PDA

View Full Version : Unimpressed?

EBR Works
05-24-2009, 4:53 PM
Tell us what firearm you were really excited to get and found that you were underwhelmed once you finally received and shot it. :(

I'm feeling that way about my Romanian PSL. I have had it for about 6 months and have only had it to the range three times including today. Just not feeling it... http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/yawn.gif

Norccer
05-24-2009, 5:00 PM
Mosin Nagant... It was cheap, but I just get disgusted when I think about taking it to the range. So... boring. If the AR isn't fun for me I might have to get out of this hobby. :(

yock
05-24-2009, 5:04 PM
XD 9 so the wife could handle it, wish I would have gotten the XD40. She handles a 40 like a pro.

Josh3239
05-24-2009, 5:06 PM
I have always felt unimpressed with AK variants. I tried hard to like them, I spent a lot of money on 3 different AK variants and just couldn't get into them.

jumbopanda
05-24-2009, 5:09 PM
I kinda feel that way about the PSL only because the stock barely long enough for a 10 year old.

626Tony
05-24-2009, 5:13 PM
I have always felt unimpressed with AK variants. I tried hard to like them, I spent a lot of money on 3 different AK variants and just couldn't get into them.

Hear Hear Could not agree with you more on the AK variants !

Maddog5150
05-24-2009, 5:14 PM
The AR15. I got it and was like, "wow, thats what I've been waiting for? I could of spent my money on a ton of craigslist chicks." Then built another one :p

*edit* I was so underwhelmed that before I left for basic last year, I sold an upper on my first build to blow at a strip club ;) True story. Came back and bought again building two thinking it would be better... nope.

Norccer
05-24-2009, 5:16 PM
If I quit the gun hobby I will give away my mosin + ammo. Who wants it if the time comes?

Matt C
05-24-2009, 5:18 PM
If I quit the gun hobby I will give away my mosin + ammo. Who wants it if the time comes?
I'll take it!

Thunderbird
05-24-2009, 5:18 PM
Unpopular as this will be..... PTR 91.

I think it was mostly just the configuration.

Collapsable stock way too short. Sometimes the bolt wouldnt close all the way on the first round, no matter how I charged it.

Also shot just as well with a WASR 10 AK at 50 yards. Part of the problem was the short stock messing up my sight picture I think.

I sold it. The stock thing would have been easy and cheap to remedy but I wanted an M1A anyways and found a great deal on a Loaded M1A ($1500, NIB) Someday, I may get another PTR with standard stock and longer barrel.

Norccer
05-24-2009, 5:19 PM
I'll take it!

Noted!

EBR Works
05-24-2009, 5:20 PM

I'll take it! I do like the bolt action 7.62x54r variants, especially the M44.

Norccer
05-24-2009, 5:22 PM
I'll take it! I do like the bolt action 7.62x54r variants, especially the M44.

M91/30 LOL :( Maybe that is why I think that it is terribly boring?

Crusader
05-24-2009, 5:28 PM
My Saiga.
I was stoked, because it was maybe my 3rd rifle. But after taking it to the range, I was done with it. I have never had another firearm that bored me so.

Frijolito1988
05-24-2009, 5:31 PM
My AR, i was all exited un untill i shot it. Then i told my self...damn it goes BOOM just like all my other rifles, whats all the bru ja ja

jumbopanda
05-24-2009, 5:32 PM
I was not that impressed with ARs until I got my .50 Beowulf upper. :thumbsup:

BroncoBob
05-24-2009, 6:05 PM
Kinda like when in high school , head cheerleader hot looker, get her out on date no biggie afterwards.

workinwifdakids
05-24-2009, 6:13 PM
The Saiga rifle. I dreamed about having one night and day! Then I picked up one (not bought it, just literally shouldered it) at a gun show, and it felt like total crap. It didn't fit my body one bit, felt like a 2x4, and I just hated it.

