, 3:39 PM
It's a little corny to me.

M1A Rifleman
05-26-2009, 3:41 PM
Cool, train as you fight. I often fix bayonets and charge the backyard shrubs just to keep sharp.

God Bless The Mauser
05-26-2009, 3:50 PM
I think the people that train with their tactical gear will do better in SHTF than the people that laughed at them for doing it.

FullMetalJacket
05-26-2009, 3:52 PM
I definitely come down in the "whatever-floats-your-boat" category.

I will say this: while there's a part of me that wants to point and yell "Poser!", a few people take it seriously enough that they might be quite formidable in a real situation. People who take things seriously should often be taken seriously.

That's not to say they're going to outclass Delta or HRT or even your local professional SWAT team, but someone with a little training, ambition, and decent equipment will always be superior to someone with NONE of these things...

paintballergb
05-26-2009, 3:54 PM

Me neither. As a matter of fact, if I owned body armor I would certainly wear it out at the range. There have been plenty of times where I wish I had some.

cmace22
05-26-2009, 4:05 PM
Training in your gear to learn your gear is one thing. Wearing all the cool stuff you see on the internet to the range for some paper punching is not only the funniest thing to watch someone do but should also warrent a B@#ch slap from your so called friends.

CSACANNONEER
05-26-2009, 4:10 PM
You forgot the "They scare me" option. Yea, some guys might be training for a real reason but, most of them scare the hell out of me because they really don't know how to shoot! There are those that think they can shot as long as they wear the "right" tacticools stuff but, the same guys usually don't even know how to safely handle a firearm let alone profiecently shoot one.

thefurball
05-26-2009, 4:18 PM

I am far more impressed with a fellow in a t-shirt, crappy jeans and old tennis shoes that puts them all in the 10 ring at 100 yards than the fellow with the mall ninja/tacti cool gear that can empty a mag in under 2 seconds and hit damned near nothing.

Eye protection and ear protection are required. Other than that, wear what you want.

If I think you look silly, at least I am polite enough to keep it to myself. :rolleyes:

fliparch
05-26-2009, 4:19 PM
Hmmm? I'm gonna have to pay a little more attention to what people are wearing at the range and what I'm wearing. I didn't know there are fashion police out there.

Ian
05-26-2009, 4:23 PM
lol I don't mind what people wear at the range. all I care about is them not pointing the gun at me. I don't train to fight or anything, I'm just a recreational shooter. I roll in t-shirt, jeans and sandals mostly. If I happen to be shooting trap, I rock one of those lame looking sidebags that perfectly fits a box of 50shotshells on the side for easy reloading. that and eye/ear protection thats all.

RickD6023
05-26-2009, 4:47 PM
At least someone dressed up like a mall ninja gives me someone to keep an eye on.

low94noma
05-26-2009, 4:48 PM
I can care less what people wear at the range, or even their appearance. I CARE if that person is demonstrating safe firearms handling. For me, I will be wearing regular clothes, ear and eye protection, gloves, and shooting my AR with a one point sling when my build is done. Not just from bench, but also prone, kneeling, and standing. Gloves are a must as I have found myself with either severely chafed palms, sweaty palms screwing up my grip, or getting burned by hot parts.

Sam .223
05-26-2009, 5:02 PM

its not my cup of tea but if someone wants to do that its their right.

BigBamBoo
05-26-2009, 5:07 PM
LOL....there is a guy here in town (hope he is not a member here) who shoots at the BLM range where I go. And if anyone else here in town spends any amount of time out there...they will know who I am talking about.

He is about 5'2"....late 40's early 50's....heavy....wears tac gear....and Vietnam era cover with full bird colonel insignia.

As soon as you pull up he will rush over and inspect your guns...and then tell you why it is crap and what he has is so much better....after that he proceeds to tell you about his adventure as a Air Cav pilot in 'Nam...ok...in case you missed the first part of my post...his AGE...re-read.

So...yeah...I pretty much turn around and go elsewhere when I see people tacti-kooled out at the range.

Me...I wear what I happen to have on....here is my typical range attire. Heck...even when I am hunting yotes I am not even geared up...ok...except for my lucky boonies hat!

Peace,Stan

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4285/shooting092large.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shooting092large.jpg)

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5177/shooting278large.jpg (http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shooting278large.jpg)

grammaton76
05-26-2009, 5:09 PM
I go to the range in tacti-cool body armor. I tend to look like this while I'm wearing it:

http://cheapspeech.com/Pics/Me/2004/Oct_18//s_Armor_After.jpg

No law against concealed body armor... :)

BigBamBoo
05-26-2009, 5:11 PM

grammaton76
05-26-2009, 5:14 PM
That my friend is a HECK of a porn collection you have going on there!! LOL...j/k.

*grin* No porn in the collection, but there was practically some in front of it once. Let's just say a friend's hot Russian wife was looking through the list and trying to insist that I should have some porn in the mix. In the meantime, my buddy swears that she was an exhibitionist or something, given her choice of how to stretch while looking through the DVDs...

No one's quite figured her out just yet.

Axewound
05-26-2009, 5:24 PM
i dunno im in the middle, but mostly i dont care

if you know how to set up a rig then go for it

nothing wrong with keeping it simple

ive been guilty of wearing my 5.11 pants and a belt with AR mag carriers but thats as bad as it gets

nick
05-26-2009, 5:37 PM
+1,000,000
LOL. That being said, do you regularly fight? 99% of the people here would be in the "fight" when someone kicks in their door. Are you going to ask the bad guy, "hold on, i need to get my tacticool pants, 5.11 socks, tacticool boots, and chest rig on real quick!"
That being said, I would laugh less at someone showing up in flip flops, PJs, a mag sticking out of the elastic of their underwear and groggy than someone all mall ninja'd out :p

Noob! I sleep in my tacticool pants, 5.11 socks, tacticool boots, and chest rig (with all the required gear in it)! That way I'm always prepared, and it makes my body stronger. The only downside is having those now permanent imprints on my skin (damn AR mags), but they just show that I'm a warrior! :thumbsup:

swerv512
05-26-2009, 5:42 PM

amen...

DREADNOUGHT78
05-26-2009, 5:49 PM

I wear a ghillie suit to the range but you just don't know it cuz you can't see me!

joelogic
05-26-2009, 5:51 PM
I never understood why this always comes up. Who cares what people wear? But if you do, its just as dumb as a low quality m4forgery with airsoft crap stuck to it. I dont hear anyone bad mouthing overkill guns.

Maddog5150
05-26-2009, 5:53 PM
Noob! I sleep in my tacticool pants, 5.11 socks, tacticool boots, and chest rig (with all the required gear in it)! That way I'm always prepared, and it makes my body stronger. The only downside is having those now permanent imprints on my skin (damn AR mags), but they just show that I'm a warrior! :thumbsup:

I'm sure you shower in them also! :p

Ruiner
05-26-2009, 6:03 PM
I where a ghillie suit to the range but you just don't know it cuz you can't see me!

:thumbsup::rofl2:

glockwise2000
05-26-2009, 6:06 PM
I could care less as long as they won't be in my face.

gwl
05-26-2009, 6:15 PM
Whatever floats their boat.

