PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area stores with Su-16CA?

Yute
05-23-2009, 6:13 PM
Silly question but has anyone in the Bay Area seen a new Su-16ca for sale? I'm trying to find one but they seem to be rarer than hen's teeth these days - is there a reason aside from the run of firearms for this?

I've gone to several of my favorite stores along the bay over the past month, with most of them saying they were out and had no idea when they would get the next rifle. One store stated that that "Kel Tecs were plastic junk" and would never deal with them again - awkward because they're listed as a Kel Tec dealer.

I've started to call stores up but again a lot of "not sures" and "call back laters" - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Arteel
05-23-2009, 6:39 PM
Available in San Jose.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=181111

Yute
05-23-2009, 6:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up - will give it a look, but I'm trying to find a new one because of the warranty (only for the first owner) - thanks!!

Arteel
05-23-2009, 6:54 PM
Maybe you can dig something up in here.
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1236191027

JJ1911
05-23-2009, 8:55 PM
if you're considering the Kel Tec, I suggest also checking out the Saiga .223, they fire the same round, and are solid as a rock, in fact probably even more so.

Dragunov
05-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up - will give it a look, but I'm trying to find a new one because of the warranty (only for the first owner) - thanks!!

Doesn't matter if your the original owner or not. Kel-Tec stands behind their products. I have a 16b and like it better in some ways than my AR.

IsaacGlass
05-24-2009, 12:25 AM
if you're considering the Kel Tec, I suggest also checking out the Saiga .223, they fire the same round, and are solid as a rock, in fact probably even more so.

Maybe he wasnt looking for a rock solid 8 plus pound rifle, and instead he was looking for something lightweight and portable for camping and outback hiking?

DeLaSeoulRZN
05-24-2009, 8:56 AM
calguns is probably your best bet as they pop up relatively frequently. i had the same problem, but picked up a used CA and never fired B model here on this site. you could also try GB or some of the online sites if NIB is that important to you.

Make sure you get some pmags (or whatever your preference is) to run through it as the oem mags are junk.

OliveDrab
05-24-2009, 9:40 AM
try turners? if theres one out there. my dad got his from turners

zaitcev
05-24-2009, 3:58 PM
Irvington is your only hope. Try to cultivate relationship with them, and get on their waiting list.

Other than that, gunbrocker.com.

-- Pete