NSR500
05-24-2009, 6:19 PM
My AR15 is the least exciting firearm I own. I like my .308s better. :)

SJgunguy24
05-24-2009, 6:25 PM
The Saiga rifle. I dreamed about having one night and day! Then I picked up one (not bought it, just literally shouldered it) at a gun show, and it felt like total crap. It didn't fit my body one bit, felt like a 2x4, and I just hated it.

That thing needs to get converted. I didn't like the O.E. stock too much. After I did the conversion the Saiga feels 100% better.

Can't really say i'm unimpressed with any of my firearms, I do alot of research before I put out for anything.

Pilot
05-24-2009, 6:33 PM
give away or sell? id take it ;)

Ian
05-24-2009, 6:41 PM
i was super impressed with the springfield XD series when they came out. I was going to get one...turned out I didn't like how it felt and ended up getting a glock22 instead of the xd40.

i still like the xd45 though

Futurecollector
05-24-2009, 6:48 PM
I wasnt as impressed by the FAL, I think its a great shooter I just wanted it to kick more lol,

my marlin .30-30 wasnt to impressed by, 742 Woodmaster, Mausers,

DirtRacer151
05-24-2009, 6:50 PM
I dont look for enjoyment of any one particular gun of mine but would rather enjoy the sheer fact that i still have the right to go shoot them. Im happy shooting my shotgun, 22lr, 30-06 and everything in between. I even shoot my pellet gun on a daily basis just to calm the urge. Shooting is like crack for me. I always need just onnnneeee more hit.

tankerman
05-24-2009, 6:52 PM
My AR, i was all exited un untill i shot it. Then i told my self...damn it goes BOOM just like all my other rifles, whats all the bru ja jaYep and the "boom" is kind of wimpy at that.

Futurecollector
05-24-2009, 6:57 PM
Yep and the "boom" is kind of wimpy at that.

+1!

NeoWeird
05-24-2009, 6:58 PM
Para Ord Nitehawg. I thought an all black, double stack .45 with night sites - it's the ideal concealed carry gun! Too bad I couldn't handle it worth a damn.

Then there was my Glock 23. A buddy had a Glock 22 that I could hit center mass at 150 yards consistantly. Thought to myself "Damn, now I see what the fuss is about Glocks" (did NOT like them before that). Next time I walked into my local gun shop he had a LNIB Glock 23 and I thought "it must be fate". Hands down my least favorite gun I've ever owned. Don't get me wrong, I'm turned onto Glocks now, but that one just gave me a big limp one every time I held it.

a1fabweld
05-24-2009, 7:44 PM
AR10 for me. Mine was a jam-o-matic & below average accuracy. Next has to be my AK. Couldn't hit a car at 100 yards with the thing if I tried.

shooterdave
05-24-2009, 7:46 PM
ar's and the fal. i just didn't care for the ar the much it was a pain to clean and i carried 1 in basic and ait and just was tired of it. the fal wasn't that good couldn't hit anything with it and the sights sucked. i love ak's though and can shoot them fairly well. i don't know why i guess all the eastern european blood in me!

God Bless The Mauser
05-24-2009, 7:52 PM
AR10 for me. Mine was a jam-o-matic & below average accuracy. Next has to be my AK. Couldn't hit a car at 100 yards with the thing if I tried.

There is something seriously wrong if you can't hit a car with an AK at 100 yards. I can get less than 6" groups with mine.

socalT
05-24-2009, 7:56 PM
Benelli M4, not sure what I was expecting but just a SA shotgun kinda on the heay side.

hawk1547
05-24-2009, 8:00 PM
My Sig P220,I was really,really exited until I got my Less Baer

hamster
05-24-2009, 8:04 PM
My Beretta PX4 in 9mm. It was my first polymer gun and it had that cool rotating barrel... but I couldn't shoot it worth beans and I sold it.

operationblackwater
05-24-2009, 8:06 PM
After years of shooting the M-16 and the M4, I bought a Mini-14 for S#its an giggles and could not get in to it. After I took it to the range I went home and It was sold in a few hours!

deez
05-24-2009, 8:10 PM
Yep, a Mini-14 for me as well.

Shot 50 rds through it...I was not impressed at all.