Maddog5150
05-26-2009, 6:15 PM
I where a ghillie suit to the range but you just don't know it cuz you can't see me!

That would suck if you got caught down range changing a target though, "Hey dood, lets shoot the leaves off that bush with the shottie yo."
"yeah, I'm just going to shoot it with slugs"

unusedusername
05-26-2009, 6:20 PM

Where is your ghillie suit? lol

Ishoot
05-26-2009, 6:21 PM
Cool, train as you fight. I often fix bayonets and charge the backyard shrubs just to keep sharp.

Damn that made me chuckle...:rofl2:

nick
05-26-2009, 6:45 PM
I'm sure you shower in them also! :p

Way ahead of you. I wear a raincoat, of course, so that the water doesn't ruin the polish.

KAVEMAN762
05-26-2009, 6:59 PM
I dont really care for them. I usually wear dickies and a plain tee. If its hot I just throw on my camo bdu pants that I cut off to shorts, with a plain tee and some flip flops with socks on.

aplinker
05-26-2009, 7:27 PM
I wear body armor and "I<3NY" pink boxers. I train as I fight.

tankerman
05-26-2009, 7:35 PM

Train how you fight.

99 percent of us dont fight. 95 percent of us shots off a bench...And even less of us "dive in to urban prone position" at the range.

I certainly don't care if "in certain circles" someone laughs at me when I'm wearing flip-flops and shorts at the range.

My chest rig provides an optimal location for quick cheesburger spill retrevial.

My flip-flops protect my feet while crossing hot sand.

glock_this
05-26-2009, 7:38 PM
man.. this thread is worth a few dozen laughs

"I where a ghillie suit to the range but you just don't know it cuz you can't see me!"

that is just one of the better ones

I can more relate this thread to racing bikes or duathlon or triathlon where all these cats show up with all the matching kit: bike, glasses, shoes, helmet, jersey, shorts, pre race and post race clothing.. and I still kick the :cuss: out of them

HK Dave
05-26-2009, 7:57 PM
If they're 12 years old it's cute... an adult doing it... oh man........

05-26-2009, 8:20 PM
If people are out shooting safely, I don't care what they wear. They do not owe me or any one else any explanation as to why they are wearing what they are, I am just glad to see people out enjoying the sport.

CSACANNONEER
05-26-2009, 8:38 PM

Now I know why that bush, at the end of the firingline, that I relieved myself on seemed to be moving away from me.

cmace22
05-26-2009, 9:13 PM
Does it really serve a pupose? Not sure how your ranges work things but there isnt any tactical reloading or mag dumps going on at my range.

I get one round a second and they dont provide enough room to much other than stand or sit.

Do you have a need to break up your outline in the cami's? i mean its not like the chipmunk on the hill is doing recon on your position, right.

If you need the pocket space of the BDU's, get a range bad.....

The last thing I want is to accidentally shoot someone down range because the range master and all the shooters failed to see the guy belly crawling in his Ghillie suit to his 200 meter target!

TylerScott
05-26-2009, 9:17 PM
I say do what you want. I usually dont laugh or make fun of people that are carying guns.

DREADNOUGHT78
05-26-2009, 9:19 PM
Come on everyone wears a uniform!It is some kind of unwritten code!It is a way for the world to see what your about and identifly you think about it.How do you dress? Do you dress like everyone else you hang around? Do you wear a uniform to let the world know your a Magpul toteing Uni-sling drop down leg holster Tactical pant LaRue kaki hat peltor sporting Amber lens Oakley style Nomex flight glove kinda guy????

Think about it you where a uniform whether you know it or not.Are you into MMA (Affliction,Tapout)What about Motocross(Metal Mullisha,Skin Ind.)?Do you ride a street bike and constantly go to the Bike shop and buy every new Alpinestars and Fox shirt you can get?It has come down to a simple fact we are all predictable.I mean when you see a lady driving a Suburu Outback wearing an orange safety vest and a pair of All-terrain Nikes with her Lab in the back what do you think? What about the guy at the bar with the porkchop side burns and the Dickies workshirt and the big cuffs on his pants. Yeah my bet is he is the one with the Black primer pile in the parking lot with the red wheels and 4 inch whitewalls on it.What is your uniform????

JerryM
05-26-2009, 9:24 PM
^^^

LOL, you nailed it.

I am a Casual Tactical kind of guy myself.

Hat with US Flag on it.... check.
Tad Gear Jacket with some Morale Patch on it..... check.
5.11 Pants of every color.... check.
Merrel Hicking shoes/boots.... check.
Oakley glasses.... check.
Suunto watch.... check.
Overweight?.... check.

You made me laugh.

Timberwolf
05-26-2009, 9:28 PM
There should be one for point and laugh . . . my fellow RO and I make a point of looking at the targets of he tacticools when they come in and then laughing and the "groups" - especially the ones with "sniper rifles" that put their targets at 50 yards and brag about their being able to keep all shots in the 9 ring on an SR-1 target.

For the record though I wear 5.11 pants or shorts at work because they're comfortable and almost indestructable compared to jeans; I wear Converse boots because at the end of the day my feet thank me for it; and I wear a 5.11 hat becasue I got 'em free from LAPG.

DREADNOUGHT78
05-26-2009, 9:28 PM
^^^

LOL, you nailed it.

I am a Casual Tactical kind of guy myself.

Hat with US Flag on it.... check.
Tad Gear Jacket with some Morale Patch on it..... check.
5.11 Pants of every color.... check.
Merrel Hicking shoes/boots.... check.
Oakley glasses.... check.
Suunto watch.... check.
Overweight?.... check.

You made me laugh.

I only said it because I am guilty as well I have a Kaki Bravo Co. hat that I got from Jarad and the amber lens glasses I got from Rob And the flight gloves I got from my Dad! BUt I wear a chrome plated banana hammock instead of pants to the range!

Two Shots
05-26-2009, 9:41 PM
As long as no shooter shows up naked, I could care less what he's wearing.

k3nnex
05-26-2009, 9:48 PM
I like to wear a suit like James Bond

God Bless The Mauser
05-26-2009, 9:53 PM

That's tactical for a tropical environment.

Stanze
05-26-2009, 9:57 PM

What if he's JUST wearing buttless chaps?:D

DREADNOUGHT78
05-26-2009, 9:59 PM
I only said it because I am guilty as well I have a Kaki Bravo Co. hat that I got from Jarad and the amber lens glasses I got from Rob And the flight gloves I got from my Dad! But I wear a chrome plated banana hammock instead of pants to the range!:eek:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/detailed_inc/2002_super_troopers_006.jpg

Maddog5150
05-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Come on everyone wears a uniform!It is some kind of unwritten code!It is a way for the world to see what your about and identifly you think about it.How do you dress? Do you dress like everyone else you hang around? Do you wear a uniform to let the world know your a Magpul toteing Uni-sling drop down leg holster Tactical pant LaRue kaki hat peltor sporting Amber lens Oakley style Nomex flight glove kinda guy????

