PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Company Extractor Upgrade Vs. Wolff Extractor Uprgrade

xounlistedxox
05-26-2009, 10:24 AM
I am just curious if any of you guys have used both of these kits. So far I have used the Wolff springs and they work perfectly, but I need to place an order with BCM and was considering these IF they work just as well as the Wolff spring does. I know the Wolff is just a spring, and the BCM also has an o-ring...for what I don't know.

BCM
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Extractor-Spring-Uprade-Kit-p/bcm%20extractor%20spring%20%203pack.htm

Wolff(you will have to scroll down a little)
http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html

aplinker
05-26-2009, 10:27 AM
The O-Ring works to enhance the extractor strength. It limits the compression it can undergo (think of it as a 2-stage spring).

The BCM kit is excellent.

Ruiner
05-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Other boards are reporting that the O ring really isn't needed when using the BCM kits. Some are reporting that it actually makes the extractor too strong and makes it real tough on the brass if you reload.

Ruiner
05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Other boards are reporting that the O ring really isn't needed when using the BCM kits. Some are reporting that it actually makes the extractor too strong and makes it real tough on the brass if you reload.

ThatFishGuy
05-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I have used the BCM kit and loved it. I didnt use the O ring though, and it was still flinging that brass pretty far. never had a single FTE.

CHS
05-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I am just curious if any of you guys have used both of these kits. So far I have used the Wolff springs and they work perfectly, but I need to place an order with BCM and was considering these IF they work just as well as the Wolff spring does. I know the Wolff is just a spring, and the BCM also has an o-ring...for what I don't know.

Are you having extraction/ejection problems?

xounlistedxox
05-26-2009, 1:31 PM
I don't have any extraction/ejection problems anymore. I have the Wolff springs in two of my uppers and I need 3 more kits for other uppers. I had a problem with extraction one time in the past with a DPMS upper, so I now upgrade all extractor springs no matter where the upper comes from.

aplinker
05-26-2009, 8:05 PM
I don't have any extraction/ejection problems anymore. I have the Wolff springs in two of my uppers and I need 3 more kits for other uppers. I had a problem with extraction one time in the past with a DPMS upper, so I now upgrade all extractor springs no matter where the upper comes from.

Unnecessary for LMT, BCM and others who do their BCGs correctly. Count coils and go...

xounlistedxox
05-26-2009, 8:21 PM
Funny you should mention BCM and LMT... I recently purchased one of each of these uppers, but the bolt carrier groups are from RRA since Brave Company didn't have any in stock

CHS
05-26-2009, 8:23 PM
Funny you should mention BCM and LMT... I recently purchased one of each of these uppers, but the bolt carrier groups are from RRA since Brave Company didn't have any in stock

Extraction is all in the BCG. Notice that UCLAPLINKER said LMT and BCM BOLT-CARRIER GROUPS, and *NOT* uppers.

xounlistedxox
05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I count only four coils on the RRA BCG extractor springs

ENTHUSIAST
05-27-2009, 1:19 PM
I had some FTF/FTE issues w/ a cheap GSE 7.5" upper and a fellow CalGunner that is an AR afficinado, while we were on a shoot at an outdoor range, IMMEDIATLY diagnosised it to be a weak extractor spring and pulled his BCG w/ BCM Extractor Upgrade w/ O-ring and ran a mag through my upper... PERFECT.

Then I ran one .... PERFECT.

He is sending me an extra Extractor Upgrade Spring & O-ring kit that he had laying around... (I LOVE CALGUNS!!! :D)

Full range report later this week when it arrives...

P.S. I thought the upper was a POS and I was ready to sell it them he made me realize it was not the upper but rather an upgrade part that only costs a few bucks!!! :clap: (I LOVE CALGUNS!!! :D)