I sold it later and is the only firearm I've sold without regret.

a1fabweld
05-24-2009, 8:20 PM
There is something seriously wrong if you can't hit a car with an AK at 100 yards. I can get less than 6" groups with mine.

Ok, so I exaggerated a little. But it is by far the most inaccurate rifle I have ever fired. I may spend some more time with it one day, but I prefer to shoot the accurate guns I own right now. When I get bored with the AR's, HK's, M1A's, etc... I'll knock the cobwebs off the AK & see if we can get along.

Richie Caketown
05-24-2009, 8:24 PM
im in the AR boat too ... dreamed about it , wanted it , built it and was disappointed. Im still having trouble pulling groups closer than 6in at 200yards and feeding issues ...

now it just hangs in my closet as one big paperweight

Turbinator
05-24-2009, 8:26 PM
I heard a lot of great things about Ruger 10/22's, so I got ahold of a standard stainless one, and can't really shoot it worth anything. I'm sure it's me, not the gun. Oh well. Still fun to shoot, but not really that thrilling.

Turby

BroncoBob
05-24-2009, 8:31 PM
I heard a lot of great things about Ruger 10/22's, so I got ahold of a standard stainless one, and can't really shoot it worth anything. I'm sure it's me, not the gun. Oh well. Still fun to shoot, but not really that thrilling.

Turby

Turby the good part is I'm sure you didn't drop a grand on it and you can always pass it on to your kids as a starter rifle.

evan69
05-24-2009, 8:44 PM
I hope I am not unimpressed with the ar I am getting...

That being said, I regret getting a .270 a little bit, but like the caliber a little bit too.

It is perfect as far as recoil, but not so much with the price. It is, however, the only kind of ammo that has never been out of stock at walmart, even recently. That might be the reason I still don't FULLY regret my caliber choice.

RobT2K
05-24-2009, 8:48 PM
If you're bored by your rifle, maybe it's because you're not getting the best out of it. Shoot the attached modified Army Qualification Test @ a measly 25yds and try to score 210 or higher out of 250 possible points (Rifleman/Expert).

If you aren't able to the first time, the hunt for "Rifleman" score is very challenging and fun.
I would be bored with rifles too if I was just going out there with no challenge and plinking with no way to measure your improvements.

Print targets horizontal/Landscape, no page scaling

Each page is a stage, no bipods,no rests, sling support only:
1st-Load 10 rounds. Standing offhand position, 2 min time limit
2nd- (Load 2 mags, one with 2 rounds,one with 8 rounds)
Start standing,drop into a sitting position, 2 rounds on left target then reload. 3 more rounds on left target, then 5 on right target. 50 second time limit total of 10 rounds.
3rd-(Load 2 mags, one with 2 rounds,one with 8 rounds)
Start standing, drop into prone position. 2 rounds on left target then reload. 1 more round on left target, 3 rounds on middle target, 4 rounds on right target. 60 second time limit total of ten rounds.
4th-Load 10 rounds. From prone 2 rounds each on top targets, 3 rounds each on bottom targets. 5 min time limit. Double your score on this 4th round. Stages 1-3 have a possible 50 points each, stage 4 is possible 100 points. Perfect score would be 250.

For more rifle instruction go to an Appleseed shoot near you. Calguns member Leonidas posts in the "Shoots & meets" section with several Appleseed shoots throughout the state. Project Appleseed (www.appleseedinfo.org) for more info.

aplinker
05-24-2009, 8:51 PM
It's not the rifles that are the issue.

Mac Attack
05-24-2009, 8:58 PM
Colt Musrtangs - all models.

Over the years I have had 8 mustangs pass theough my hands. Some were purchased from friends who needed the money and some were just to good of an offer to pass up. I actually had several in my carry rotation thinking they were ideal when I coulding carry my full sized 1911 and felt my Keltec P32 wasn't enough. Sure they shot great and were reliable, but they were too big for pocket carry and so I had to use a belt holster. I decided if I was having to wear a belt holster I might as well wear my 1911.

Great little guns but they were just to valuable as shooters so I sold them all off and haven't looked back.