Think about it you where a uniform whether you know it or not.Are you into MMA (Affliction,Tapout)What about Motocross(Metal Mullisha,Skin Ind.)?Do you ride a street bike and constantly go to the Bike shop and buy every new Alpinestars and Fox shirt you can get?It has come down to a simple fact we are all predictable.I mean when you see a lady driving a Suburu Outback wearing an orange safety vest and a pair of All-terrain Nikes with her Lab in the back what do you think? What about the guy at the bar with the porkchop side burns and the Dickies workshirt and the big cuffs on his pants. Yeah my bet is he is the one with the Black primer pile in the parking lot with the red wheels and 4 inch whitewalls on it.What is your uniform????

I hate it when everyone dresses like me. It creeps me out! I asked an NCO once if everyone there shops at the same place as me because everyone dressing like me is creepy. He didnt find it funny tho and I had to push :(
Thanks to whoever told me to ask that BTW :D

I like to wear a suit like James Bond

That would be totally awesome. I'm going to wear a sombraro, tire tread flip flops and crossing bandoleers next time I go to the range.

God Bless The Mauser
05-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm going to wear a sombraro, tire tread flip flops and crossing bandoleers next time I go to the range.

Bandito style :) I always found it funny in spaghetti westerns when the banditos would wear the bandoleers of rifle ammo and they didn't have a rifle.

Rob Roy
05-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Wanna attire like that join the army, otherwise why pretend somebody you are not...

Stanze
05-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Wanna AR-15 like that join the army, otherwise why pretend somebody you are not...

Sound familiar?:rolleyes:

American_pride
05-26-2009, 11:05 PM
lol its better than the guy inline at the Las Vegas gun show who said "Damn I wore the wrong camo! I should have worn my Desert Camo for this place." LMAO!

BunnySlayer
05-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Why don't they just tattoo "wanna-be arm chair commando" on their foreheads?

randy
05-27-2009, 12:17 AM
The only "hot ladies" I've seen at my local range (5 Dogs near Bakersfield) are fat & sweaty.

Have 4 legs, and weigh 900 pounds.

God Bless The Mauser
05-27-2009, 12:35 AM
It's funny that people make their rifles all tacticool and then frown on people for wearing tactical gear.

DedEye
05-27-2009, 1:30 AM
IDGAF as long as they aren't sweeping me or being otherwise unsafe.

dchang0
05-27-2009, 1:33 AM
Wanna AR15 like that join the army, otherwise why pretend somebody you are not...

CLASSIC!!! Good one, Stanze!

big al
05-27-2009, 6:01 AM
i do wear a small pair of sport goggles sometimes, (prescripton kind) because i feel safer. one time an empty case sneaked into my glasses, fortunately it did not hit my eye.

Soldier415
05-27-2009, 6:51 AM
1) Mall Ninja :ninja:

2) Wannabe :stupid:

3) Show-off SWAT team member :2guns: (local PD & SO have their own ranges for practice)

You don't have "hilarious" as an option. I don't think it's cool or worth name calling....but I'd definitely laugh to myself.

It's a little corny to me.

Why don't they just tattoo "wanna-be arm chair commando" on their foreheads?

So if I am at the range in ACUs (with no patches or name or US Army tapes) with body armor + plates, with a chest rig and other kit, training on my own time because they guard normally has you shoot once or twice a year and I have to remain sharp to take troops into battle...you look at me and assume I am a mall ninja and all of the above?

WTF do you care why I or anyone else is at the range wearing whatever kit they want?

Do you have that boring of a life that you spend so much time obsessing over others?

Do you have any idea how different it is trying to shoot and move wearing very restrictive body armor (which totally wipes out the "pocket" for the rifle butt), and other assorted gear?

Who the **** cares why someone else is at the range tactical'ed out!

Maybe more people would train to fight and defend if they didn't have judgemental know it all's snickering at them from the firing line.

Even if I don't bring all my gear, i may be wearing ACU pants and boots bloused...with tactical ballistic glasses, maybe even a goddamn helmet (which incidentally makes it very difficult to view through an optic when prone because it sags into the vision of your right eye).

Hell, I may even come out with two camoflauged dildos strapped to my forehead with windsocks attached to the top just for the hell of it. What business is it of yours?

I find it extremely funny that those making comments about the guys in kit at the range are the ones who sit and shoot off a BENCH all day.

nevermind me, i'll be the guy down at the end who chugs a few high octane energy drinks (best way to simulate adrenaline shakes on an empty stomach) and commences running in place and doing pushups for a few minutes to get my heartrate through the roof before grabbing a weapon and drilling low ready to ready, controlled pairs, scan and back to low ready.

I don't look down on are laugh at those that choose to bench shoot all day (I do it from tiem to time to sight in or just see how accurate I can be), just as I'd kindly ask you to do the same when I am training as I fight and plan to continue fighting.

Judge me all you want, just keep the verdict to yourself.

For as close as we all are here, and how gun owners are a brotherhood, sure are a lot of judgemental people...

I'm out. I've got **** to blow up.

Dan

P.S.

IDGAF as long as they aren't sweeping me or being otherwise unsafe.

Says the guy who runs around area 52 in a shemagh and a man dress :p

jdberger
05-27-2009, 6:58 AM
Train as you fight.

When SHTF, I'll most likely be wearing flip-flops and shorts. That's what you'll see me wearing at the range. :)

AaronHorrocks
05-27-2009, 7:07 AM
I'm guessing you guys would make fun of me and my buddies when I host a "WWII rifle shoot"

http://k43.pbase.com/g1/65/217165/2/108155935.hPtHEktb.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/g1/65/217165/2/104905619.0JzlrMCJ.jpg

nick
05-27-2009, 7:23 AM
So if I am at the range in ACUs (with no patches or name or US Army tapes) with body armor + plates, with a chest rig and other kit, training on my own time because they guard normally has you shoot once or twice a year and I have to remain sharp to take troops into battle...you look at me and assume I am a mall ninja and all of the above?

Dan, we don't assume you're a mall ninja. We know you're one :p

Hell, I may even come out with two camoflauged dildos strapped to my forehead with windsocks attached to the top just for the hell of it.

And that's how we know it's you. Hard to tell under that helmet and behind those ballistic glasses :p

For as close as we all are here, and how gun owners are a brotherhood, sure are a lot of judgemental people...

Nah. WHo in his right mind would judge a guy with two camo dildoes strapped to his forehead :p

nick
05-27-2009, 7:28 AM
I'm guessing you guys would make fun of me and my buddies when I host a "WWII rifle shoot"

http://k43.pbase.com/g1/65/217165/2/108155935.hPtHEktb.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/g1/65/217165/2/104905619.0JzlrMCJ.jpg

Not when you have that Garand loaded, no. Other times... :p

AaronHorrocks
05-27-2009, 7:35 AM
Other times?

The times I have a loaded M1919A4?

Electric Factory
05-27-2009, 7:45 AM
Speaking as a super-secret, double-ought undercover agent trained in all of the mystic and deadly martial arts [ my entire body is a lethal weapon], I often find it useful to dress in my combat gear at the shooting range for those occassions when an impending super-secret-double-ought mission demands a quick review of my 'essential martial equipments' [ sorry gents, that's as much as I can say about my essential martial equipments, were I to tell you any more I'd have to kill you.... ].

nick
05-27-2009, 7:51 AM
Other times?

The times I have a loaded M1919A4?

Are there any times when you don't have a loaded firearm within reach?

