PDA

View Full Version : SB23 AW + Bullet Button

vandal
05-22-2009, 9:26 PM
I have a registered SB23 assault weapon, an early PWA commando.

One thing I really object to is the transport restrictions for assault weapons. Only to/from ranges that allow AW's, or private property with the owner's expressed permission.

I have read that CADOJ opines that you can remove evil features from a SB23 "features" assault weapon and send it out of state for repair, sell it, etc even though it remains registered as an assault weapon.

What if I were to install one of the Prince 50 with Freelock kits, and leave the Freelock installed when I'm home or on my way to/from the range? If I wanted to shoot on public land etc I could remove the freelock. Kind of the opposite of what OLL shooters do I guess.

Or for the sake of clarity, since it is still a registered AW would I be better off just using another receiver when I want to run in Non-AW, "bullet button" mode on public land etc?

FEDUPWBS
05-22-2009, 9:31 PM
Its still a registered AW no matter what you bolt on to it.

hoffmang
05-22-2009, 9:42 PM
The BB would likely take you out of AW status, but its so much cheaper and easier to just own an OLL w/ a BB compared to what it would cost to educate a LEA and a DA.

-Gene

soopafly
05-22-2009, 9:43 PM
Or for the sake of clarity, since it is still a registered AW would I be better off just using another receiver when I want to run in Non-AW, "bullet button" mode on public land etc?
Yes

bwiese
05-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Break it down.

Several of my ARs are Cat 3 reg'd AWs because they're happily 'off-list'. I break 'em down & separate upper(s) from lower(s) before transport.

markw
05-23-2009, 7:50 AM
If it's listed, get an OLL and use the parts on it with a bullet button. Cold war shooters seems to have a decent selection in stock right now.