PDA

View Full Version : Yugo M92 Questions

Jason762
05-24-2009, 9:58 PM
I'm thinking about getting a M92 parts kit.

I don't like the underfolder, and I'm wondering if it's possible to get a triangle stock or an AK100 stock in place of the underfolder.

Can it be done? If I understand right, it seems like you could put the kit on a NoDakSpud NDS-1KP receiver and have a go.

That sound about right?

- To build a CA-legal M92 I need a fixed magazine release, fixed stock, and a barrel length of over 16".

If I buy a fake suppressor to have permanently attached, what methods can be used? Red loctite? Welded on? And once it's permanently attached, can it be removed when I move to a free state (assuming I pass go on SBR paperwork)?

- Also curious if there is an Ultimak rail works with this particular model?

Jason

Model NDS-1KP with plate
"Premium" 7.62x39 AKM receiver. Fits AK74 style sidefolder stocks.
Make that "Khyber Pass" type AK you've always wanted.
This variant has the pistol grip reinforcement plate installed. caliber 7.62x39

DWarner
05-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Depending on which receiver you use, you can put any stock you want on it. The KB receiver would work for the triangle stock.The fake can would have to be welded on. No idea on the rail. HTH.

God Bless The Mauser
05-24-2009, 10:26 PM
You would need to get a different rear trunnion for the kind of stock you want.

69Mach1
05-24-2009, 10:56 PM
A guy on theAKforums.net built one. I think that is the NODAK KP receiver.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/scaldwellk/NewM92-1.jpg

Fake suppressor has to be perm. attached. A blind pin or welding are your options.

Jason762
05-24-2009, 11:05 PM
A guy on theAKforums.net built one. I think that is the NODAK KP receiver.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/scaldwellk/NewM92-1.jpg

Fake suppressor has to be perm. attached. A blind pin or welding are your options.

Thanks for the pic and info!

What's a blind pin? Is it reversible? What about the welding?

Another option a 16" barrel like Arsenal's AK107 (http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr107ur.htm). What barrel might work? Any 16" 7.62 barrel or are there specifics?

JeffM
05-24-2009, 11:37 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=183422

^Go here^ and bend a flat for a pistol.

and BUY A DEMILED KIT, not a virgin.

joelukehart
05-25-2009, 1:16 AM
A blind pin, welding, and silver solder is good enough for the BATF. Those muzzle extensions are 7000 series aluminum and can either be pinned or silver soldered (aluminum to steel). A pinned extension would be easier for a 'smith to remove once you move to a free state and SBR.

motorhead
05-25-2009, 9:30 AM
with the folder you'll need to go a little longer than 16". (30" OAL folded)

69Mach1
05-25-2009, 11:17 AM
He's fixing the folding stock in place, so no worries.

Jason762
05-25-2009, 4:27 PM
I'm going to go with an 16" Arsenal SLR-107UR as per the recommendations of a well known AK builder.

Thanks for the help.

My next question is (besides gunbroker/gunsamerica) what other sites can I use to find one? And should I need one, who is a good "middleman shipper" (e.g. ship to free state, receiver puts on mag-lock, ships to FFL in CA)?

Q
05-25-2009, 5:34 PM
In the banned list it says Arsenal SLR(all). I've read somewhere people were debating the (all) as not specifically listing an model. I don't think you can or will be able to buy one.

Personally I would go with a pistol or saiga conversion. There are gunsmiths that can fit the krinkov parts on to the saiga barrel..
You could even go with a nodakspud kp receiver and a romy kit with krinkov parts.

Found this pic of a saiga conversion to show it can be done. There are more complete ones out there with the right stock and hand guards. These were more desirable to make before arsenal made the current ur models for those out of state. I have a dimpled raa 223 that would look cool krinked out.:D
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n32/qbertquartz2/wm_1225060.jpg

Jason762
05-25-2009, 6:02 PM
In the banned list it says Arsenal SLR(all). I've read somewhere people were debating the (all) as not specifically listing an model. I don't think you can or will be able to buy one.