Soldier415
05-27-2009, 8:16 AM
Dan, we don't assume you're a mall ninja. We know you're one :p

And that's how we know it's you. Hard to tell under that helmet and behind those ballistic glasses :p

Nah. WHo in his right mind would judge a guy with two camo dildoes strapped to his forehead :p
I LOL'd

Got a little frustrated in previous post. I'm off my soapbox now.

It's not me you have to worry about, you should see my gunner. Total Gear Queer...:D

AaronHorrocks
05-27-2009, 9:17 AM
Are there any times when you don't have a loaded firearm within reach?

Yes... While I'm a work. It's against company policy. :thumbsup:

Rob Roy
05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Actually in the army you are gonna get M4, rather than AR-15. Having a semi automatic weapon on the battlefield is rather unfortunate. Brits had semi FALs during Folkland war and swapped with the Argentinian full auto FALs whenever they had a chance. Also, you can't substitute skills with tacticool gear.

Soldier415
05-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Actually in the army you are gonna get M4, rather than AR-15. Having a semi automatic weapon on the battlefield is rather unfortunate. Brits had semi FALs during Folkland war and swapped with the Argentinian full auto FALs whenever they had a chance. Also, you can't substitute skills with tacticool gear.
Actually, it is preferrable for rifleman to have a very accurate rifle in semi auto ;)

We have SAWs, M240's, M2s, Mk19s for full auto

M1A Rifleman
05-27-2009, 10:22 AM
As soon as you pull up he will rush over and inspect your guns...and then tell you why it is crap and what he has is so much better....after that he proceeds to tell you about his adventure as a Air Cav pilot in 'Nam...ok...in case you missed the first part of my post...his AGE...re-read.

Every place seems to have one of these guys. ;)

God Bless The Mauser
05-27-2009, 10:29 AM

That's cool, I would join you if I had a WWII uniform, all I have is Vietnam era and modern uniforms.

AaronHorrocks
05-27-2009, 11:26 AM
That's cool, I would join you if I had a WWII uniform, all I have is Vietnam era and modern uniforms.

We're actually a Vietnam reenacting group, but many of us have other unique impressions that we like to use from time to time.

Check out www.myspace.com/AaronHorrocks and look at the latest group of photos I uploaded called "Vietnam Deployment" or something to that effect. I think you'll need to change your shorts after that! :D

Also, put in a friend request to "Airsoft Reenactors Group" www.myspace.com/AirsoftReenactorsGroup and you'll be kept up to date on our events and such.

odysseus
05-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Hell, I may even come out with two camoflauged dildos strapped to my forehead with windsocks attached to the top just for the hell of it.

Best line in the thread.:D Now how you keep coming up with the imagery, like the windsocks, is notable.

+1. I have been noticing this a bit more on CGN. Lot more judgmental tone in some threads, which is not sarcasm - which we all do from time to time, but some kind of "higher pillar" snobbery is itching in.

Stanze
05-27-2009, 11:33 AM

The original AR-15 made by Armalite in Hollywood CA was select fire which was adopted by the military and designated the M-16 which later became the M4.

No **** you can't substitute skills with tactical gear. Who said that you could in this thread?

The "sound familiar?" point I was making was that your mentality is shared with notable gun control supporters like Gen. Wesley Clark who support a ban on so-called "Assault Weapons" by saying things like, "If you want to shoot an assault weapon, join the military." with no regard to the second amendment. Yanno? That silly thing called the constitution that he has taken an oath to protect, preserve and defend?

So again, if you are indeed a supporter of the second amendment I fail to see why you'd make such elitist comments and admonish someone for acquiring and learning to use gear on par with the military and most definitely a militia.

Peace. (Through superior firepower)

Rob Roy
05-27-2009, 11:45 AM
The original AR-15 made by Armalite in Hollywood CA was select fire which was adopted by the military and designated the M-16 which later became the M4.

No **** you can't substitute skills with tactical gear. Who said that you could in this thread?

The "sound familiar?" point I was making was that your mentality is shared with notable gun control supporters like Gen. Wesley Clark who support a ban on so-called "Assault Weapons" by saying things like, "If you want to shoot an assault weapon, join the military." with no regard to the second amendment. Yanno? That silly thing called the constitution that he has taken an oath to protect, preserve and defend?

So again, if you are indeed a supporter of the second amendment I fail to see why you'd make such elitist comments and admonish someone for acquiring and learning to use gear on par with the military and most definitely a militia.

Peace. (Through superior firepower)
Actually, I wasn't bringing in any politics here... The point is that many people are trying to become military proficient using tacticool gear or larger caliber instead of gaining proper skills.

AaronHorrocks
05-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Larger Caliber = Larger Fun!

a1fabweld
05-27-2009, 12:50 PM
I like to wear my butt-less chaps to the range with nothing underneath. People look at me funny but nobody has shot at me yet. :p

Sgt Raven
05-27-2009, 3:59 PM
Actually, it is preferrable for rifleman to have a very accurate rifle in semi auto ;)

We have SAWs, M240's, M2s, Mk19s for full auto

Don't even try and explain the difference between traveling overwatch and bounding overwatch. :p

professorhard
05-27-2009, 4:05 PM
who cares what people wear

Rob Roy
05-27-2009, 5:47 PM
I like to wear my butt-less chaps to the range with nothing underneath. People look at me funny but nobody has shot at me yet. :p
:useless:

:43::43::43:

Is the range in San Fran by any chance?:rofl2:

X-NewYawker
05-27-2009, 5:58 PM
"kind of".

I vote for just plain dumb. It's not "a little" dumb, or "sort of" dumb. It is dumb.

Dumb? Really? What if tf they intend to wear that stuff when the SHTF? Where else are they going to get to practice carrying, shooting and reloading with all that crap on?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/SOCOMopenerLR.jpg

tango5
05-27-2009, 6:02 PM

What do you consider combat attire? Like tact vest with 73 pockets with a Kevlar helmet, gloves with reinforced knuckles and sand goggles?

Some times i sport a pair of digi camo pants, but thats as far as my tact gear goes while at the range.

tango5
05-27-2009, 6:05 PM
I go to the range in tacti-cool body armor. I tend to look like this while I'm wearing it:

http://cheapspeech.com/Pics/Me/2004/Oct_18//s_Armor_After.jpg

No law against concealed body armor... :)

I've heard of, and even had high and tight hair cuts while i was in the Army, but high and tight pants? Thats new to me, lol. :thumbsup:

Rob Roy
05-27-2009, 6:06 PM
Dumb? Really? What if tf they intend to wear that stuff when the SHTF? Where else are they going to get to practice carrying, shooting and reloading with all that crap on?

Dressed like that during SHTF is like a magnet to engage for LEO, Army, contractors, etc.

Rob Roy
05-27-2009, 6:07 PM
I've heard of, and even had high and tight hair cuts while i was in the Army, but high and tight pants? Thats new to me, lol. :thumbsup:
LOL

God Bless The Mauser
05-27-2009, 6:14 PM

That is an awsome setup:thumbsup:

Jonathan Doe
05-27-2009, 6:18 PM
Let them do whatever they want. It is their business.

mcat707
05-27-2009, 6:48 PM

The goggles, gloves and combat, attire I can care less about. Its the mullets that do it for me :rofl:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/mcat707/3008586321_e19bc124d7.jpg

cmace22
05-27-2009, 6:49 PM
nevermind me, i'll be the guy down at the end who chugs a few high octane energy drinks (best way to simulate adrenaline shakes on an empty stomach) and commences running in place and doing pushups for a few minutes to get my heartrate through the roof before grabbing a weapon and drilling low ready to ready, controlled pairs, scan and back to low ready.

