PDA

View Full Version : Soldier wants to transfer K98

WFAInc
05-26-2009, 8:52 AM
This is what he pm'd me from another forum I'm on. Was wondering if anyone had done something like this.

"Hey guys, as the title says, I've managed to come across an original Mauser K98 8mm WWII rifle used by the germans. Has the Eagle 135 Proof marking(Swastika/Eagle) with original serials. However i was wondering if anyone knew a licensed dealer in the states that could help import the rifle. If anyone knows anyone please let me know."

I'd like to help him out or maybe point him in the right direction. Thanks.

Gator Monroe
05-26-2009, 9:03 AM
This is what he pm'd me from another forum I'm on. Was wondering if anyone had done something like this.

"Hey guys, as the title says, I've managed to come across an original Mauser K98 8mm WWII rifle used by the germans. Has the Eagle 135 Proof marking(Swastika/Eagle) with original serials. However i was wondering if anyone knew a licensed dealer in the states that could help import the rifle. If anyone knows anyone please let me know."

I'd like to help him out or maybe point him in the right direction. Thanks.

aCTIVE DUTY OVERSEES NEED HELP from an officer (Full bird colonel or higher)for these issues ?

Saigon1965
05-26-2009, 9:05 AM
Here in the Bay Area - San Francisco to be exact - High Bridge Arms will import/export arms - Check them out -

http://www.highbridgearms.com/english.htm

WFAInc
05-26-2009, 9:06 AM
One thing I forgot to add. The soldier and mauser are in Iraq.

paratroop
06-01-2009, 9:58 AM
the only firearms that can be sent out of theater are antiques, pre 1898. any modern rifle will be denied the necessary affidavit by the JAG. your only chance to get it home would be for your commander to request it as a war trophy for the unit, in which case it will have to be permenantly disabled, or you can talk to your armorer. sometimes they have some good advice about such matters.