PDA

View Full Version : RAW Question

DanHuuN
05-25-2009, 4:07 AM
Hypothetical question I was just thinking about and decided to post to find out an answer....

We all know that RAW canNOT be grandfathered! Now lets say an individual who is an owner of a RAW lives with his/her son or daughter....can the son or daughter have the RAW stored in their room?

motorhead
05-25-2009, 9:16 AM
don't think so. that would be similar to loaning it out.

JTROKS
05-25-2009, 9:22 AM
Only if the safe is there, that's just me thinking. I'll have to check on that.

Quiet
05-26-2009, 1:05 AM
Hypothetical question I was just thinking about and decided to post to find out an answer....

We all know that RAW canNOT be grandfathered! Now lets say an individual who is an owner of a RAW lives with his/her son or daughter....can the son or daughter have the RAW stored in their room?
It can be stored there, but the son/daughter can not have access to it.

Turbinator
05-26-2009, 8:29 AM
We all know that RAW canNOT be grandfathered!

Just to clarify - I presume you mean the registered ownership of a registered AW cannot be changed, yes?

There are some discussions around having a living trust possess the firearm, this probably would have had to happen at the time of registration or thereabouts. Would make for an interesting way to keep the reg'ed item within the control of a family line.

Turby

motorhead
05-26-2009, 9:23 AM
grandfater, in the legal sense, has nothing to do with inheriting or interfamily transfers. grandfatering is something that is illegal under present law but is legal because it was so before the law passed. an example would be an old house that would never meet todays codes. or preban mags.

JockItch
05-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Whats a RAW???

tomd1584
05-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Whats a RAW???

a Really Attractive Woman

ghost
05-26-2009, 2:59 PM
Whats a RAW???

Registered Assault Weapon