PDA

View Full Version : PlEASE HELP

andyboy
05-24-2009, 6:33 PM
1. hi, if i have an OLL, can i make it a pistol and what provisions must the pistol have. Do i have to get a concealed liscence?? does it have to be single shot??

2. is it illegal to possess a full auto trigger assembly and not have it installed??

3. Is it illegal to have a m16 Bolt installed??

thanks andy

Jujak
05-24-2009, 6:39 PM
1. hi, if i have an OLL, can i make it a pistol and what provisions must the pistol have. Do i have to get a concealed liscence?? does it have to be single shot??

2. is it illegal to possess a full auto trigger assembly and not have it installed??

thanks andy

1.) Search these forums and your questions will be answered.

2.) ......... why would you even want to ask that question

3.)No

hoffmang
05-24-2009, 6:40 PM
You can not convert a rifle into a pistol. You should not own FA lower parts. An M16 bolt is fine and relatively common.

-Gene

DirtRacer151
05-24-2009, 6:44 PM
NO it can never have been a rifle receiver..get a pistol marked lower and register it as a single shot
I dont think it is because of constructive posesion
No
thanks andy

hope that helps

Crusader
05-24-2009, 6:49 PM
For #2, please just don't do it. I'm not sure TECHNICALLY it's illegal, but one thing is for certain, it's not right. And it's a very, very, bad idea.

IW378
05-24-2009, 6:52 PM
That was a nice first post. Good luck and do some research.

Matt C
05-24-2009, 6:53 PM
1. hi, if i have an OLL, can i make it a pistol and what provisions must the pistol have. Only if the OLL is a registered pistol lower, is on the manufacturers books as a pistol, and has never had a stock attached to it.Do i have to get a concealed liscence?? Not unless you plan on carrying it concealeddoes it have to be single shot?? There is no requirement for an AR pistol you possess to be single shot, but in general it might be difficult for you to acquire one otherwise.

Probably, if you have an AR, and almost certainly if you have an M16 bolt. Don't play around with this stuff.

Not if that is the only M16 part installed and the weapon is not modified in any other way (from semi only).
thanks andy

Definitely review the flowchart and the relevant penal code before building anything, your post reads like a legal disaster waiting to happen.

Barney Gumble
05-24-2009, 6:55 PM
For an AR, a full-auto trigger assembly is illegal to possess (even when not installed) unless you have both California and Federal permits to own a machine gun.

And if you have to ask you are unlikely to get either.

CSACANNONEER
05-24-2009, 7:00 PM
For an AR, a full-auto trigger assembly is illegal to possess (even when not installed) unless you have both California and Federal permits to own a machine gun.

And if you have to ask you are unlikely to get either.

WRONG! It is not illegal to own a FA FCG if you do not own a weapon that it will work in. It is only illegal if you own both. It is the same as owning an unregistered MG even if you store each part in a different state!

andyboy
05-24-2009, 7:03 PM
Is there any colt receiver that is off list??

what about a 14.5 barrel to posses, if not installed?

thanks for your help, by the way i wont do anything illegal or give democrats the right of way

TZL
05-24-2009, 7:05 PM
yes i know its illegal to own, no questions about that, but how would you even install a full auto trigger group in a normal ar-15 SA lower?

aren't we missing the third "happy" hole for the sear?

IIRC, aren't SA AR-15 recievers also too narrow on the inside to fit a full-auto m16 trigger group?

Matt C
05-24-2009, 7:05 PM
Is there any colt receiver that is off list? Please review: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

what about a 14.5 barrel to posses, if not installed? NFA Violation if you don't have the proper permits and tax stamps, or an AR pistol

thanks for your help, by the way i wont do anything illegal or give democrats the right of way

Again, review the flowchart and the penal code.

workinwifdakids
05-24-2009, 7:07 PM
My vote is that you're a journalist or a cop, but I'll try to answer your questions. I really suggest you peruse the subforum linked on the main page called "New to CalGuns?" On with it:

If you already own a CA-legal stripped lower receiver that you obtained legally from a licensed FFL, check the side. If it is not marked "PISTOL" then you may NOT - repeat, NOT - configure that lower into a pistol configuration. If you'd like a CA-legal AR pistol, the forums are filled with people who've legally done that, so again I suggest you search the forums. Be careful, though: it is extremely easy to run afoul of state and federal laws so be sure to follow the law in every way. In short, if you don't know what the law is -- don't do it!