Josh3239
05-24-2009, 9:02 PM
Mmm, when Agoura Indoor was still open I rented a Mini 14. That was a giant waste of money, that thing was terrible.

FJKernel
05-24-2009, 9:04 PM
Remington 788 (bolt action) in 243 Winchester. In the end, it was just average.

Wanted it, had to have it, finally got it. .243 was a bit of a letdown as I was hoping for more anything... bang, impact, accuracy. The mag stuck out the bottom of the stock just enough to make you wonder "why isn't it flush?" and the barrel seemed (and was) too thin for decent longer range accuracy I was looking for.

forgiven
05-24-2009, 9:10 PM
My wifes Chipmuck. She loves it, but for me it's a pain to load.

gtmmark
05-24-2009, 9:14 PM
Semi-Auto BAR, cool as hell but zero excitement.

forgiven
05-24-2009, 9:16 PM
Traded a lot for a very expensive custom rifle. Still have it, but it's never really done it for me.

forgiven
05-24-2009, 9:21 PM

:iagree: Been down that road three different times. My last one I didn't even shoot before I sold it.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
05-24-2009, 9:29 PM
Two different Mausers. It was just too hard to make right handed bolt actions work for me (being left handed). They will be in the sale forum soon.

FlyingDesertEagle
05-24-2009, 9:36 PM
MAK 90 and SKS
bought them back when 7.62x39 was $75 for 1000 rounds. They were reliable and accurate as could be. I just enjoyed .223 and .308 much more.

socomIInato
05-24-2009, 9:36 PM
you guys with ar blues, this is probably result of 10rd mags limit blues. this more then likely has spread too all semi autos. I know if I was stuck with 10 rd mags, I would be quite unhappy:censored:

Springfield45
05-24-2009, 9:55 PM
Sig P250. It looks good in concept. But one gun that dose everything will not do everything well.

Crusader
05-24-2009, 10:05 PM

Hey, not everyone is Superman like you or me.

Josh3239
05-24-2009, 10:06 PM

:iagree: Been down that road three different times. My last one I didn't even shoot before I sold it.

Really!! :eek:

I have been wanting one of those real bad. So what was up; just couldn't get into it, boring, felt like it was a piece a junk?

TacFan
05-24-2009, 10:13 PM
when i first got into the hobby, I bought a keltec. what a POS. With that said, I will be getting a keltec PLR-16 :)

joelukehart
05-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Armscor ak-22. I put 20 rounds thru it and sold it 2 days later.

oldschool88
05-25-2009, 12:51 AM
I agree with the AR comments, mine were amazing untill I shot them. And when I got my Saiga in 7.62x39 and later an M1a they really got boring. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but damn the larger calibers are more fun to shoot. :29:

pullnshoot25
05-25-2009, 1:19 AM
Kinda like when in high school , head cheerleader hot looker, get her out on date no biggie afterwards.

Its all about the nerdy girls, they always blossom into hotties :)

kaboom
05-25-2009, 1:44 AM
My first handgun was a P85. It was boring and I couldn't shoot it well, so I sold it, and one of my cars and bought a desert eagle. Now that is still fun.
Second was a Carl Gustav custom Mauser. It looked and felt nice, but was boring to shoot.
There is also the Lorcin 380, but who in their right mind would expect much of anything from that POS anyway. Besides, it was free. It can keep a stack of papers from blowing away however.

B Strong
05-25-2009, 5:35 AM
Bren Ten

Supposedly it was the answer to all probelms, and I got in at the start. It ended up just being a problem.

I was glad to sell mine, but when I see what folks are willing to pay for them now I wish that I'd held onto to it.

Toolbox X
05-25-2009, 8:28 AM
I have been unimpressed more with styles of shooting that the guns themselves. To me nothing is more boring than shooting at paper from a bench with a rifle that is meant for so much more.

