View Full Version : Vector Uzi with 3 markings on trigger

05-23-2009, 7:48 PM
What's the legal status of a semi-auto Vector carbine that has "DES" marked on the lower receiver?

What combination of parts would make the gun illegal from an ATF/CA DOJ perspective? (Assuming the SB-23 and >=16" requirements were accounted for, of course.)

05-23-2009, 9:13 PM
Well... my 1911 says "automatic." I must be going to jail! :eek: ;)

If it can't make the gun shoot auto, nor contribute to make it do so, then it's legal. It does add "color" - you may have to do some verbal cartwheels.

B Strong
05-24-2009, 8:47 AM
UCLA is correct.

Aside from the obvious operational difference between the original full auto Uzi design and the semi-auto carbine (open bolt v. closed bolt) there are differences in the receiver to preclude the simple substitution of the original parts.

As long as the rail is in the receiver and the receiver hasn't been modified, you're gtg.

Vector used "three-position" trigger housings on their carbines from the factory, and it's not an issue with the ATF. How the DOJ BOF views them I don't know, but as long as the selector doesn't go into the third position, I wouldn't worry.

05-24-2009, 11:41 AM
markings and selector positions mean nothing. all aks go into the f/a position. it's between safe and semi. as long as it can't accept f/a parts it's a legal semi.