Personally I would go with a pistol or saiga conversion. There are gunsmiths that can fit the krinkov parts on to the saiga barrel..
You could even go with a nodakspud kp receiver and a romy kit with krinkov parts.

Found this pic of a saiga conversion to show it can be done. There are more complete ones out there with the right stock and hand guards. These were more desirable to make before arsenal made the current ur models for those out of state. I have a dimpled raa 223 that would look cool krinked out.:D

Aw really? Dah! So my only option, really is to get an M92 kit isn't it? Preferably demiled?

Q
05-25-2009, 6:15 PM
I've seen a m92 parts kit built with a 16in barrel also. I think the owner was in hawaii and had a bulgarian 545 krinkov and yugo 762 krinkov both built with 16in barrels. Both were custom. kvar has 16in 545 barrel front ends for krinkovs. I had one but needed to sell it because of money. I don't like permanent extensions. For the yugo krinkov 16in barrel I forgot what barrel he used.

69Mach1
05-25-2009, 6:42 PM

Damn, now I'm rethinking my Saiga .223 build. What do you think a conversion like that one will cost? Are we talking about removing the entire front end and trunion?

Q
05-25-2009, 9:34 PM
Damn, now I'm rethinking my Saiga .223 build. What do you think a conversion like that one will cost? Are we talking about removing the entire front end and trunion?

I asked a guy that had one in 762.
He said the barrel had to be turned down to 74 specs- I was asking about a romy kit and kp receiver at the time.

I looked at the two 223 RAAs I have and the one that has spot welds on the gas block and front sight (2008 model) looks to have a slightly smaller diameter barrel than the one that has the gas block and front sight pinned on (2006 model).
And comparing the spot welded 223 with my sgl10 the barrels look identical in diameter.
So I think the ones with the spot welded gas blocks and front sights are good to go while the pinned ones will require more gunsmithing.

Two 223 RAA.
Left 2006 pinned FSB and GB. Right 2008 spot welded FSB and GB.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n32/qbertquartz2/brls.jpg

69Mach1
05-25-2009, 9:39 PM
Looks like I have a pinned on, heavier barrel version. Thanks.
How do they mod. the sight block to a Krinkov type?

Q
05-25-2009, 9:50 PM
Looks like I have a pinned on, heavier barrel version. Thanks.
How do they mod. the sight block to a Krinkov type?

They replace it with new krinkov parts- hinge block (replaces rear sight block), krinkov top cover, lower hand guard retainer, gas tube, piston, and fsb/gb. They drill a new gas port for the krinkov fsb/gb.

Jason762
05-26-2009, 8:44 PM
I've seen a m92 parts kit built with a 16in barrel also. I think the owner was in hawaii and had a bulgarian 545 krinkov and yugo 762 krinkov both built with 16in barrels. Both were custom. kvar has 16in 545 barrel front ends for krinkovs. I had one but needed to sell it because of money. I don't like permanent extensions. For the yugo krinkov 16in barrel I forgot what barrel he used.

Any chance you could find out? I'd much rather run a full 16" barrel for the M92 and just have it cut/recrowned than frustrate a gunsmith with the task of removing a "permanently" attached muzzle device.

Q
05-26-2009, 10:19 PM
I think the guy used a new/undrilled green mountain m70 barrel.

65cobra
05-27-2009, 1:39 PM
I don't understand why the faux suppressor would need to be permantly attached. Thats necessary if you are trying to get the barrel to the required 16 inch lenght but we are just dealling with overall length here. I can take the buttstock off with a screwdriver in 15 seconds. and you have the same thing as a folded gun. Does that mean I need to weld the buttstock to the gun? (impossible I know)

I certainly agree the faux suppressor needs to have a set screw or something to keep it from being removed by hand.

Jason762
05-27-2009, 9:55 PM
It makes the lib-tards feel better about themselves.

I think if you remove the buttstock it becomes a pistol and you're in a whole nother ball game.

Either way they're all stupid rules, but again - makes the lib-tards feel better about themselves. :rolleyes:

"We made a difference in the world today! We passed a law that said you can't have a folding stock if it's under 30" folded! We're closer than ever to world peace!"

Yeah I know... :beatdeadhorse5: