PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a SCAR?

cseabass
05-21-2009, 4:40 PM
im about to pick one up along with the other i have on preorder... so, im wondering what people who have played with them think?

xm177
05-21-2009, 4:47 PM
are there any maglocks for the SCAR yet?

Dirtbiker
05-21-2009, 4:48 PM
Are you picking these up in Ca? If so do they use a standard BB like any other AR?

Nessal
05-21-2009, 4:54 PM
Hey Ian how much are they running?

munkeeboi
05-21-2009, 4:56 PM
they have an ambi mag release so a single BB wouldn't work...Plus...it's about 29" so it needs a barrel extension or pinned stock.

Addax
05-21-2009, 5:01 PM
A buddy of mine out in Georgia has a couple he was selling, and I almost pulled the trigger on one, but decided to wait until a mag lock device is available for it.

I already have a long comp ready for it.

I have only handled a couple at SHOT, but never shot one yet.

cseabass
05-21-2009, 5:02 PM
sigh... guys c'mon:p
we arnt selling them, im buying one at a high price for me.

as for a mag release i have no idea... it may nevr get one... who knows. it may just sit in pieces.

im just trying to get some input from those who have fired them.

what did it feel like at shot?

sturdy or crap? please be honest.

PIRATE14
05-21-2009, 5:21 PM

as for a mag release i have no idea... it may nevr get one... who knows. it may just sit in pieces.

We've sold a few in CA already.......ready to shoot.....

I haven't taken my out yet.....I'll try it out this weekend and let ya know....

cmace22
05-21-2009, 5:22 PM
It really cant be that hard to make a BB or mag lock for it. I wish i could help you out but I cant. I know if i had money to burn I'd be all over it.

Addax
05-21-2009, 6:04 PM

If it were crap, I would not be wanting to purchase one.

It is a little bulky, but it oddly feels good/right when you handle it.

That is why I am waiting for mag lock, because I don't want to buy one and have it sit in pieces for a long time.

Addax
05-21-2009, 6:05 PM
We've sold a few in CA already.......ready to shoot.....

I haven't taken my out yet.....I'll try it out this weekend and let ya know....

Hector, do you have a mag lock kit for them?

Btw, I called you left a vm the other day about meeting you up at the Highland shop...

Teeznutz
05-21-2009, 6:08 PM
I'm waiting for the SCAR H....308 version. Too much for another .223.

dchang0
05-21-2009, 6:11 PM
Couldn't you just disable the gas piston for now and shoot it as a single-shot till a maglock is made for it? If you do get one, please consider bringing it to Raddlock to have them design a lock for it.

Mark One
05-21-2009, 7:06 PM
How much are they running now? GB inst showing anything...

dcaspino
05-21-2009, 7:09 PM
I bleive it was $5600 at the ontario show. Midwest Hunter Supply has it for $5999.

Social Casualty
05-21-2009, 7:51 PM
MSRP as for now is around 2899.00 but theirs tons of price gouging fellow Americans out there trying and getting 3000+ for them. I picked one up back in Jan. for about 2800 OTD from a local shop here in AZ.

This past weekend I attended the NRA expo in Phoenix, after I stopped at a shop in Scottsdale that had 4 on the wall selling for 2899.00 that was Friday, by closing they all sold.

As for the 17s SCAR Heavy it is scheduled to go into civi production Dec. this year and hit the stores by second quarter 2010 but of course if government orders are not filled by then civi production will be pushed back.

Seesm
05-21-2009, 9:05 PM
We have a full machine shop I suspect we can get (2) bullet buttons fitted up and make her legal as all legal is.

Mark One
05-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Well for 2800 I might get one of the SCAR's instead of building a new AR-15.

scootergmc
05-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I shot both the L and H at the FN shoot at SHOT '08. The stock feels cheap and has a side to side wobble to it. The L jammed up due to the magazine. For the price, I'm not impressed.

dexter9659
05-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Handled a SCAR in 556 and 762... was not a fan in the least bit. Bulky as all get and felt like mediocre plastic. There was quite a bit of play everywhere in the rifle as scooter stated. For the price I would buy something or somethings else.

Richy
05-22-2009, 12:12 AM
How much are they running now? GB inst showing anything...

I picked one up for 3600 shipped. Sitting at my home in Florida so haven't had a chance to beat it up yet. Going home this weekend so I'll be playing with that and the shrike finally.

Toolbox X
05-22-2009, 8:03 AM
As soon as I get one I will design and make a BB for it using the Bridgeport in my garage. I'll also make one for anyone who can link me to a good price on a SCAR.

In the past month the street price has fallen from 5K to $3500. As soon as the next shipment hits dealers I believe the price will fall down to MSRP +/-.

PIRATE14
05-22-2009, 8:49 AM
As soon as I get one I will design and make a BB for it using the Bridgeport in my garage. I'll also make one for anyone who can link me to a good price on a SCAR.

In the past month the street price has fallen from 5K to $3500. As soon as the next shipment hits dealers I believe the price will fall down to MSRP +/-.

There are about 3000 SCARs for this year......summer time prices drop and go back up as the numbers dwindle.....

Nxt yrs SCARs should be made in the US and in hgiher numbers but won't be the imports....

We are making the BBs one by one and might go into production shortly......it's the same as the one for the FAR-308s....or pretty close...

Just pin the stock or make it longer and you'll be good ta go.....

SCARs won't replace all my ARs but it is another nice machine.....

Guys that buy SCAR-Ls from us will be first in line for the Heavies....

Toolbox X
05-22-2009, 9:22 AM
Guys that buy SCAR-Ls from us will be first in line for the Heavies....

What is your price on the SCAR-L?