PDA

View Full Version : C-Products Mags Are Garbage?

MasterYong
05-20-2009, 11:28 AM
I admit, I didn't do much research before I made a purchase, but I recently bought two C-Products ten rounds magazines for my AR-15 build from Addax Tactical.

Neither magazines fit. At all. In any way. The bodies are too large to fit in the mag wells of any of the lowers that I own (5 total). I double-checked, they are .223 caliber mags made for ARs (my first thought was I had ordered the wrong mags).

Is this typical of C-Products? I've heard their name tossed around a lot before but I couldn't remember if the reviews were good, bad, or mixed.

I know this is the mags and not the lowers or anything like that as 3 other brands of mags fit just fine. In fact, the C-Products mags are two different sizes themselves! When you compare one to the other as far as trying to get them in the mag well, one will fit with a little muscle but will not lock into place, and the other will not fit at all. This isn't just a little rubbing, they're completely out of spec!

I plan on emailing Addax as well to see if there is anything they can do. I know that they don't make the mags, in fact my experience with Addax Tactical has been fantastic (three orders perfect now), but I wasn't sure if they were capable of replacing them and mailing the crappy ones back to C-Products, or if it's even worth trying to get replacements if all of C-Products, uh, products are so poorly manufactured.

zcktomcat
05-20-2009, 11:30 AM
my C-products mags fit just fine in the mag well.

Fate
05-20-2009, 11:39 AM
What brand(s) are your lowers?

djleisure
05-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Hmm... that's strange. My C-Products mags work just fine and I've only heard good things about them. I would let Addax know about it - I'm guessing they would be willing to help you out.

Bruce3
05-20-2009, 11:42 AM
i have a 10 round C mag thats been working flawless in my ar, must of put 1k of rounds through it.

MasterYong
05-20-2009, 11:49 AM
See and that's what I thought. I see C-Products mags everywhere and I didn't get how they could be so prevalent if they weren't of at least decent quality. I was sure they had to be decent mags. I've tried several other brands of magazines and they all fit fine.

The brand of lowers are Desert Ordinance, Stag, and Kaiser (Mostly Desert Ord).

I'm certain it's not the lowers, as I've tried different brands, and every other brand of magazine I've tried to insert in the lowers fits just fine. Guess I'll send Addax an email.

bluthandwerk
05-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I've got a number of C-Prod 10 rounders that work just fine in a variety of different lowers. Maybe you got a bad batch?

Some of my lowers have more forgiving magwells than others, and I have a little trouble with some of my Pmag bodies dropping freely, but no problems with the C-prods.

MasterYong
05-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I've got a number of C-Prod 10 rounders that work just fine in a variety of different lowers. Maybe you got a bad batch?

Some of my lowers have more forgiving magwells than others, and I have a little trouble with some of my Pmag bodies dropping freely, but no problems with the C-prods.

Ironically, what I have the most of is Pmag 10/20 mags, and they all fit fine! :)

Mozzetti
05-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Some of mine are tight as well. Some are good some are not all that great. I have a lot of them to compare and in all the different calibers that go on an AR. I am not really digging Stainless Steel. I think they are more bendable than the aluminum mags, thus some are wider than others.

I have some 6.5 grendel mags that are completely horrible with the bottom sides bulging out near the plate exposing the spring.

Quality control is bad right now with them. They are pumping them out way too fast. They out to at least test them in lowers before shipping them. The used to be decent.

Return them. They have a lifetime warranty that Addax should be able to take care of. I am not sure how your new ones will turn out though.

bluthandwerk
05-20-2009, 11:59 AM
If your P-mags fit, then it's almost certainly something with those C-prods you have. All my metal body mags are smaller than my polymer ones (not by much, but it's noticeable).

Good luck with getting them fixed/replaced.

Addax
05-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Is the magazine bulged out on the sides?

Please give us a call to discuss, and we will do what we can to help.

Thanks,
Chris

Addax
05-20-2009, 12:12 PM
See and that's what I thought. I see C-Products mags everywhere and I didn't get how they could be so prevalent if they weren't of at least decent quality. I was sure they had to be decent mags. I've tried several other brands of magazines and they all fit fine.

The brand of lowers are Desert Ordinance, Stag, and Kaiser (Mostly Desert Ord).

