PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Complete Larue Tactical AR-15???

Teeznutz
05-22-2009, 8:00 AM
Recommended?? Where does it rank in comparison to Noveske, RRA, CMMG, Stag (performance, reliability, value)? What is the price value on these?

Thanks!

aplinker
05-22-2009, 3:44 PM
These questions are a bit silly... you're basically asking, "what's better, a Ford, a Toyota or a Honda?" without actually specifying a model.

You should start with rob_s 's chart from m4carbine.net, to get a handle on what actually varies. Otherwise you're just asking for baseless opinions.

Larue rolls all their uppers with stainless barrels. Noveske makes probably the nicest cro-moly barrel out there (the RECCE).

Rail systems, improved uppers (VLTOR for Nov and billet Larue) and options also play into it. Both are significantly nicer than a typical Stag or CMMG.

Value-wise? BCM rules the day, with LMT in next (since they don't do a mid-length). CMMG follows. Stag does too much "wrong," IMHO, so I'd rather spend a bit more for the BCM. Noveske's RECCE series is a good value, considering its parts selection.

It's your money and your rifle, so you'll need to decide.

Lastly, Since ML is on CG now... I'll quote stickman, since ML likes to get his feathers ruffled... "Larue has nothing that compares to Noveske." ;)

brokestudent12
05-22-2009, 3:57 PM
"Larue has nothing that compares to Noveske." ;)

Can't deny the truth.

Sniper3142
05-22-2009, 6:11 PM

I don't know about that.

The Larue Stealth rifles are Might Fine pieces of work.

;)

I guess it depends on which you want more... Looks or Performance.

:)

[Flame Suit On]

fliparch
05-22-2009, 6:12 PM
:popcorn:

Teeznutz
05-22-2009, 6:33 PM
Great insight fellas. Performance, looks, price is always valued here. I'd rank Noveske #1 and Larue not too far behind.

SubstanceP
05-22-2009, 6:51 PM

:rofl2: I do wish Mark LaRue would take you up on that!

Being the ulitmate internet commando, I should be able to settle the LaRue/Noveske/LMT issue once and for all.

Bottom line? My Noveske Light basic middy outshoots my LMT as far as accuracy is concerned.

Now that I have my LaRue Stealth in hand, ( :thumbsup: ) I will do a side by side test of all three beauties and see who rules.

My gut tells me LaRue will rule. This upper is just too sexy.

BTW, internet commandos rule. :punk:

Teeznutz
05-22-2009, 8:33 PM

Being the ulitmate internet commando, I should be able to settle the LaRue/Noveske/LMT issue once and for all.

Bottom line? My Noveske Light basic middy outshoots my LMT as far as accuracy is concerned.

Now that I have my LaRue Stealth in hand, ( :thumbsup: ) I will do a side by side test of all three beauties and see who rules.

Bring on the pics!!

CRTguns
05-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Recommended?? Where does it rank in comparison to Noveske, RRA, CMMG, Stag (performance, reliability, value)? What is the price value on these?

Thanks!

Psst... They're all made out of the same stuff- from uppers made in the same places and lowers manufactured by the same companies.

yer best bet is just to get whatever's available. Dont shop around for the alleged "best brand" There are 3 types of AR-

1. cheap entry brands (hobby shooter) dalphon, M1S, M&A Sherluck, etc... all from good components, but maybe not selected for fit or consistency.
2. middle road (dedicated and discerning shooter)- CMMG, RRA, Stag, DPMS, Bush, LMT,POF, etc..
3. Super grade (professional life and death applications) Noveske, JP, LWRC, HK, etc.

RGR1/75
05-23-2009, 6:44 AM

How's that test coming along Substance?

bombadillo
05-23-2009, 7:06 AM
MMMMMMMMM JP!!!!

a1fabweld
05-23-2009, 7:34 AM
I'm with UCLA. Plus, I would rather spend my money with a company who appreciates it. I'll NEVER beg someone to take my cash. It should be the other way around. Just too much drama in the Larue soap opera for me.

Omega13device
05-23-2009, 9:22 AM
Yes Larue makes good stuff. But it's the singer not the song. Focus less on what gear you're carrying and more on getting proficient with it.

FWIW the "complete rifle" concept doesn't really apply to ARs. Any decent lower is as good as the next so what counts is putting together the rest of the components in such a way that they meet your objective. A long-range precision setup will likely be quite different from a run-and-gun fighting carbine.

J_Rock
05-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Been there done that. Had a Larue upper and sold it. :cool2:

Arteel
05-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Care to elaborate?

Been there done that. Had a Larue upper and sold it. :cool2:

krushem2000
05-23-2009, 3:51 PM
Have both larue and noveske upper and both are :thumbsup::thumbsup:. Parts looks very similar except the brand stamp on upper. One day maybe I will have Mark Larue hold my larue rifle for photo opportunity and Sheri hold my noveske for once (maybe I'll frame her picture and rifle on wall at home). But way market is going now I doubt it so I can wait until it calms down. Either way they're a great product and what you pay for it is what you get compared to lower priced ones.

trinydex
05-23-2009, 4:19 PM
Psst... They're all made out of the same stuff- from uppers made in the same places and lowers manufactured by the same companies.

yer best bet is just to get whatever's available. Dont shop around for the alleged "best brand" There are 3 types of AR-

1. cheap entry brands (hobby shooter) dalphon, M1S, M&A Sherluck, etc... all from good components, but maybe not selected for fit or consistency.
2. middle road (dedicated and discerning shooter)- CMMG, RRA, Stag, DPMS, Bush, LMT,POF, etc..
3. Super grade (professional life and death applications) Noveske, JP, LWRC, HK, etc.

you may have been right about any other comparison, but aren't larue uppers and lowers cut in house?

paladin4415
05-23-2009, 4:45 PM
you may have been right about any other comparison, but aren't larue uppers and lowers cut in house?

LaRue uppers are made in house from billet, not forgings. LaRue lowers are made from billet by SMOS for LaRue.

Jicko
05-23-2009, 4:48 PM
how about my COLT!?

la la la la la la la....

it is not the prettiest.... BUT it works... and many lives are depending on them daily....

-3. Super grade (professional life and death applications) Noveske, JP, LWRC, HK, etc.

You missed the obvious...... Colt and KAC.... lol .... or maybe they are a league of their own... category 4... "Real world" grade....

Teeznutz
05-24-2009, 7:12 AM
Whats the going rate on a complete Larue tactical AR 15?

Jicko
05-24-2009, 7:36 AM
Whats the going rate on a complete Larue tactical AR 15?

1) u cannot buy a Larue lower directly from Larue....

2) you seldom see Larue rifle on for sale forum...

3) depends on what it has but it should cost about $2k.... ($1200 upper, $250 iron sights, $250 lower, $200 LPK & stock).... but this is NOT the "going rate"... since you cannot find one easily... if you have someone out of CA who is willing to go thru the trouble for you to order it, wait on it, build it and send it in for you.... $2k... sounds about right...

Teeznutz
05-24-2009, 9:52 AM
Thanks JR......I'm on the prowl........Esp with my N6 build on permanent hold...

Sniper3142
05-24-2009, 3:54 PM
1) u cannot buy a Larue lower directly from Larue....

Actually, didn't Mark Larue just begin selling his lowers in California???

;)

Jwood562
05-24-2009, 4:46 PM
Actually, didn't Mark Larue just begin selling his lowers in California???

;)

where and when. I want proof (and not a 2 month wait haha)