View Full Version : how to make AK-74 side folder not fold?

05-21-2009, 1:42 PM
I really want to get an AK-74 guys, really bad. Haha. But I want a side folder. Is there any non permanent way of making the side folding stock not fold? I know you can weld it up, but I want to be able to convert it if I move or if we win here in cali. If not I think I will just get a hose tie and mount the bayo and then tighten the hose tie down around the bayo to meet OAL requirments.

05-21-2009, 1:55 PM
I used a cut piece of brass pipe. I'm not sure how to describe it right now but it made a bushing that took the place of the spring then I used a big cottier pin to hold it in place.

Almost as cheap as the 3 pennies I used to fix my Tantal stock. I'm surpised that isn't talked about more often :)

05-21-2009, 1:59 PM
Pin the folding stock open. There's a specific way you can do that won't result it being pinned open in a irreversible manner but I'm not sure what exactly it is. The modification along with PG removal or magazine lock installation will need to occur outside of CA prior to the rifle being shipped into CA.

05-21-2009, 2:07 PM
I have a kit I sell for the ak74 side folders. No permant mods. Just install. 15.00 shipped. Have sold a bunch to calgun members.

05-21-2009, 2:08 PM
Alright. Thanks guys. I might go with a tantal, but either way this is gonna be a flat build so I will mad it before the receiver goes on. I love the 74 look but the tantals are way cheaper