I'm certain it's not the lowers, as I've tried different brands, and every other brand of magazine I've tried to insert in the lowers fits just fine. Guess I'll send Addax an email.

Every manufacturer has issues, even the best of the best are not immune to product issues.

It could be you just ran into a bad mag, and we will help to get that taken care of.

Btw, I use C-Products mags in 5.56, 6.8 and 6.5G, and they all work great on my lowers.

Mozzetti
05-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Typically the problem with CProducts mags are seen in their 20 round mag bodies in any caliber (5.56mm, 6.8 SPC, and 6.5 Grendel), but not on the curved 30 rounders and 10/10 round mags. Something is wrong with the design and strength of the metal.

Addax really takes care of their customers as shown right here. Great guys for all all of us to support and they are in CA which is icing on the cake. :)

domokun
05-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I've got a pile of C-Products mags. They all work great without issues.

wash
05-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I have a few C-Products 10-10's and several D&H.

They all work fine, but the D&H do not feel as solid.

I put Magpul ranger floor plates and anti-tilt followers in all of them and I had to trim the follower in the C-Products for them to hold 10 rounds. That's the only functional difference I have seen.

neomentat
05-20-2009, 12:26 PM
why do people confuse "sight" and "site" SO MUCH on this board?????

IsaacGlass
05-20-2009, 12:28 PM
I admit, I didn't do much research before I made a purchase, but I recently bought two C-Products ten rounds magazines for my AR-15 build from Addax Tactical.

Neither magazines fit. At all. In any way. The bodies are too large to fit in the mag wells of any of the lowers that I own (5 total). I double-checked, they are .223 caliber mags made for ARs (my first thought was I had ordered the wrong mags).

Is this typical of C-Products? I've heard their name tossed around a lot before but I couldn't remember if the reviews were good, bad, or mixed.

I know this is the mags and not the lowers or anything like that as 3 other brands of mags fit just fine. In fact, the C-Products mags are two different sizes themselves! When you compare one to the other as far as trying to get them in the mag well, one will fit with a little muscle but will not lock into place, and the other will not fit at all. This isn't just a little rubbing, they're completely out of spec!

I plan on emailing Addax as well to see if there is anything they can do. I know that they don't make the mags, in fact my experience with Addax Tactical has been fantastic (three orders perfect now), but I wasn't sure if they were capable of replacing them and mailing the crappy ones back to C-Products, or if it's even worth trying to get replacements if all of C-Products, uh, products are so poorly manufactured.

I have Stag 2T and S&W M&P15 the 10 round C-products mag fits and works fine in both.

aermotor
05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Hated mine, got rid of them in no time.

andrewj
05-20-2009, 12:38 PM
I have two 10/30 c products mags and they both fit too tightly in my magwell. I hate 'em.

MasterYong
05-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks for all the input, fellas. This is why I love CalGuns- so many folks with similar experiences to draw upon, and I even got input from Addax themselves (sweeeet) :thumbsup:

I'll call Addax for sure. I'm not sure if I want to return them or not, Addax's price was $18 each (so I'm out $36 if I don't return them) but I'm not sure I want to pay to ship them back either as C-Products sells them direct for $12.

I have an AR57 that I need a shell catcher for- I was going to cut the lips of a 30-round mag body (from a 10/30 mag, I can't have nice things, I mean, full cap mags). Maybe I'll try using the C-Products mag bodies as the shell catcher. Has anyone tried using a 10 round body for an AR57 shell catcher?

missiontrails
05-20-2009, 12:52 PM
My 2 10/30 stainless/black Teflon ones fit perfect. I also have 2 new 10/20 non-stainless ones, one fits just OK, the other fits like tight crap. I just ordered 2x 20 round mag bodies from Brownels to transfer the 10/20 guts out of the C-products ones. My lower right now is a Territorial Gunsmiths. I have 2 Magpul 10/30's on the way from calegalmags.com, I can't wait to see how those fit.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
05-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I have two C-Products ten rounders that work great.

missiontrails
05-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Is the magazine bulged out on the sides?

Please give us a call to discuss, and we will do what we can to help.