It's like you are taking a Ferrari to a crowded parking lot to drive it, and then wondering why it's boring.

pl408
05-25-2009, 8:41 AM
Benelli M4, not sure what I was expecting but just a SA shotgun kinda on the heay side.

you got to take that thing out to the desert and get after it
every time I take mine out it steals the show! we laugh so hard
I sometimes think theres something wrong with us

AR pretty boring until you take it out of state and then its all about fun!

kel tec su16 what a piece of crap!!!!!!!
I put 10rnds through mine and sold it for cheap, man what a waste of time and money

car15
05-25-2009, 8:57 AM
Spas 12

DirtRacer151
05-25-2009, 9:06 AM
I have been unimpressed more with styles of shooting that the guns themselves. To me nothing is more boring than shooting at paper from a bench with a rifle that is meant for so much more.

It's like you are taking a Ferrari to a crowded parking lot to drive it, and then wondering why it's boring.

+1 i know this feeling. I sold both my bolt actions for this reason. I wanted to see some pink mist from 1000yrds away. Now that would have been a thrill!

PatriotnMore
05-25-2009, 9:11 AM
I am really surprised by all the AR answers. In the past never wanted and AR, all my weapons are for hunting. But, over the last few years, I began to see some things political, and social which were really disturbing, and I decided I was going to build an
AR. Now that I built it, and shoot it, it is a hoot to shoot compared to the 300 win mag,30-06, 44 mag, or even 12 ga.
I like the fact that I am basically shooting a .22 with the punch of a rifle cartridge load behind it. The recoil is low, and its crazy accurate, even when you want to reach out and touch something.

wm97s
05-25-2009, 9:19 AM

I was impressed with the fact that you can make a hugely deadly weapon for $1.39 in original materials and labor. I can envision some Chinese guy banging them out with a hammer, anvil, and a rusty file out of old car parts. I saw better quality items made in high school shop class.

As far as a weapon goes, really not useful for anything but spraying lead around the neighborhood. Good if you are having a war with your neighbors or just want to go to the range to spend money on ammo but useless for just about anything else.

ivanimal
05-25-2009, 9:20 AM
Without a doubt it was a combo gun the Crossfire MK-1 it is a pump action and the controls, loading, ease of use were horrible.

This picture is not mine, just found it on the interwebz.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=1755

It looked cool from a distance. When you held it it was obvious the gun was not well manufactured, fit and finish were different on every gun, the stock looked like it was their first attempt at injection molding. I sold it at a huge profit and was pleased to see it go.

slowjonn
05-25-2009, 9:55 AM
I've had too many to count. But thats the fun with this hobby...you can go any number of new directions when what you have just doesn't measure up.
I have always been of the mindset that you never sell a gun because you will eventually regret it. I went against that mantra too many times now. Here are some of the ones I don't regret letting go;

Glock 21 - Supposedly the end all of pistols when they first started getting popular. I have never had a gun that was so uninspirational. What a boring piece of metal and plastic. Sold it, got into 1911's and never looked back.

Rhineland R22 - Looked good on paper. Great looking gun combining the best of two worlds, AR trigger group and 10/22 bolt/ mags. What a POS! Never did work right, even after several trips back to Mfg.

Sig Mosquito - Again, neat idea but just didn't do it for me. Never did understand the need for a manual safety on a gun with a decock lever.

Sorry if I offended any owners of the above mentioned guns.

CALI-gula
05-25-2009, 10:11 AM
My M249 S.A.W.

The coating was just not as black as I had hoped for, and it had a very metallic taste, where I was expecting a raspberry finish with oaky nuances.

Worst of all, it didn't even match my drapes. :(

DirtRacer151
05-25-2009, 12:30 PM
My M249 S.A.W.

The coating was just not as black as I had hoped for, and it had a very metallic taste, where I was expecting a raspberry finish with oaky nuances.

:thumbsup: nice one

Clodbuster
05-25-2009, 12:40 PM
You should take your rifle to a run and gun event like the Chabot Tac rifle.

Clod

rg_1111@yahoo.com
05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
The CETME. Chews brass worst than a shredder.

popeye4
05-25-2009, 1:00 PM
Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. I put a scope on it but still couldn't get better than 6" groups at 100 yds. Got an AR for a similar price (without a scope) and it outshot the Mini-14. Once I put in an aftermarket trigger and a DCM style free float tube, it really kicked butt.

Then I really did it and got an M14 type rifle. It really made the Mini-14 look like a cheap imitation (except that it isn't cheap). I haven't sold the Mini-14 yet, but it resides in the very back of the safe. If there is ever a gun confiscation sweep, I'll give them that one...... :chris:

dwtt
05-25-2009, 1:52 PM
Ruger Mini-14 in .223.
I thought it was a neat rifle, compact, reliable, and tough, but after I bought one, its accuracy left a lot to be desired. I owned a Colt Sporter at the time for Hi-Power shooting and sold the Mini-14 to a neighbor.

As for pistols, a Cobray M-11 in 9mm. It looked cool to me back then, and I got several 32-round magazines for it. Then I shot and disassembled the gun and realized it was a piece of sh+t. It was a spray and pray gun, innacurate and seemed to be built in someone's back yard on a slow Saturday. The magazines were also unreliable unless I used steel bodied magazines, those stupid plastic magazines were junk.

For shotguns, SPAS-12. It looked great when Ahrnold used it in Terminator, but the thing was front heavy and not any more reliable or effective than a Remington 1100. There was also the safety that defaulted to FIRE. Pushing that button on the front end to switch to pump action was neat until I realized there was no need for or utility to use the pump action because there was no magazine cutoff to prevent a new shell from coming out of the magazine tube. Then Roos-Roberti banned it as an assault weapon and I decided to sell it instead of registering it and getting on the govt list.

caldude
05-25-2009, 3:15 PM
I have several, but I'll still keep them for variety sake. These are the last guns that get pulled from the safe on a range day:

M1 Garand - After a couple of clips, I'm done. M1 Carbine is way more fun to shoot.

XD 9 ported - Actually my wife's gun. Not a bad shooter, but too frickin' loud with the ports.

Enfield Mk 5 Jungle Carbine - Looks good, but not really fun to shoot.

yock
05-25-2009, 3:17 PM
My M249 S.A.W.

your not supposed to taste it, & I would have got new drapes. LOL!
:36:

bigthaiboy
05-25-2009, 3:46 PM
WASR-22. The worst of Romanian engineering. Unreliable. I'm just tired of working on it, just to get it to work right.

Tried a GSG-5. It jammed every single round. I won't be buying one.

FJKernel
05-25-2009, 5:49 PM
+1 on the fun factor of a .30 cal. M1 Carbine. One of the most fun guns I've ever had in a 30-cal! And mine was a crappy "Universal" brand!

Jon Se
05-25-2009, 6:32 PM
Worst gun: Steyr M95 carbine. Ammo costs an arm and a leg even when reloading (compared to the rest of the calibers I own). And the recoil may break your arm if the ammo costs don't do it first. Also quite possibly the heaviest trigger pull I've ever shot in any rifle. I was quite intrigued by the enbloc loading design and the straight pull action at first but it feels as if the bolt is glued into the action every time I extract a round.

Best gun: Schmidt Rubin 1911 (G11) - I was (and still am) amazed with the quality and precision with which the Swiss built this gun. The action seems a tad stiff at first without the magazine inserted but once you load in a full magazine, the straight pull action is faster and almost smoother than my Rem 700 (And I didn't have to pay 300 dollars for a dbm system). The barrel is pristine, you'd think after a hundred years the barrel would show some sign of wear. And last but not least, the trigger breaks cleanly at around 2lbs.

X-NewYawker
05-25-2009, 6:37 PM
My PSG-1.
Every bolt action I had and my AR-10 T outshot it...

Full Clip
05-25-2009, 8:28 PM
I searched high and low for a nice FN-49 in 30-06, and, after I finally got it, I only fed it about 40 rounds before kicking it to the curb. (Sold my 8mm version a few weeks later.)
Sorry, I like the Garand better...

popeye4
05-25-2009, 8:30 PM
Best gun: Schmidt Rubin 1911 (G11) - I was (and still am) amazed with the quality and precision with which the Swiss built this gun. The action seems a tad stiff at first without the magazine inserted but once you load in a full magazine, the straight pull action is faster and almost smoother than my Rem 700 (And I didn't have to pay 300 dollars for a dbm system). The barrel is pristine, you'd think after a hundred years the barrel would show some sign of wear. And last but not least, the trigger breaks cleanly at around 2lbs.

