PDA

View Full Version : Sr-25 compatable uppers

FLIGHT762
05-21-2009, 8:46 AM
Is there an after market .308 upper that will fit an SR-25 lower? I have a registered SR-25 match rifle. I would like to get a 18" lightweight carbine upper but, I've found all of the DPMS / style magazine model uppers will not fit the SR-25 lower. It would be nice to have another upper.

If anyone knows a smith that specializes in this, let me know.

Thanks.

Jpach
05-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Isnt the SR-25 an Armalite patterned rifle that just takes SR-25 mags? If so, you should be able to get an armalite upper and get the "shelves" milled out so that the SR-25 mags will work.

***I am not claiming that the SR-25 receivers are built to Armalite Specs, just that I remember reading that they are***

C.G.
05-21-2009, 5:06 PM
Isnt the SR-25 an Armalite patterned rifle that just takes SR-25 mags? If so, you should be able to get an armalite upper and get the "shelves" milled out so that the SR-25 mags will work.

***I am not claiming that the SR-25 receivers are built to Armalite Specs, just that I remember reading that they are***

What he said. You can also buy an SR-25 A-2 upper receiver from Armalite (in the sale section) and build it yourself. No A-4 uppers, however.