Thanks,
Chris
My tight fitting 10/20 looks like it's bulging a little on the sides, and it looks diagonaly a tad crooked. I bought it from you guys. Just from forcing it into the magwell about 6 times, the black finish has completely rubbed off the area on both sides that I suspect are bulging.

Addax
05-20-2009, 1:02 PM
My tight fitting 10/20 looks like it's bulging a little on the sides, and it looks diagonaly a tad crooked. I bought it from you guys. Just from forcing it into the magwell about 6 times, the black finish has completely rubbed off the area on both sides that I suspect are bulging.

10/20?

We only sell 10 round C-Products or D&H magazines, we have never sold 10/20 magazines?

Do you mean straight 10 round magazines? When you say 10/20 that means the magazine has been converted from a 20 round magazine to a 10 round magazine.

If you have a bulged out 10 round C-Products magazine, give us a call with your order# and we will take care of it with C-Products.

Thanks,
Chris

missiontrails
05-20-2009, 1:06 PM
10/20?

We only sell 10 round C-Products or D&H magazines, we have never sold 10/20 magazines?

Do you mean straight 10 round magazines? When you say 10/20 that means the magazine has been converted from a 20 round magazine to a 10 round magazine.

If you have a bulged out 10 round C-Products magazine, give us a call with your order# and we will take care of it with C-Products.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, you are right... I'm half retarded. I bought them from another calgun vendor that has a black website background kind of like yours.

shirow
05-20-2009, 1:20 PM
Some C-Products 10 rounders have been known to be defective and fit 11 rounds. A good practice is to always check they actually hold 10 before using them. This is a good CYA activity before bringing your AR to the range.

mydogsmonkey
05-20-2009, 1:20 PM
i dunno about you guys but my 10 rounderes pretty good, loose but not too loose

gn3hz3ku1*
05-20-2009, 1:47 PM
ahh i better try some of my new mags in.. i bought some in parts to fix my old ones.. but hmmm maybe i better look into pmag rebuilds.. never hear people complain about them, probl because injection molding cant really be bigger than intended..

TZL
05-20-2009, 1:50 PM
I probably have at least 20 c-products mags (5 10 rounders, and the others are half SS and half aluminum)

I like the SS 30 rounders better, a little heavier, but most solid and slick feeling. The aluminum ones a bit lighter, but not as slick, the SS ones insert and drop free nicely.

I'm never had a problem with them no dropping....its usually polymer mags like pmags, lancers, promags that are harder to drop free

dchang0
05-20-2009, 1:53 PM
Seems like the newer C-Products mags (post-election) are crappier-made and definitley crappier-finished than the older mags. I am glad I canceled my order for post-election 10/20 straight stainless.

chuck762
05-20-2009, 1:53 PM
I bought a 10 rd C products mag and it is junk. Looks like it slipped in the die and the entire mag is tilted to one side. Yeah, they will replace it but expect me to cover the shipping for their crappy product with no mention of reimbursing the cost to ship back . Screw that. I am tired of paying for someone mistakes.

Futurecollector
05-20-2009, 1:54 PM
Some C-Products 10 rounders have been known to be defective and fit 11 rounds. A good practice is to always check they actually hold 10 before using them. This is a good CYA activity before bringing your AR to the range.

+1, or +12 actually, I had that problem with 2 C products 10/20 rd mags, they accepted 12 rds, and me being the dummie that I am, i didnt test it till I go to the range, talk about an OH SH** moment, luckly my budie had an extra Bushmaster 10 rder,

Darklyte27
05-20-2009, 2:30 PM
pics?

shirow
05-20-2009, 2:36 PM
+1, or +12 actually, I had that problem with 2 C products 10/20 rd mags, they accepted 12 rds, and me being the dummie that I am, i didnt test it till I go to the range, talk about an OH SH** moment, luckly my budie had an extra Bushmaster 10 rder,

Wow that sux, at least you didn't insert the mag! :D

MasterYong
05-20-2009, 2:36 PM
pics?

There really isn't much to take a picture of (if it's me you're talking to)... the mags don't look like they're bulging, bent, or anything like that. Upon visual inspection they look fine, but they are WAY out of spec. I guess I should dig through the 'ol garage for my calipers and compare their width to the width of my mag wells to see where the issue truly is. Maybe I'll just try to disassemble them and mess around to see if I can get them to fit. I'll call Addax before I do anything like that tho to see what can be done. I'm with one of the above posters tho, I don't want to throw good money after bad paying for shipping on something that doesn't work. If I can't get them replaced by C-Products without having to pay shipping then I don't see the point. I wouldn't feel right asking Addax to pay for the return shipping either as it's not their fault the mags are poorly built.

