PDA

View Full Version : 922(r) compliant Saiga question

Broken Truth
05-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Greetings Calgunners! Im a long time reader but first time poster. I did some searching, but still came up empty on this question: can I use American made 5 or 10 round Surefire magazines on my RAA Saiga and still stay 922(r) compliant? From my understanding, using a standard capacity magazine does not change the "sporting purpose" of the rifle, but I just wanted to double check. Also, would swapping out the furniture trigger 922 if I still use a monte carlo stock (i.e. no conversion)? Thanks in advance!

SR-60
05-21-2009, 6:34 AM
From what I have gathered at the Saiga-12 forums, if you were to add a pistol grip or attach a magazine of more than 10 rounds, you would have to play the 922r game. You should be OK with a 10 round or less US-made mag or if you swap out furniture (even if the furniture is foreign made).

djleisure
05-21-2009, 8:46 AM
From what I have gathered at the Saiga-12 forums, if you were to add a pistol grip or attach a magazine of more than 10 rounds, you would have to play the 922r game. You should be OK with a 10 round or less US-made mag or if you swap out furniture (even if the furniture is foreign made).

Assuming you are referring to a Saiga rifle and not the shotgun, then yes, this is correct - the gun is still a "sporting purpose" gun. If you are talking about the shotgun (S-12) then any magazine over 5 rounds would trigger 922r compliance. I know this is the "rifle forum" you are posting in, but I'm just clarifying this because people always post S-12 questions in here.

Broken Truth
05-21-2009, 8:58 AM
Yes, I am referring to the 7.62 rifle variant. Thanks for the replies!