PDA

View Full Version : Glock recoil control

BayAreaTactical
05-20-2009, 2:46 PM
Has anyone fitted there glock with a new guide rod or buffer pad? Is it worth it ? im running out of mod that i can do to my glock so I'm entertaining new ideas

Black Majik
05-20-2009, 2:55 PM
Forget all those recoil reducers and stuff. If you want to change out your recoil spring setup, look into a tungsten guide rod.

Non captured, so you can play around with spring weights. It'll change your timing which can affect recoil characteristics.

However, even with a tungsten guide rod on my G34 there was only a minimal difference in muzzle flip.

l8apex
I've shot one with it, no difference to me.

dchang0
Buy a different gun and start modding that!

BamBam-31
05-20-2009, 2:57 PM
Best recoil control for a Glock, IMHO, is generous amounts of grip tape and a good high thumbs hold.

CaptainGlock
05-20-2009, 5:01 PM
Has anyone fitted there glock with a new guide rod or buffer pad? Is it worth it ? im running out of mod that i can do to my glock so I'm entertaining new ideas

"Buffer pad" in a Glock? Forget it! And all my Glocks have stock recoil spring assemblies. They work.

cal3gunner
05-20-2009, 5:01 PM
I changed my recoil rod to an uncaptured stainless steel one. I don't think it made much of a differnce because of the weight. Changing the recoil spring to a lighter power one really helped, but then again I'm shooing Minor reloads.

If you want something to do, stipple your grip and change the grip angle. That really helps to control the gun.

Lets see some pics of your gun now

cal3gunner
05-20-2009, 5:03 PM
do you reload? If you are shooting only factory ammo, its kind of a waste to change the recoil rod and spring.

B Strong
05-20-2009, 5:13 PM

No need to fool with the Glock recoil system.

Any decrease in recoil would probably come with a potential decrease in reliability.

Doheny
05-20-2009, 5:15 PM
I'm guessing you shoot a .40?

zrock
05-20-2009, 5:15 PM
I think the g34/17 shoot better with warm to hot loads . Good factory loads make that dude fly. Leave it stock and there will be less to worry about.

APNF128
05-20-2009, 5:36 PM
I totally agree to all the guys who advice you not to change the Glock recoil system. My question to you is why would you change something that works 100% all the time. I have G-17 Gen-1 (pure Austrian made) not hybrid glock that I purchased in late 80's and has already thousands of rounds thru the barrel still has the original recoil system.

cal3gunner
05-20-2009, 5:58 PM
If you are shooting reduced power reloads, you need to change the spring to keep the gun from short stroking and jamming. Its easier to change springs when you have an uncaptured guide rod. You can tune the ammo load and spring to make the gun shoot super soft.

When I'm shooting light powered reloads, I use the steel recoil rod with a lighter power spring. When I'm shooting factory ammo, I throw the factory set up in. It only takes a few seconds.