Blacktail 8541
05-20-2009, 3:07 PM
C Products has had a lot of issues with mags, mainly since the election. While they will useally take care of the problem. They do not pay for the extra shipping incured for their return.
I have several cp mags and they all work. Although with a couple of the 10/ 20s, I noticed that the rounds do not seat properly. Being as these are range use only and they feed fine, I will not waste time or money haveing them replaced.

Solidsnake87
05-20-2009, 3:11 PM
My 10/30s work fine but they are a tight fot for 10 rnds. Good performing mags by me.

damndave
05-20-2009, 3:14 PM
i have a few 10/20s that fit and function fine. also have a 30rd rebuild kit that i modified for 10 rds which also fits fine.

i have a SLR15 (group buy) lower

nikonuser
05-20-2009, 3:17 PM
I bought 5 C mags from 44mag and 3 were a tight fit and will not drop when the mag release is pressed. Ended up returning 3 and kept the 2 with the perfect fit. Too bad since the finish was nice. 44mag issued quick refund which was great customer service.

DREADNOUGHT78
05-20-2009, 3:19 PM
I have about 15 C-products mags and they all work great!I have 10 rounders and 10-30 converted mags all are work fine! NO problems at all I do install Magpul anti-tilt followers though!I am running a Spike's lower and A Vulcan lower but have had a Del-Ton and a CMMG lower no problems with any of them.

Nessal
05-20-2009, 3:35 PM
I never had any problem with my c products mag. I actually just got four 10rnd mag from 44mag and they all fit great. One thing that i dont like is that the the overall finish is crap. The edges where the sheet metal ends are sharp and can cut your hand! All my DH mags are perfect in everyway though.

tomd1584
05-20-2009, 3:40 PM
my c products magazines work very well, havent had a problem since I bought them. On the other hand, my promag's suck. and of course the Pmags rock.

Gunsrruss
05-20-2009, 3:41 PM
Sometimes with the Cproduct mags you need to fit them. Take your lower and look down the magazine well while your fitting the mag. Take some water pump plyers and gently press on the sides until it fits. Or, just send them back

big al
05-20-2009, 3:46 PM
i also have a ten rounder and have no or never had any issues with it.

RECCE556
05-20-2009, 4:09 PM
A lot of LOWERS have underspec Magwells so that might be a contributing factor.

chuck762
05-20-2009, 4:26 PM
Sometimes with the Cproduct mags you need to fit them. Take your lower and look down the magazine well while your fitting the mag. Take some water pump plyers and gently press on the sides until it fits. Or, just send them back

A quality magazine shouldn't need fitting or tuning. Also a company shouldn't screw the customer over by not reimbursing the cost to ship their poorly made product back to them for replacement.
I will never buy anything from C products again.

I have been ordering 30 rounders every once in a while to keep at my place in AZ. No C products will be added to that collection.

Here is a pic of their craptastic quality
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/chuck1/IMG_0327.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/chuck1/IMG_0326.jpg

elrcastor
05-20-2009, 4:28 PM
the 6 10/10 cproduct mags i have fit just fine.

Jimmy Deuce
05-20-2009, 7:00 PM
I have had multiple mags from Cproducts fit just fine. If they are new ask to exchange or refund. Me personally If I have an AR mag that does not fit right I check on it first. Is it the width or only the spine. Honestly specially with aluminum mags take a rubber mallet to them just a couple hard taps and you will most likely be right where you need to be.

Darklyte27
05-20-2009, 7:53 PM
wow, where did you buy it from? did it come sealed in a bag?
none of mine pre and post election look like that.

norcal-ar
05-20-2009, 8:04 PM
I own about 5 c-products mags and they all fit well! i have used them in both a stag and a KD with no problems. what other mags did u use?

chuck762
05-20-2009, 8:35 PM
wow, where did you buy it from? did it come sealed in a bag?
none of mine pre and post election look like that.

