PDA

View Full Version : Need help before selling SU-16 B

pedro_c111
05-23-2009, 9:18 PM
Hello I need some help,
I have a SU-16 B that I want to sell in order to fund part of my next OLL build. The problem is that its not reliable and I dont want to sell someone an unreliable gun.
The problem with the rifle is it fails to feed maybe once every 15 to 20 rounds, I think this is a common problem with some SU-16's. So what can I do to make this gun reliable enough to sell. Will Kel-Tec fix this issue?

Any input will be appreciated.

walter
05-23-2009, 9:29 PM
if you want to be honest just tell the buyer and if they still want it, then fine

Maddog5150
05-23-2009, 9:49 PM
Kel tec is a lifetime warrenty. I would send it to them first

aplinker
05-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Just to make sure, do you mean it has issues with feeding or extraction? KTs tend to have extraction issues. You can upgrade the extractor & spring, which often helps.

If it's really feeding that's an issue I'd suggest trying different mags.

pedro_c111
05-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Just to make sure, do you mean it has issues with feeding or extraction? KTs tend to have extraction issues. You can upgrade the extractor & spring, which often helps.

If it's really feeding that's an issue I'd suggest trying different mags.

Extraction is ok, the problem is after extraction it fails to feed another round. I have already switched to Bushmaster mags, it did help make the Failure to Feeds less common whowever it still does it.

dmckean44
05-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Just send to back to Kel-tec and get it fixed and then sell it.

IsaacGlass
05-24-2009, 1:56 AM
Hello I need some help,
I have a SU-16 B that I want to sell in order to fund part of my next OLL build. The problem is that its not reliable and I dont want to sell someone an unreliable gun.
The problem with the rifle is it fails to feed maybe once every 15 to 20 rounds, I think this is a common problem with some SU-16's. So what can I do to make this gun reliable enough to sell. Will Kel-Tec fix this issue?

Any input will be appreciated.

You need to search here http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=105

I still have a SU16CA and never had any FTF or FTE issues and have had 950 rounds down the barrel. What kind of ammo are you using?

LB21
05-24-2009, 7:43 AM
Kel-tec has very good customer service so they will more than likely take care of those problems for you. So you can get it fixed (probably for free) and sell for the price you want.

Or you could just tell the buyer that it has problems but they might ask for a lower price (thats what I'd do at least :chris:)

sorensen440
05-24-2009, 7:44 AM
Ive never had any issues with mine after many thousands of rounds

have you tried different magazines ?

REDHORSE
05-24-2009, 7:56 AM
There were two shooters in my squad at Saturdays California Multi-Gun Championship Series 3-gun competition with SU-16s.

Both were having problems during some of the rifle stages. One of the shooters was just using 10 round mags and the other was using GI mags. Looked like a combination of FTE & FTF problems.

DeLaSeoulRZN
05-24-2009, 8:30 AM
i had the same problem on my ca version...the keltec mags are useless. I keep them loaded and stored in the buttstock to add weight. Switched to a 10/20 pmag and problem solved

hellraiser
05-24-2009, 8:50 AM
my didint like factory mags either....

pedro_c111
05-25-2009, 2:39 AM
Yeah, I already switched mags and same issues. I've also tried different ammo and it doesnt make a difference, used American Eagle, Black Hills, and Wolf. I'll probably send it to Kel-tec then so they can fix it.
Thanks for all the Input.