PDA

View Full Version : “Army Surveillance of Civilians” (1972)

ChuckBooty
05-22-2009, 2:04 PM
May not exactly be a 2A article....but this may apply if/when Obama decides to make his move and the confiscation begins (or doesn't begin).

“Army Surveillance of Civilians” (1972)

By Russ Kick at 5 May, 2009, 12:22 pm

“Army Surveillance of Civilians: A Documentary Analysis” by the Subcommittee on Constitutional Rights, Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate (1972). Posted online by The Memory Hole. (Thanks to Susan Maret, coeditor of Government Secrecy: Classic and Contemporary Readings.)

Click here to download the report [PDF | 9 meg | 104 pp] (http://thememoryhole.org/mil/senate-judiciary_army-surveillance-civilians.pdf)

Background info from the report’s preface:

“The following report by the Subcommittee staff analyzes certain computer print-outs and publications generated in the course of the Army’s domestic intelligence program.”

“The overwhelming majority of the reports pertain to the peaceful activites of nonviolent citizens lawfully exercising their constitutional rights of speech, press, religion, association, and petition.”

katphood
05-22-2009, 10:22 PM
It won't begin.

JerryM
05-23-2009, 2:20 AM
There is this little thing called "intelligence oversight".

Executive Order 12333.

Read up on it if you like. It delineates and limits military personnel's intelligence activities in CONUS.

packnrat
05-23-2009, 6:01 AM
The gov has been spying on us for years.
In one way or the other.

ChuckBooty
05-23-2009, 6:16 AM
There is this little thing called "intelligence oversight".

Executive Order 12333.

Read up on it if you like. It delineates and limits military personnel's intelligence activities in CONUS.

I know this. But there was just the story recently about Active Duty troops out of Ft Rucker being used to help look for a murderer.

Also, MARINES in San Bernardino are sometimes used to assist police in DUI checkpoints.

I mean...there's also a little thing called the SECOND AMENDMENT. You see how well the government abides by that....:rolleyes:

JerryM
05-24-2009, 3:25 AM
LOL. You got me there. There was a little fiasco a couple of years ago in Sacramento in which a mil unit was accused of domestic espionage. Nothing came of it, but people are tracking.

Given the right circumstances, the Posse Commitatus could be circumvented, but that's a time I don't want to see.