If I saw someone pounding energy drinks and running in place, I might consider shooting another day :thumbsup:

DisgruntledReaper
05-27-2009, 7:06 PM
I USUALLY dont care much what people wear BUT I DO watch how people ACT...if I see people that look,dress,act like GB's I watch them like a hawk.....if some guys or guys are in tacticool..fine JUST AS LONG as they dont start acting like diccks,macho,criticize my firearms,crowd my table or area...THEN i say or do something......if people are acting in a careless manner...I tell them or the RO if they dont get the hint.

dchang0
05-27-2009, 7:11 PM
Dressed like that during SHTF is like a magnet to engage for LEO, Army, contractors, etc.

Open-carrying during SHTF is just as likely to draw unwanted engagements from the LEO and .mil guys.

BUT, I'd say that a guy tac'd out is less likely to be thought of as a common criminal than a guy wearing a baggy T-shirt and low-rider baggy jeans running down the street with a gun in hand. I'd rather the LEOs stop and wonder if I'm a friendly and try to contact/ID me than make assumptions that I'm an armed looter and start shooting.

Case in point: a couple of days ago, I passed through some sort of LEO action on Santa Monica Blvd. just west of Beverly Hills. There were cops dressed in khaki pants and polo shirts with black chest rigs and thigh rigs strapped on. There were no obvious SWAT team markings on their vests, but you could tell they were LEO because they intermingled freely with uniformed patrolmen. These guys all tac'd out looked no different than regular civilians at the range wearing khakis, polo shirts, and tac gear, including myself when I take tac courses.

So if I were dressed like that running down the street with a long gun in SHTF, chances are VERY HIGH that another LEO would initially assume that I'm also LEO. And hell, I'd be happy to work with them in protecting my neighborhood, so if they hailed me for help, I'd do exactly that.

tango5
05-27-2009, 7:14 PM
Open-carrying during SHTF is just as likely to draw unwanted engagements from the LEO and .mil guys.

BUT, I'd say that a guy tac'd out is less likely to be thought of as a common criminal than a guy wearing a baggy T-shirt and low-rider baggy jeans running down the street with a gun in hand. I'd rather the LEOs stop and wonder if I'm a friendly and try to contact/ID me than make assumptions that I'm an armed looter and start shooting.

Exactly, i dont want to end up as an "accident" or a "statistic". Being shot for the wrong reason by a inexperienced cop with high blood pressure would suck.

cmace22
05-27-2009, 7:21 PM

Depending on the degree of S hitting the fan, you would be better off flying under the radar.

That means civilian attire and concealed carry. Now if its a whole fan fulla S, then in the hills all tactacooled out would be the way to go.

You are not gonna catch me all BDU'd out with my M4gery and 300 rounds in my chest rig walking down the street to get some micky D's.

dchang0
05-27-2009, 7:31 PM
Depending on the degree of S hitting the fan, you would be better off flying under the radar.

That means civilian attire and concealed carry. Now if its a whole fan fulla S, then in the hills all tactacooled out would be the way to go.

You are not gonna catch me all BDU'd out with my M4gery and 300 rounds in my chest rig walking down the street to get some micky D's.

LOL--yeah, I agree. Dress like a 'fugee and carry concealed for the "regular" SHTF like Hurricane Katrina, and tac all out for the Apocalypse.

Soldier415
05-27-2009, 7:49 PM
If I saw someone pounding energy drinks and running in place, I might consider shooting another day :thumbsup:
Good to know training makes you nervous ;)

cmace22
05-27-2009, 7:52 PM
Good to know training makes you nervous ;)

I wont lie.... That would freak me out! :willy_nilly:

Soldier415
05-27-2009, 7:56 PM
I wont lie.... That would freak me out! :willy_nilly:
Why? Specifically?

Cal-Irish
05-27-2009, 7:57 PM
To some people that were asking about my definition of combat attire;
Carbon fiber knuckled gloves, tac vest/rig, goggles etc

But the baggy ACU wearing t-shirt guy who approaches the bench during ceasefire numerous times is a little bit more of a concern to me.

This has turned into a great thread btw good contributions by all.

1859sharps
05-27-2009, 8:08 PM
I care less about what people wear to the range and more about which direction their rounds are traveling.

cmace22
05-27-2009, 8:37 PM
Why? Specifically?

Just the idea of someone operating a deadly weapon while pounding stimulants on top of physical exertion on an empty stomach isnt the most settling image.

I understand the point of it, but someone not knowing exactly why you are doing it may freak them out alittle.

cmace22
05-27-2009, 8:40 PM
I care less about what people wear to the range and more about which direction their rounds are traveling.

True, but who are you going to be paying more attention too?

The guy wearing blue jeans and a tee shirt

or

The guy in cammie's doing pushups and wind sprints between shotgunning 40oz speed stacks

Just having some fun with ya soldier415 :)

studiojon
05-27-2009, 8:51 PM
I dont care what folks where out to the range just remain safe while doing it..

:thumbsup:

bambihunter
05-27-2009, 8:58 PM
Yeah, at least a loincloth. A black "tactical" one.

Waldo
05-27-2009, 9:00 PM
Don't really pay much attention to how folks dress at the range, as long as they're safe and not acting like morons.

I show up at the range and for classes dressed the same: jeans and a plaid shirt. Rifle mags in pockets for classes, just as I would if I needed to grab my rifle and go.

Soldier415
05-28-2009, 2:17 AM
Just the idea of someone operating a deadly weapon while pounding stimulants on top of physical exertion on an empty stomach isnt the most settling image.

I understand the point of it, but someone not knowing exactly why you are doing it may freak them out alittle.
If you ever have to use your weapon, your heart rate will be high and you will be shaking with adrenaline.

Kinda makes those neat little groups a bit harder.

Which is why it makes sense to simulate those conditions for training.

Oh, and you could always walk over and ask what's up ;)

Plisk
05-28-2009, 2:40 AM
I dont really care for them. I usually wear dickies and a plain tee. If its hot I just throw on my camo bdu pants that I cut off to shorts, with a plain tee and some flip flops with socks on.

Socks with sandels? Ewww.

Back when I was a WWII re-enactor, I've gone to the range a few times completely kitted out with Garands, Carbines, etc. It was pretty fun. I even did it once in Civil War attire when we went musket shooting. As for Mall Ninja, m4gery stuff... I don't want to be a hypocric and say it's dumb... cuz I know I'll be doing it at least once after my tacticool rig is together. :thumbsup:

My vote is, as long as they keep it tasteful and refinedand don't go overboard it's ok.

JJ1911
05-28-2009, 3:26 AM
Doesn't really bother me, I'm usually focused on my target

BunnySlayer
05-28-2009, 4:11 AM
Soldier415 wrote,
Um...Yep. we do cause every other one I've ever seen was. We think they're funny. So should you.