If you are referring to mine it was bought new from rifle gear well before any election madness. It may have come in a bag but I honestly can't remember.

I was going to send it back to rifle gear but read this on their site:
All products are new and covered under the Manufacturer's warranty. Product defects must be handled by contacting the manufacturer directly. http://www.riflegear.com/t-returns.aspx

After checking with c products and finding out I was to pay for shipping I said screw it and cut my losses so I kept the pile of crap. Maybe I will use it as a target. Maybe just hang on to it to remind me why I don't buy their crap any longer. The follower might be useful.

Maybe I am making a big issue of it but I am sick and tired of having to pay to ship brand new defective products back with no reimbursement of shipping fees. Doesn't matter what it is. Auto, motorcycle, gun, computer companies should pay to take their defective products back. Some do and I continue to buy their products but the ones who don't end up on my never buy from again list.

Eroland7
05-20-2009, 8:43 PM
All my C-products mags fit perfectly... I think you might have got knockoffs or something... I've never heard of this...

chuck762
05-20-2009, 9:02 PM
All my C-products mags fit perfectly... I think you might have got knockoffs or something... I've never heard of this...

Yes, must be a knock offs because a company couldn't possibly ever produce a bad product. :rolleyes:
Try a little searching and you will see that c products have had plenty of defective magazines.

the2thwizard
05-20-2009, 9:04 PM
My C-Products mags have performed flawlessly. They rock! Pro-Mags on the other hand are the ones I have had issues with.

Darklyte27
05-20-2009, 9:08 PM
well to those who have bad mags sorry to hear.. wonder what happened, guess they cared about profits and pumping out mags faster than quality.

slick_711
05-20-2009, 9:14 PM
I have 10 of there 10 rounders and my dad (TX) has 30 of there 30s... I haven't had a problem with a single one of them. They are the steel bodied teflon coated w/ upgraded follower mags. Perhaps better QC on those ones. I've been happy with their product. Sorry to hear you had bad luck/experience.

Addax
05-20-2009, 9:40 PM
There really isn't much to take a picture of (if it's me you're talking to)... the mags don't look like they're bulging, bent, or anything like that. Upon visual inspection they look fine, but they are WAY out of spec. I guess I should dig through the 'ol garage for my calipers and compare their width to the width of my mag wells to see where the issue truly is. Maybe I'll just try to disassemble them and mess around to see if I can get them to fit. I'll call Addax before I do anything like that tho to see what can be done. I'm with one of the above posters tho, I don't want to throw good money after bad paying for shipping on something that doesn't work. If I can't get them replaced by C-Products without having to pay shipping then I don't see the point. I wouldn't feel right asking Addax to pay for the return shipping either as it's not their fault the mags are poorly built.

No worries.

We will email you a shipping label to ship the mags back to us.

We will re-coup the shipping with C-Products.

Give us a call tomorrow or when you can get a chance 818-886-5008.

Thanks,
Chris

elsolo
05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Contact Larry at CProducts, he will make it right after you return the defetive ones. You allready paid for this service in the original price, certainly postage is less than replacement cost for different brand new mags.

I have been happy with the 10/10 and 30/30 mags they sold me prior to the November panic, the only ones I haven't trierd yet are the DPMS.308 mags, but they go in and out of the magwell just fine.

God Bless The Mauser
05-20-2009, 11:52 PM
I have run about 350 rounds through mine and it's ran perfect so far.

chuck762
05-21-2009, 5:22 AM
Contact Larry at CProducts, he will make it right after you return the defetive ones. You allready paid for this service in the original price, certainly postage is less than replacement cost for different brand new mags.

I have been happy with the 10/10 and 30/30 mags they sold me prior to the November panic, the only ones I haven't trierd yet are the DPMS.308 mags, but they go in and out of the magwell just fine.

How does he make it right? Customer pays shipping to send bad mag back. They send new bag to customer. That isn't right in my book.
Adding a couple of bucks for postage to an already worthless piece of metal that should have never left the factory is BS and adds to the price of the mag.

MasterYong
05-21-2009, 7:34 AM
No worries.

We will email you a shipping label to ship the mags back to us.

We will re-coup the shipping with C-Products.

Give us a call tomorrow or when you can get a chance 818-886-5008.

Thanks,
Chris

See, and this is why Addax Tactical ROCKS!!! This is how you run a business- from now on I'm checking Addax first when I need to order something, and I'll only order elsewhere if Addax doesn't have what I need. I have never dealt with a company that takes a return without the customer having to pay shipping. :thumbsup: Addax :thumbsup:

In regards to the mags themselves, it seems from all the replies on this thread that it would be safe to say that C-Products is certainly <i>capable</i> of creating a quality products, but that they have poor QA/QC, so buyer beware. Sounds like 70% or so of the folks that have shared their experiences have decent products, and the other 30% or so don't. I think I might stick to some of the higher-end mags for awhile, just to try and avoid any more of these kinds of inconveniences.

Thanks Addax!

derek@thepackingrat.net
05-28-2009, 3:24 PM
Just adding to the list...

A small number of mine are too big as well with a Sun Devil v. 1 lower. C-Products have a lifetime warranty on their products, so I'm not overly concerned. I'll have them shipped out when I have the time.

jasonnorcal
05-28-2009, 5:55 PM
I just got 1 10 rounder today in fact. It fits in my SU just fine. Quality looks ok to me. 1 strange thing....C mag is about 3\4" longer than factory KT mag.

Artery
05-28-2009, 11:26 PM
I have several C-Products mags but I have one 10/20 that engages the bolt catch on the last round about %50 of the time. The bolt will lock back and there will be a round sitting on top of the feed lips. Only happens occasionally. None of my C-Products mags have any problems dimensionally.

ERdept
05-29-2009, 12:06 AM
C products stuff has been great for me.

MasterYong
05-29-2009, 9:16 AM
Since this thread has been dug back up I figured everyone deserved an update:

Addax was AWESOME. They offered to send a return shipping label and replace the mags at no extra cost to me. Do business with Addax if they have the product you want- you wont be disappointed, they'll make sure of that.

I didn't, however, opt to send the mags back. I'm lazy like that. Instead, I used a vise clamp to press the sides in of the body of one magazine JUST ENOUGH to make it fit in my lowers, although it's really really tight I think this'll work just fine for paper-punching. The other mag is beyond repair, I can't seem to alter it's shape enough to make it fit, so I'm going to have fun with it as a little project and cut off the feed lips, do a little more squishing, and see if I can get it to fit the magwell of my AR57 as a brass catcher. I was going to use a 30 round body from a parts kit (that I never ordered anyway, again- lazy) but I'm in CA and since my mags for my AR57 are ten rounders anyway I don't see how I could need a full 30 round mag body as a brass catcher- I'll just empty it more often since I'll have to do mag changes more often at ten rd capacity.

I'll just chalk it up to a bad experience with C-Products. It's cool if they have a lifetime warranty, but NOT cool if C-Products wants to charge shipping (as another user reported) to service said warranty when, if you ordered the mags directly from C-Products, they're only $12. That puts the shipping to price of product ratio WAY out of whack. Again, Addax Tactical was AWESOME and offered to fix the problem at no cost to me.

As a result of this experience, I admit, I will never buy any of C-Products, uh, products, again. I'm a very loyal customer to all business that I work with, but I also hold one heck of a grudge when a company so callously ignores customer satisfaction (C-Products, not Addax) to make a quick buck. Demand is high, so C-Products is overlooking quality control to ship more products. Not cool. This seems to be the case, at least, based on the responses to this thread- the only people that have had issues had these issues recently, and folks that have had their mags a long time have had a good experience. Either way, this many bunk mags should NOT be making their way out the door over at C-Products.

Luckily, there's a hundred other companies out there that make good mags for the AR-15 platform. The Pro-Mags that I have are perfect. I think I might try polymer this time to mix things up a little.

unamused
05-29-2009, 1:51 PM
finally wen out to the range with my 2 cproduct 10 rounders.

Both functioned perfectly. couldnt be happier...

Eroland7
05-29-2009, 2:09 PM
i have 2 ten round c-products mags, and they dont feed the first round if there are 10 in there. They work fine if there are only 9. They fit my magwell just fine though...

sspen003
06-29-2009, 3:23 PM
C Products mags work just fine when they are stock, as is California Illegal, or ten rounders. The modded 10/20 or 10/30 ones suck.

