PDA

View Full Version : My new Bullet Button "Tool"

missiontrails
05-24-2009, 8:04 PM
This Delrin punch is the exact size for the button hole. I bought the retractable bulllet tip tool, but having the flat face/round body of the punch is much better.

http://members.cox.net/dehlers/Bullettool.jpg

Vtec44
05-24-2009, 8:07 PM
Is that a flint?

missiontrails
05-24-2009, 8:18 PM
Is that a flint?
No, it's a Delrin punch out of a cheap punch set that I had. The Delrin ones were the nicest punches in the set. I carefuly drilled a hole in it. If you buy a upper from BCM, you can get the keychain. This setup works like a dream compared to a bullet tip.

MT1
05-24-2009, 8:23 PM
*Purely Hypothetical at this point*

Little idea I had the other day that actually works much faster is to use a small magnet on the other side of the receiver - it pops the mag release and drops the mag and if you fashioned a ring for your left thumb with a magnet built into it you could quickly pop the mag without removing your primary hand from the grip.

Yes it's a tool.

Turbinator
05-24-2009, 8:29 PM

Little idea I had the other day that actually works much faster is to use a small magnet on the other side of the receiver - it pops the mag release and drops the mag and if you fashioned a ring for your left thumb with a magnet built into it you could quickly pop the mag without removing your primary hand from the grip.

Yes it's a tool.

Hmm. Interesting. I dunno, a Delrin punch is pretty fast already.. if you need faster, I would suggest a MM grip setup or a U15. :)

Would a magnet really work?

Turby

BroncoBob
05-24-2009, 8:35 PM

Yes it's a tool.

Would be interesting to say the least.

andrewj
05-24-2009, 8:35 PM

Yes it's a tool.

Intriguing...

Fantasma
05-24-2009, 8:59 PM

Yes it's a tool.

People make money on little ideas that become good ideas. You should have designed it and showed it to us later. Now someone else will try it... Will wait to see when it comes out, because it is a cool idea if it somehow works.Detach a Mag with a magnet! NICE!

aplinker
05-24-2009, 9:08 PM

Yes it's a tool.

We've discussed this one before... The last time we went into detail was on a thread where the OP was someone discussing creating a BB that uses an electronic remote.

My concern with a magnet is that, during the time when the magnet is being used to pull the catch, it's actually a part of the rifle (i.e., attached). I think you'd have a hard time with a jury on this one. I suggested magnetic actuation of a detent - i.e., the magnet acts to allow a button to be pressed.

MT1
05-24-2009, 9:16 PM
We've discussed this one before... The last time we went into detail was on a thread where the OP was someone discussing creating a BB that uses an electronic remote.

My concern with a magnet is that, during the time when the magnet is being used to pull the catch, it's actually a part of the rifle (i.e., attached). I think you'd have a hard time with a jury on this one. I suggested magnetic actuation of a detent - i.e., the magnet acts to allow a button to be pressed.

Couple thoughts I had on it were that if it's attached to your finger it cannot really be considered to be attached to the rifle at the same time any more than a bullet is when operating the button - because the problem is that if you were to somehow leave it attached to the rifle at the mag release it would be left in a state where the mag could not be inserted and caught in place...

I would be interested to see the other thread and the thoughts that went into it...

MT1
05-24-2009, 9:20 PM
People make money on little ideas that become good ideas. You should have designed it and showed it to us later. Now someone else will try it... Will wait to see when it comes out, because it is a cool idea if it somehow works.Detach a Mag with a magnet! NICE!

Not my gig, unless it's something groundbreaking I don't feel like investing the time. There's what like 10 different iterations of the maglock out there right now :rolleyes:

aplinker
05-24-2009, 9:20 PM
Couple thoughts I had on it were that if it's attached to your finger it cannot really be thought of to be attached to the rifle at the same time any more than a bullet is when operating the button - because the problem is that if you were to somehow leave it attached to the rifle at the mag release it would be left in a state where the mag could not be inserted and caught in place...

I would be interested to see the other thread and the thoughts that went into it...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=89864

By analogy, if I glued my finger to a "Bullet Button Tool" that screws onto the end of the catch, I'd still have the same issue that the tool is attached to the rifle = assault weapon. It doesn't matter that it's attached to me, as well. Magnetic attachment is still attachment, from my perspective.

andrewj
05-24-2009, 9:29 PM
Quick MT1, patent the idea and give it a snazzy name!

MT1
05-24-2009, 9:45 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=89864

By analogy, if I glued my finger to a "Bullet Button Tool" that screws onto the end of the catch, I'd still have the same issue that the tool is attached to the rifle = assault weapon. It doesn't matter that it's attached to me, as well. Magnetic attachment is still attachment, from my perspective.

Thank you.

So this is what I saw:

much simpler is the LEO DEVICE (tm) (c 2008)... (patent pending)

replace the BB with a magnetic plunger. the tool to release it is another magnet but in the opposing pole...

as you bring it close to the mag release button, it pushes the magnet inside the cavity to the left, therefore releasing the mag...

simpler...

i though of something like this with magnets, but i wanted to make the magnetic tool small enough so you can put it in a small pocket on the tip of the index finger on a pair of tactical gloves.

Which is similar in concept, I was just thinking about operating it off the opposite side of the rifle so that your primary grip doesn't have to change. It all comes down to what is considered legal or not I guess - it does work though, I never tried it while actually shooting, but I was assembling a lower and had a little pen magnet to play with, just pass it by the actual mag catch on the left side and your mag drops right out....

The Cable Guy
05-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Can you post a pic of it next to the BB for size comparison?

aplinker
05-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Thank you.

So this is what I saw:

Which is similar in concept, I was just thinking about operating it off the opposite side of the rifle so that your primary grip doesn't have to change. It all comes down to what is considered legal or not I guess - it does work though, I never tried it while actually shooting, but I was assembling a lower and had a little pen magnet to play with, just pass it by the actual mag catch on the left side and your mag drops right out....

Hmmm.... here's a thought... and this might actually work.

I'm moving this to another thread, here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=2529392#post2529392

aplinker
05-24-2009, 11:12 PM
moved here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=2529392#post2529392

domokun
05-25-2009, 12:26 AM

Yes it's a tool.

Who needs a button or a tool? A complete rigid and sealed off internal magazine release button would work great! Just use The Force to actuate it. :thumbsup: