PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 922 compliance question??????

r8dr rider
05-24-2009, 5:48 PM
If i install a RAA thumbhole stock(w raddlock) on the saiga do I have to play the parts game? If so what do I have to change?

69Mach1
05-24-2009, 5:50 PM
Nope. Thumbhole stocks are not cosidered prohibited features for 925D and 922r. It is an evil feature under CA AW laws.

69Mach1
05-24-2009, 5:55 PM
While we're on the subject of the Saiga thumbhole stock. There is a new adjustible thumbhole stock on the market.
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/productimages/stocks/SAI-STK-EXT-B.jpg

Extendable from 11" to 13-3/4"

tonelar
05-24-2009, 7:22 PM
Interesting how about a pistol grip stock? Saw one for sale where the kid thought the radlock made his Saiga legal with the Tapco stock- I figured it was CA legal that way, but not in regards to 922R, right?

IsaacGlass
05-24-2009, 8:41 PM
Interesting how about a pistol grip stock? Saw one for sale where the kid thought the radlock made his Saiga legal with the Tapco stock- I figured it was CA legal that way, but not in regards to 922R, right?

Correct, he need to do a forward trigger and changed another part. Another interesting thing I been noticing, new sellers with CA Compliant AR and AK are forgetting, when transporting their Firearm to FFL for PPT a 10 round magazine must be in place during transport.

VegasND
05-25-2009, 7:18 AM
...when transporting their Firearm to FFL for PPT a 10 round magazine must be in place during transport.

Please explain--I've never heard it before.

SJgunguy24
05-25-2009, 7:33 AM

Saigas are not imported with pistol grips or pistol gripped stocks. 922r applys only if a foreign made firearm is modified to a configuration that cannot be imported.

Correct, he need to do a forward trigger and changed another part. Another interesting thing I been noticing, new sellers with CA Compliant AR and AK are forgetting, when transporting their Firearm to FFL for PPT a 10 round magazine must be in place during transport.

No not true, to comply with California law the rifle only needs to be equipped with a mag locking device.

SJgunguy24
05-25-2009, 7:35 AM
While we're on the subject of the Saiga thumbhole stock. There is a new adjustible thumbhole stock on the market.
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/productimages/stocks/SAI-STK-EXT-B.jpg

Extendable from 11" to 13-3/4"

This stock is a thumbhole and is a RAA factory item that is avalible in free America.

Spearo
05-25-2009, 7:37 AM
Every time I read this stuff, I feel like pulling my hair out!

These laws are so damn silly. Only some brain dead pipe hitting hippies could come up with this stuff.

r8dr rider
05-25-2009, 6:44 PM
thanks for the info