WTF do you care why I or anyone else is at the range wearing whatever kit they want?
Again, we don't care we think it's funny.

Do you have that boring of a life that you spend so much time obsessing over others?
Ummm......Yes. Your point?

Who the **** cares why someone else is at the range tactical'ed out!
We don't. We just want to make sure they don't have voices in their head telling them the guy at the other bench is the anti-christ.

Maybe more people would train to fight and defend if they didn't have judgemental know it all's snickering at them from the firing line.

I probably wouldn't laugh at you but the fat kid with the comic books sticking out the back of his cammies cries out to be made fun of. I must oblidge.

Hell, I may even come out with two camoflauged dildos strapped to my forehead with windsocks attached to the top just for the hell of it. What business is it of yours?
Was that you at the range last week? I didn't recognise you, I was too busy laughing at the fat kid.

A few less stimulants and you'd see the humor in these fools too. Try a little Decaf. Take the nice pills the doctor gives you and we can cut these little episodes down.

We're not judging, we're laughing. We have a sense of humor. So should you. This thread was funny. Learn to laught a little.:p

Soldier415
05-28-2009, 7:15 AM
Soldier415 wrote,

Um...Yep. we do cause every other one I've ever seen was. We think they're funny. So should you.

Again, we don't care we think it's funny.

I probably wouldn't laugh at you but the fat kid with the comic books sticking out the back of his cammies cries out to be made fun of. I must oblidge.

Was that you at the range last week? I didn't recognise you, I was too busy laughing at the fat kid.

Already said I was over it. went on a rant and was confrontational over something that really isn't that big of a deal as people sometimes do, but rather than edit it or delete it, I stand by my words for better or worse.

A few less stimulants and you'd see the humor in these fools too. Try a little Decaf. Take the nice pills the doctor gives you and we can cut these little episodes down.

I don't know you and you don't know me...but the above is a pretty f'ed up thing to say to someone in my current situation. Thanks.

brb, PTSD'ing

We're not judging, we're laughing. We have a sense of humor. So should you. This thread was funny. Learn to laught a little.:p

Am I the only one that thinks it's rather ironic that me of all people is on the receiving end of a talk about "having a sense of humor"? :p

5hundo
05-28-2009, 9:11 AM
I really don't care...

I've got friends that play "dress up" when they go out to the range but I really don't pay attention to what dudes are wearing in general, unless it's just blatantly horrendous.

Rick530
05-28-2009, 9:47 AM

I'm covored in tattoos and have piercings.. guess i must be in a gang. Some people sure are stupid....

stag6.8
05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I personally dont care as long as theyre using safe gun habits....but I admit when I do go the the range, I wear my KELVAR VEST under my shirt....nobody sees it...nobody knows but me. If you own one, thats where you use it:thumbsup:

Soldier415
05-28-2009, 10:24 AM
BTW guys, because of this thread...I will be showing up to the next shoot-n-q in a combat kilt, sans undergarments...

Rob Roy
05-28-2009, 11:46 AM
BTW guys, because of this thread...I will be showing up to the next shoot-n-q in a combat kilt, sans undergarments...
:useless::43::43::43:

5aa12
05-28-2009, 4:36 PM

p

:rofl2: Hahah this thread was pure entertainment. I personally dont care what people wear to the range as long as they are safe and squared away. Regardless if someone is a mall Ninja or a hard core operator, I like scoping gear out. I also dont mind a little humor added to my day at the range either...and the quote above takes the cake!!:thumbsup:

I just found an addition for my signature...! CG rulz..

Group B
05-28-2009, 4:47 PM
personally the blood-type patches make me laugh a little inside...maybe that's because I can't remember my own blood type!

socomIInato
05-28-2009, 4:59 PM
sounds like they want too play in the desert:gene:

tankerman
05-28-2009, 7:27 PM
BTW guys, because of this thread...I will be showing up to the next shoot-n-q in a combat kilt, sans undergarments...So the exact opposite of what you normally wear?

a1fabweld
05-28-2009, 8:38 PM
I'm covored in tattoos and have piercings.. guess i must be in a gang. Some people sure are stupid....

C'mon man, you must be in a gang. Come clean already! Oh wait, because you have tattoos AND piercings, you must be one of those "street urchins"!:p

Rick530
05-28-2009, 8:45 PM
C'mon man, you must be in a gang. Come clean already! Oh wait, because you have tattoos AND piercings, you must be one of those "street urchins"!:p

Damn man, you found me out. Nice avitar. Seeing them July 10th. FTW!!!:43:

a1fabweld
05-28-2009, 8:55 PM
Damn man, you found me out. Nice avitar. Seeing them July 10th. FTW!!!:43:

I'll see ya there! I'll be the guy all operatered out in the buttless chaps with my tactical thong on backwards.

Rick530
05-28-2009, 8:59 PM
I'll see ya there! I'll be the guy all operatered out in the buttless chaps with my tactical thong on backwards.
lol pretty sure that would end badly for you.

a1fabweld
05-28-2009, 9:06 PM
lol pretty sure that would end badly for you.

True. I might get mistaken for Marilyn Manson & get mobbed. LOL!

Rick530
05-28-2009, 9:07 PM
True. I might get mistaken for Marilyn Manson & get mobbed. LOL!
LOL

CaliGunOwner
05-28-2009, 9:57 PM
I couldn't care less -- and if I get a good chuckle out of it -- you shouldn't either :jump:

hkusp9c
05-28-2009, 10:05 PM
what is proper attire when going to the range then? I usually wear my short sleeve tshirt and shorts and flip flops when going to an indoor range. Am I under-dressed for the occasion? Can anyone give me any "range fashion" pointers?

BunnySlayer
05-28-2009, 10:11 PM

Apparently I misjudged you. THAT was funny! :jump:

KAVEMAN762
05-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Socks with sandels? Ewww.

Back when I was a WWII re-enactor, I've gone to the range a few times completely kitted out with Garands, Carbines, etc. It was pretty fun. I even did it once in Civil War attire when we went musket shooting. As for Mall Ninja, m4gery stuff... I don't want to be a hypocric and say it's dumb... cuz I know I'll be doing it at least once after my tacticool rig is together. :thumbsup:

My vote is, as long as they keep it tasteful and refinedand don't go overboard it's ok.

I dont wear sandals, I wear slippers, sometimes. And I dont usually wear slippers to the indoor range unless I just got back from the beach(happened twice). And the few times that I did go to an indoor range with slippers, I put some socks on so my brass, and other shooters brass dont burn my feet. I didnt have shoes with me, but I do have a couple trunk guns that I can use when someone brings up wanting to go shooting. I dont wear socks with slippers at outdoor ranges, or desert shooting unless we have to hike or walk at distance then I wear socks and shoes. I also wear a backwards hat so brass dont go down the back of my shirt. So before you ewwww, just ask "why?" :thumbsup:

dchang0
05-29-2009, 12:25 AM

LOL-- "Stereotypes: Dividing the masses since the beginning of time..."

J_Rock
05-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Just dont be like this guy. Notice: Fake suppressor, tacticool plate carrier without any plates :cool2:, trying to look all SF OPERATOR with a shemagh and the worst #*$%ing reload Ive ever seen in my life.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XW89i4pCa1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XW89i4pCa1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Plisk
05-29-2009, 12:42 AM
So before you ewwww, just ask "why?" :thumbsup:
I'm not questioning your reasoning for wearing them, I just think socks with sandels are gross. :43:

:thumbsup:

Soldier415
05-29-2009, 1:46 AM
So the exact opposite of what you normally wear?
Are you referring to my ACU patterned combat thong? The one with an ammo pouch built in?

luchador768
05-29-2009, 1:59 AM
Wanna attire like that join the army, otherwise why pretend somebody you are not...

Exactly.:thumbsup: It is free from Uncle Sam.

Sgt Raven
05-29-2009, 8:03 AM

The gear I buy is better than any I was issued. :thumbsup:

trinydex
05-29-2009, 8:05 AM

http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=112#pid=112

i wonder what gang she's in

btw this thread sucks

Untamed1972
05-29-2009, 8:22 AM

Nothing in life is free....especially from uncle sam.

It's free except for that whole "singing your life over" thing.

sreiter
05-29-2009, 8:24 AM
i wear oakleys in and out side because they are he least cumbersome and most effective eye protection

i wear cammo pants outside because
1.of cargo pockets reload mags from lose rounds while instructor talks
2.more rip resistant going prone (knee pads when for kneeling and prone shooting)

wear em inside (hand gunning) because i they are my "have gun powder on them anyway" pants (i always practice from holster)

Soldier415
05-29-2009, 8:28 AM
The gear I buy is better than any I was issued. :thumbsup:
This

kalguns
05-29-2009, 8:28 AM
I know a guy who likes to play solider and get all dressed up. No matter how stupid he looks and how much he gets made fun of he will stop embarrassing himself. I think he is the type that is going to snap some day.

CHS
05-29-2009, 8:37 AM
http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=112#pid=112

i wonder what gang she's in

btw this thread sucks

She's in the "I make suppressors for a living so I'm automatically cooler than any of you" gang.

trinydex
05-29-2009, 8:39 AM
She's in the "I make suppressors for a living so I'm automatically cooler than any of you" gang.

sounds like none of us are in that gang either.... sad day.

SuperSet
05-29-2009, 8:40 AM
You guys have dated ideas about an operator's wardrobe arsenal.

Officially, you need:

1. Wraparound sunglasses which means Oakley is required. It's in the manual, read it.
2. Polo shirt with accompanying agressively styled signature line, preferably in Latin
3. 5.11 pants with extra points for Arcteryx knee pads.
4. Don't forget about the beard.

Everything else is just poser weak sauce.

trinydex
05-29-2009, 8:45 AM
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/i/file_81_3.jpg

i see carhartt pants
tshirt
sunglasses
ballcap
beard

gunn
05-29-2009, 10:01 AM

I agree. Once at Chabot I saw a Rubenesque asian chick in full Lolita maid garb. It took extra effort to group well with my next magazine's worth of rounds as I was chuckling at the time.

-g

PS. Rubenesque refers to the art of Peter Paul Rubens - not the fatass from American Idol

God Bless The Mauser
05-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Just for you guys I'm going to wear my tactical gear when I go shooting today:D Maybe I'll even wear my Ray Bans and look even cooler:cool2:. But it's my range so even if anyone was there to give a **** I would ask them to leave.

Untamed1972
05-29-2009, 11:35 AM
So my question is how "tactical-ed out" can a guy get before you start making fun of him?

From the sounds of it, unless a guy really IS an "operator" then he should just sit his *** down and bench shoot, because anything else gets him branded a poser.

I get tired of sitting at the bench and it's hardly anything resembling practical shooting. So I've been taking classes that focus more on actual tactical shooting and movement, various shooting positions and so on. But for some of that you DO need additional gear. Some pads, some kind of mag-holders or a tac-vest and so on. And you need to wear the stuff to find out what works best for you. Plus I've been taking classes cuz it's only place I can have the freedom to do that kinda stuff as opposed to ranges where all you can do is bench shoot. And there aren't many open shooting areas near me where I can go practice the stuff I've learned in the classes. Heck....just try finding a range that will allow you to practice from the holster.

And then I read stuff like this and wonder why I don't like going to public ranges. There is always some elitist jackwad there looking down his nose at everyone. You know...that guy that can't ever seem to remember he was once a "new guy" too.

3GunFunShooter
05-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I do wear my 511 pants and some short of a shirt with a collar.
Summer shirt at a match is a Tech Wear.
511 vest for winter IDPA, vented vest for summer.
Summer I wear my 511 shorts. Same pants I wear when I shoot IDPA & USPSA. For just plinking and sighting in, jeans and a shirt I don't care about getting grease and oil on.

dchang0
05-29-2009, 11:36 AM
I agree. Once at Chabot I saw a Rubenesque asian chick in full Lolita maid garb. It took extra effort to group well with my next magazine's worth of rounds as I was chuckling at the time.

-g

PS. Rubenesque refers to the art of Peter Paul Rubens - not the fatass from American Idol

HOLY--wow, did you happen to get her number for me?

(You seem to know an awful lot about Rubenesque and Lolita stuff...hmm... Otaku?)

dchang0
05-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Nothing in life is free....especially from uncle sam.

It's free except for that whole "singing your life over" thing.

Or the huge taxes we gotta pay, very little of which actually gets to our troops, cops, teachers, nurses, and firefighters, LOL.

Untamed1972
05-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Or the huge taxes we gotta pay, very little of which actually gets to our troops, cops, teachers, nurses, and firefighters, LOL.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah just think about all those $500 hammers DoD used to buy.....

I dont think "military issue" has ever been considered to mean "top of the line".

sreiter
05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
You guys have dated ideas about an operator's wardrobe arsenal.

Officially, you need:

1. Wraparound sunglasses which means Oakley is required. It's in the manual, read it.
2. Polo shirt with accompanying agressively styled signature line, preferably in Latin
3. 5.11 pants with extra points for Arcteryx knee pads.
4. Don't forget about the beard.

Everything else is just poser weak sauce.

danner boots and nomex gloves too

Rob Roy
05-29-2009, 3:27 PM
Just for you guys I'm going to wear my tactical gear when I go shooting today:D Maybe I'll even wear my Ray Bans and look even cooler:cool2:. But it's my range so even if anyone was there to give a **** I would ask them to leave.
LOL, man! You made me laugh.:smilielol5:

Wayneard3413
05-29-2009, 4:18 PM
Here is my take on it... If I am at the range to plink then that is what I will look like

If I am there to train my carry pistols then I will be either dressed in street clothes with my pistol concealed or wearing my duty belt

If I am training with my AR I have been known to show up with my IBA and kevlar

The point being, I train as I plan to fight... To be be honest, I am more likely to laugh at the guy who talks smack about how he is more than capable of defending himself and his loved ones as he sits at a bench or stands beside it shooting at pop can

Just my .02 on that one

BigBamBoo
05-29-2009, 4:30 PM
Here is my take on it... If I am at the range to plink then that is what I will look like

If I am there to train my carry pistols then I will be either dressed in street clothes with my pistol concealed or wearing my duty belt

If I am training with my AR I have been known to show up with my IBA and kevlar

The point being, I train as I plan to fight... To be be honest, I am more likely to laugh at the guy who talks smack about how he is more than capable of defending himself and his loved ones as he sits at a bench or stands beside it shooting at pop can

Just my .02 on that one

If you don't mind answering....Who are you training to "fight" with? Are you a LEO....contractor....or just some guy day dreaming/hoping about the "what if" day?