The Swiss never used corrosive primers (ever), so even the old guns have generally good bores. And of course, they are built like Swiss watches......

Vin496
05-25-2009, 8:46 PM
The Swiss never used corrosive primers (ever), so even the old guns have generally good bores. And of course, they are built like Swiss watches......

+1

I have a very expensive AR,AK, FAL and my favorite gun and the one I love to shoot is my K31 I bought from a member here. It is accurate as hell and a blast to shoot. Paid less than $300 for it with bayonet and 80 rounds of ammo.

To be honest I hate shooting my guns in California. The only places out here to go shooting for me without driving hours each way are the ranges.

Shooting at ranges blows. 10 round mag limits blow. I just plain rather wait till I'm out of State than bother with it in California.

berg
05-25-2009, 10:06 PM
I had several different types of AKs back in the 90's. Sold them all because I hate inaccurate guns. Sure they go "bang" every time but it gets boring watching your 6-7 inch shot pattern never improve.

Even though I was impressed with my K31 Schmidt-Rubins, I sold them because I don't like the recoil, and I could never get my reloads to chamber without smacking the bolt handle forward. Swede Mausers are as accurate but more comfortable to shoot.

I was really unimpressed with the Enfield No. 4 mk1 until I learned how to reload .303 and bed the stock properly. Now it's my favorite rifle.

veeklog
05-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Have to be the Sig 229 DAK. I carried a regular 229 DAO for to years for work, and when my agency switched from Glock 19 to the Sig 229, I realized I gave up a gun that I could everything in the five ring to one that I cannot get the trigger. Scores have fallen twenty points at least, and I hate the weight and the crappy trigger feeling. Wish I could go back to my Glock.

supermario
05-25-2009, 10:22 PM
My Saiga.
I was stoked, because it was maybe my 3rd rifle. But after taking it to the range, I was done with it. I have never had another firearm that bored me so.

Really:eek: What caliber was it and maybe you could have had it converted. Believe it or not, my stock Saiga in 762x39 is my favorite rifle to shoot. I really freakin LOVE it. I dont know why but i feel like i could use it to beat the hell out of my and then shoot it flawlessy. My saiga was the cheapes rifle i have ever bought and i was way impressed with it. Oh well to each his own.

supermario
05-25-2009, 10:24 PM
I HAD a Noveske N4 and i was sooo excited to shoot it, then i did, and I was like, thats it:confused: I felt it was wayyyyy overrated. I ended up selling it on here. Besides that my LMT really impressed me. Maybe I will get another Noveske but i will have to be something different.

scotthmt
05-25-2009, 11:18 PM
AR15, .223 just doesn't do it for me.

pullnshoot25
05-26-2009, 9:02 AM
I HAD a Noveske N4 and i was sooo excited to shoot it, then i did, and I was like, thats it:confused: I felt it was wayyyyy overrated. I ended up selling it on here. Besides that my LMT really impressed me. Maybe I will get another Noveske but i will have to be something different.

Not enough lubrication from Virgin's tears? ;)

I laugh everytime I say that line about Cherubim and Virgins in reference to Noveske. :D

supersonic
05-26-2009, 10:29 AM
I can tell you which rifle left me unimpressed about all my previous ones: AR-30 .338LM!:cool:

Sicarius
05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
AL receivered Springfield Arms SAR-8... Thing wouldn't function worth a damn... Wasted money and ammo trying to fix a flawed design.
Kevin

shooting4life
05-26-2009, 1:55 PM
I had a universal m1 carbine from the 70's. I got a good deal on it when I purchased it, it feed semi reliably but it could fire out of battery, learned about that after I bought it on the Internet. I put 50 boring rounds down range and figured I tempted fate enough then put it on gunbroker and made a 100 bucks when it was all said and done.