You do not need a concealed weapons permit to legally possess an AR pistol, though unless you're a celebrity or a politician you'd be lucky to get one in any case. What you do with it once you possess an AR pistol can send you right to prison.

Do not EVER - EVER! - attempt to gain possession of any component made to convert any firearm into a fully automatic firearm. While you can purchase a full-auto bolt carrier group, it has zero effect on function: that is, every time you pull the trigger it still only fires a single round. Talking about breaking the law is very frowned upon here. Actually breaking the law will make you popular with your future cellmate, who doubtless will find you very attractive.

EDIT: Oh, yeah... and I'm not an attorney, not acting as an attorney, nothing herein is mean to be, nor ought anyone take it to be, legal advice.

SJgunguy24
05-24-2009, 7:15 PM
To the OP, if you wanna play with fire, please join the circus. Calguns will give you the information you need but you will have to do your part, research.

FA parts should be treated as if they were radioactive. My AK kit had the FA parts, I took a grinder to them and chopped them in half. I don't play with fire. Chances are nobody here knows you but we still don't want to see or hear about anyone getting locked up for a weapons violation.

Futurecollector
05-24-2009, 7:16 PM
+1 on journalist looking for a loop hole :eek:

kermit
05-24-2009, 9:43 PM
+1 on journalist looking for a loop hole :eek:

If there was a legal loophole to get a FA SBR in the PRK, I'm sure someone on the board would have thought of it. :13:

(and I'd be trying to figure how to get a large enough ammo supply to keep mine fed:43:)

domokun
05-25-2009, 1:16 AM

An OLL DROS'd in CA is DROS'd as a LONG GUN. If you were to attempt to convert it into a pistol, you would be in constructive possession of an unregistered short barreled rifle under CA and Federal laws which is a FELONY. In short you CANNOT make a pistol from an stripped off-list lower that has been DROS'd as a LONG GUN in CA. If you want an AR pistol in CA, the only way to obtain one is via a OLL friendly FFL that is willing to transfer a SINGLE-SHOT exempt COMPLETE AR pistol to you from out of state or from an 07 FFL holder that can manufacture one for you or have a parent or grandparent that lives out of state gift one to you.

Illegal. Constructive Possession of a machine gun.

No. I believe Colt ships all their uppers with Full Auto (M16) Bolt carrier groups.

thanks andy

Is there any colt receiver that is off list??

what about a 14.5 barrel to posses, if not installed?

A 14.5" barrel without a AR pistol lower would result in you being in constructive possession of a unregistered short barreled rifle which is a violation of CA and Federal laws (read FELONY) if you have a working AR lower that you could attach the 14.5" upper to. The only way to legally have a 14.5" upper with a AR rifle lower is to have a 14.5" upper with a muzzle device PERMANENTLY attached to it so that the total length of the barrel in the upper is 16" or greater.

Lastly, I'm not an attorney, not acting as an attorney, nothing herein is mean to be, nor ought anyone take it to be, legal advice.

supersonic
05-25-2009, 7:40 AM
Definitely review the flowchart and the relevant penal code before building anything, your post reads like a legal disaster waiting to happen.

It also sounds like we have an actual, living specimen of someone who is definitely going to make things HARDER for us in the near future.;)

glockwise2000
05-25-2009, 7:50 AM

thanks andy

1. First and foremost, a once DROSed rifle can not be converted to a pistol. A single shot pistol does not have prohibition to be turned a Semi Auto pistol. Why do you even need to get a CCW? If you prefer to get one, goodluck is all I can say. People who even needs CCW can not have them issued even for a most valid probable "good cause".

2. Don't even think of owning one. This would make a cause, if caught, to create or build an NFA item. If you already have one, throw it away or bury it just in case that in eons of time they would allow t again (which I think not, not unless all the liberal die before the conservatives).

3. FA BCG/Bolt are okay on your uppers.

supersonic
05-25-2009, 7:52 AM

IF you actually get approved for a CCW in Ca., I could 'just guess' at what would happen next if you were even to attempt to put down your 'ARpistol' as one of your qualifying sidearms!:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

OP: you definitely are the REASON we should be required to pass 'gunschool 101' before owning ANY firearms!

scotthmt
05-25-2009, 7:52 AM
obvious troll is obvious