PDA

View Full Version : Video: Browning 1919A4 with crankfire

okfirearms
05-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Just shot this vid over the weekend with my AA 1919a4 Browning running an Emory Jones v.2 crankfire. Fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVvJDsuWtnI&feature=channel_page

xxdabroxx
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
may be putting my foot in my mouth, but "high capacity ammunition feeding device"? Or, not in PRK?

ke6guj
05-21-2009, 1:00 PM
assuming Oklahoma by the username. (yes, based on previous posts, OP appears to be an okie :D )

Otherwise, yes, "large-capacity magazine" and "multiburst trigger activator" would both be issues if in CA.

xxdabroxx
05-21-2009, 1:04 PM
i thought the trigger thing was cool so long as it was manually operated. I have seen the Gatling gun 10/22's before but had not looked into the legality here. I saw OK and thought Oakland.

What are these free people doing on our forums anyways, dont they know how much it hurts us to see what its like to be free?

ke6guj
05-21-2009, 1:09 PM
i thought the trigger thing was cool so long as it was manually operated. I have seen the Gatling gun 10/22's before but had not looked into the legality here.

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses ...., any multiburst trigger activator,

(c)(23) As used in this section, a "multiburst trigger activator" means one of the following devices:
(A) A device designed or redesigned to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm which allows the firearm to discharge two or more shots in a burst by activating the device.
(B) A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed and designed so that when attached to a semiautomatic firearm it increases the rate of fire of that firearm. ...

xxdabroxx
05-21-2009, 1:13 PM
good thing my finger doesnt count as a device. :gasp:

thefurball
05-21-2009, 1:30 PM
Looks like fun, but not in the PRK naturally.

Which is exactly why my retirement property is located in the Free State of Kansas.

aermotor
05-21-2009, 1:33 PM
Pretty cool, no eye protection though?

NeoWeird
05-21-2009, 3:47 PM
I wonder how many people take the crank wheels off and use an electric drill chucked on the crank's mandrel....

oh noes felony'D... but you know people have tried it.

NDFMF
05-21-2009, 4:02 PM
Pretty dumb. Yeah, dumb that they screw us out of all the cool toys in PRK!

Looks like fun! :gunsmilie:

okfirearms
05-21-2009, 5:29 PM
Yes, I am in Oklahoma--land of the "no restrictions on fun firearms", but a lot of my friends live in Kommunist Kountry with you guys. Maybe I can get you all to move out here--we have lots of wide open spaces and beautiful girls . . . LOL

As for the lack of eye protection in the vid, OOPS! I had my glasses in my range bag but got too excited and forgot to retreive them. Good thing I didn't have any case separations or blown top covers . . .

NeoWeird
05-21-2009, 6:17 PM
As for the lack of eye protection in the vid, OOPS! I had my glasses in my range bag but got too excited and forgot to retreive them. Good thing I didn't have any case separations or blown top covers . . .

The correct answer is "I'd wear them, but they get so gunked up when I shoot that I figure 'why bother?'..."

GMG
05-21-2009, 6:50 PM
Can you imagine how many $ went down the pipe in that shoot!:eek:

Wyseguy
05-21-2009, 7:00 PM
Can you imagine how many $ went down the pipe in that shoot!:eek:

Yeah, I totally agree. But it looks fun!

Turbinator
05-21-2009, 8:30 PM
The correct answer is "I'd wear them, but they get so gunked up when I shoot that I figure 'why bother?'..."

Or - I've had so many blown cases that the lenses were cracked, and I couldn't see, so I just leave 'em off now. :)

Turby

okfirearms
05-22-2009, 6:01 AM
Or - I've had so many blown cases that the lenses were cracked, and I couldn't see, so I just leave 'em off now. :)

Turby

Why lie? I just forgot. And yes, the dollar signs were flying around in my head, that's why I'm converting to 8mm.

Darklyte27
05-22-2009, 6:24 AM
neat

CSACANNONEER
05-22-2009, 6:26 AM
assuming Oklahoma by the username. (yes, based on previous posts, OP appears to be an okie :D )

Otherwise, yes, "large-capacity magazine" and "multiburst trigger activator" would both be issues if in CA.

So what? I use my "owned before 1-1-2000" belts with my 1919. I have 250 round belts and they are perfectly legal to use here in Ca. If you want to see me use one, all you have to do is donate 250 rounds of .308 to me. The "multiburst trigger activator" is another story though.

DRH
05-22-2009, 6:46 AM
Emory's cranks are sweet, I wish I could own one in California. Stock up on 8mm now before it goes the way of .308 or 30-06. Aim still has the Romanian for .26 cents shipped and the tins come in the wood crates.

okfirearms
05-22-2009, 8:55 AM
So what? I use my "owned before 1-1-2000" belts with my 1919. I have 250 round belts and they are perfectly legal to use here in Ca. If you want to see me use one, all you have to do is donate 250 rounds of .308 to me. The "multiburst trigger activator" is another story though.

We should start a "Donate Ammo to Hungry 1919's" charity . . . feed the "children", as it were.

NeoWeird
05-22-2009, 9:56 PM
We should start a "Donate Ammo to Hungry 1919's" charity . . . feed the "children", as it were.

I kinda act like a child, do I qualify? Or should I say...

"kai u gievs meh allz da ammoz plz. Srsly, allz meh ammo is teh gonez."