PDA

View Full Version : I got a letter back from my Assembly rep about AB962!

BTF/PTM
05-20-2009, 1:46 PM
A couple days before AB926 (restriction of private transfer of handgun ammo to 50 rounds per month), I wrote to my local Assembly rep, Marty Block via his web page. I was quite surprised when I got a letter mailed to me on official letterhead. Fortunately, Block is not part of the committee that drafted this ridiculous bill, and the letter stated that he would watch the status and report back (in much more eloquent terms, of course). I'm really impressed, I did not expect any kind of professional reply. Write your reps, folks, they *do* get your messages and if you're well spoken and professional they'll listen.

By the way, I know the bill was never addressed on the day it was scheduled, does anyone know if it's still up for debate later?

Librarian
05-20-2009, 3:38 PM
By the way, I know the bill was never addressed on the day it was scheduled, does anyone know if it's still up for debate later?

It can be - it's on the 'suspense file', and can come off for a vote.

According to today's Daily File, it was not scheduled to be heard today.

soundwave
05-20-2009, 5:23 PM
It can be - it's on the 'suspense file', and can come off for a vote.

According to today's Daily File, it was not scheduled to be heard today.

Ditto for last Wednesday.

Chunky_lover
08-12-2009, 2:56 PM
Just got the letter today in the mail, I panicked and just ordered more ammo online

Nose Nuggets
08-12-2009, 4:35 PM
Did he actually write you a response or did you get a pre-generated response from his secreter?

piglith
08-12-2009, 5:57 PM
Not looking good. The status of this bill has been updated 7/24/09

http://info.sen.ca.gov/cgi-bin/pagequery?type=sen_bilinfo&site=sen&title=Bill+Information

Put: in search AB 962

bomb_on_bus
08-12-2009, 6:01 PM
well its the middle of the week and no movement on the bill which is better then it getting voted in. Hopefully this will not be voted in any time soon. But hey its CA and we have a great running history of screwing the pooch.

curtisfong
08-12-2009, 7:04 PM
Not looking good. The status of this bill has been updated 7/24/09

http://info.sen.ca.gov/cgi-bin/pagequery?type=sen_bilinfo&site=sen&title=Bill+Information

Put: in search AB 962

I'm not sure I understand your post. What has changed? It went into suspense 7/24.

Cnynrat
08-12-2009, 7:15 PM
It will be a few weeks before the suspense file is taken up.

They only have about 2-1/2 weeks (until August 28th) to get this out of suspense and pass it out of the appropriations committee or it dies.

Nxd9ar15xcrL
08-12-2009, 7:24 PM
They only have about 2-1/2 weeks (until August 28th) to get this out of suspense and pass it out of the appropriations committee or it dies.

Let us hope that is what happens........