Peace,Stan

Wayneard3413
05-29-2009, 4:32 PM
Full time LEO and a MP in the guard

But my question is if anyone here regardless of occupation owns a weapon for SD/HD why are they not training with it?

BigBamBoo
05-29-2009, 4:37 PM

gunrun45
05-29-2009, 4:40 PM
In my experience, its easy to tell the guys who show up to practice for work from the mall ninjas. Those who are serious enough to train hard away from a LEO range (that are LEO's) can really get it on sometimes.

Those that are mall ninja's... God, they can be more entertaining than cable TV! Nothing like seeing some tool get out of his truck, adjust his underwear and start talking like he "knows it, been it, done it". Typically they pull out some crazy looking insanely expensive rock chucker and then miss half of what they shoots at. All the while they blame the wind, sun, rain, heat, cold, gun, gear, ammo, etc... for their poor performance.

There is a point though were people who look like idiots make the rest of the gun owning public look like militant wack jobs. Camo dress, ghillie netting or whatever you smear on your face to get you off when you shoot is just to much when the 6'oclock news shows up without notice to do a series on ammo shortages in America and the response of the shooting public:thumbsup:

Basically I draw the line at some tool making me look like a tool by default just for having the misfortune of standing near him on the range.

Wayneard3413
05-29-2009, 4:43 PM
Right there with you man... The problem is that most people feel going out to the public range, pistol already in hand, under a shelter to keep the sun out of their eyes, standing still shooting at whatever can or bottle etc is handy is actually preparing them for a defensive shoot

There is a HUGE difference between SHOOTING and FIGHTING

Now if you are a middle aged overweight guy living in his moms basement dressed up in gear you bought from Cheaper Than Dirt emptying mags into everything but your target then that is a different story haha

dchang0
05-29-2009, 5:09 PM
Agreed. There's a lot more to training though than just taking the courses. We have to keep it up by actually practicing AND staying in good physical shape. FIGHTing requires it.

WINGEDSWORD
05-29-2009, 7:42 PM
Every time I see one of these posts, questioning what others wear or shoot,
I have to wonder what motivates the questioneer? If they aren't coming over to you and getting in your face, It's none of your affair. Grow up and mind your own business!

sega18
05-29-2009, 7:48 PM
Always dress for success.

tankerman
05-29-2009, 7:57 PM
What's his CGN name, he's got to be a member here................
Just dont be like this guy. Notice: Fake suppressor, tacticool plate carrier without any plates :cool2:, trying to look all SF OPERATOR with a shemagh and the worst #*$%ing reload Ive ever seen in my life.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XW89i4pCa1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XW89i4pCa1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cal-Irish
05-29-2009, 8:20 PM

Lol. At least he isnt at a bench.

ChibiPaw
05-29-2009, 9:52 PM

-g

Rubenesque? @ 150# and 5'6"? But, I am actually impressed that someone even know that word! Especially on CGN.. *ducks*

While I don't sport the maid look its some what amazing that someone actually have an idea of what it is. But anyways, I am a regular at Chabot. Lolita fashion is what my day to day wear is, since I am an importer of a major brand from Japan. Since this isn't the for classify section, I wont plug my business here. but PM me if you (or your girlfriend is interested!)

Here's me and my beloved FAL.
http://www.mermaid.org/personal/photos/public/ptg-fal-cgn.jpg

5hundo
05-29-2009, 10:29 PM

I could have composed an opera in the time it took him to reload... :rolleyes:

Cal-Irish
05-29-2009, 10:38 PM

-g

Uh oh. :D

5hundo
05-29-2009, 10:57 PM

OUCH!!!

Gunn... You were officially PWNED!!!

There's a lot of words I would use to describe her pic, and anything alluding to "Fat" isn't on that list, from where I'm sitting...

Good taste in firearms, too... :thumbsup:

That's marriage material, if you ask me... :D

Ruiner
05-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Rubenesque? @ 150# and 5'6"? But, I am actually impressed that someone even know that word! Especially on CGN.. *ducks*

While I don't sport the maid look its some what amazing that someone actually have an idea of what it is. But anyways, I am a regular at Chabot. Lolita fashion is what my day to day wear is, since I am an importer of a major brand from Japan. Since this isn't the for classify section, I wont plug my business here. but PM me if you (or your girlfriend is interested!)

:eek::eek::thumbsup:

Rob Roy
05-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Agreed. There's a lot more to training though than just taking the courses. We have to keep it up by actually practicing AND staying in good physical shape. FIGHTing requires it.
+1 on that. Fitness, endurance, and muscle memory are the key...
Takes daily practice.

Rob Roy
05-29-2009, 11:50 PM
I could have composed an opera in the time it took him to reload... :rolleyes:
Actually, might happen if you put the mag the wrong side in the pouch

dchang0
05-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Actually, might happen if you put the mag the wrong side in the pouch

And on the wrong side of your person...

In his defense, he is MUCH, MUCH improved after taking the Magpul Dynamics Tac Carbine 2 course back in Feb, 09. Three days of getting yelled at by Costa and Haley will do that to you.

BunnySlayer
05-29-2009, 11:57 PM
+1 on that. Fitness, endurance, and muscle memory are the key...
Takes daily practice.

I practice daily and I'm still a pudge. :banghead:

dchang0
05-29-2009, 11:58 PM
I practice daily and I'm still a pudge. :banghead:

Nobody said you had to be a hardbody to be an effective fighter--just gotta be able to win fights!

Soldier415
05-30-2009, 2:58 AM
What's his CGN name, he's got to be a member here................
From that angle...it looks like Stormfeather :eek:

Soldier415
05-30-2009, 3:02 AM

-g

LOL. Wheh I first saw your post gunn...I knew it had to be Chibi :D

I was waiting for the response :rofl2:

bigcalidave
05-30-2009, 9:45 AM
Gotta be careful talking about people at the ranges on CG !!! Remember, there are only a few places left to shoot, the people who stand out there, probably stand out here.

Now someone was talking about the ghillie suit... Good luck shooting at a range in california in one of those. We have one, use it to startle people at our parties (standing next to the door, in the yard, etc). But try to wear one in the sun, you'll sweat off 10 lbs in an hour. It sucks!
Might be good training I guess... for what, I dunno.

JTROKS
05-30-2009, 10:17 AM

If they were taking a tactical rifle class or practicing drills (if allowed) then by all means. So many years back the USAF did not require personnel to qualify with M16 and M9 while wearing a gas mask. We learned that shooting the M16 with a gas mask was very difficult so they introduce firing the portion of the qual with gas mask.

I have seen a couple of guys wearing tactical gogles, vest and gloves just to shoot their AR off the bench. As long as they're being safe I say have a happy halloween.

WeekendWarrior
06-02-2009, 9:43 AM
The only place you would catch me wearing that stuff is a tactical training course. No way would I wear a tac vest to bench shoot on a Sunday. LAME!