Cyclepath
06-29-2009, 4:10 PM
I have about a dozen CP mags for 5.56/.223 and they have been flawless. But don't get me started on their 9mm mags. Mine won't fit unless you file down the feed lips a bit and they do not take a full capacity of 10 rounds. I have been working with Larry at CP and he will get me a refund. He does stand behind his products but I wonder why he has so many issues behind his 9mm mags. Either they work 100% or have many problems.

Linus
06-29-2009, 4:22 PM
I've purchased two C-products 10rounders and both had feeding issues, the cases would get caught on the mag as the bolt closed. I fixed the problem by removing material with a file so there was enough clearance for the cases to be chambered without rubbing or getting caught on the mag.

45R
06-29-2009, 4:24 PM
A few weeks ago I ran into another shooter with a bad set of CMags. I have a few older aluminum magazines that work perfect.

THT
06-29-2009, 4:38 PM
I haven't had any problems with C-Products in my RRA or MEGA lowers but I bought those mags awhile ago and have since switched to PMAGs.

mcat707
06-29-2009, 10:49 PM
I had a C-Product 10/10 mag that had a really hard time fitting in the mag well when it had 10rds loaded. 7-8rds it snapped in fine. But with 9-10rds I had to force it in with great pressurre to lock in. Got rid of the mag and just stuck with my Pmags and old school prebans.

JTROKS
06-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I have about 6 CProduct 10 round mags and all of them fits and functions just fine except for one that is a bit tight, but it works. I kind a like it fitting a little bit tight. If you don't like it you can fix it by determining where the high area is/are and hitting it with a rubber mallet. Don't hit too hard, just enough to get it to move a little. So rap/tap and try for fit, do again if needed.

Gator Monroe
06-29-2009, 10:58 PM
I had a C-Product 10/10 mag that had a really hard time fitting in the mag well when it had 10rds loaded. 7-8rds it snapped in fine. But with 9-10rds I had to force it in with great pressurre to lock in. Got rid of the mag and just stuck with my Pmags and old school prebans.

My Old School Prebans are Nam era USGI Colt & SIMMONDS and they are flawless in function & spirit ! (But I wish someone would make a straight body aluminium 10/20 !)

Cardinal Sin
06-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I had a Rock River Lower that had a tight fitting mag-well. Any other lower would accept any of my mags. Poly, steel, alum etc. There could be the possibility that you have the same thing going on with your lowers. Maybe a combination of tight mag wells and looser than norm mag dimensions. Call of C-products. I have exchanged products in the past and they didn't give me any flack for it. Worth a shot.

FJKernel
06-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I've got 4 CProduct 9mm mags... one of which is a POS. Had to field mod it with a little percussive maintenance on the pavement to bend the feed lips down and then a little rub on the curb to clean up the burs. Fed fine after that.

For the 9mm, the Metalform mags are supposedly the best but they are 2x the cprods....

ro442173
06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Sometimes banging it with a hammer will fix the tight-fit issue. I feel funny recommending that but it's true.

sspen003
06-29-2009, 11:31 PM
I have several C-Products mags but I have one 10/20 that engages the bolt catch on the last round about %50 of the time. The bolt will lock back and there will be a round sitting on top of the feed lips. Only happens occasionally. None of my C-Products mags have any problems dimensionally.

This happens to me too. How is someone supposed to fix this? maybe a bit of filing?

MasterYong
06-30-2009, 7:33 AM
C Products mags work just fine when they are stock, as is California Illegal, or ten rounders. The modded 10/20 or 10/30 ones suck.

Not really. The ones I started this thread about were stock ten rounders, not 10/20 or 10/30.

I saw some in a shop the other day, and took a close look. If you looked at the rear spine the feed lips were off by about 1/4"!!! The shop owner was frustrated to say the least, I assume he's sending them back.

I'm sure that many are just fine, but I prefer something closer to a 3% factory defect rate in a product, if not less- so far in my experience C Products have had a 100% factory defect rate- I'm sure that's not a correct assessment in the real world, but it's too much for me to ignore.

As discussed already in this thread, there are many folks that have had no issues with these mags but it seems that most (if not all) bought the mags quite a while ago and not recently.

shark92651
06-30-2009, 9:08 AM
C Products frequently has serious QA problems with their mags, especially their lanced mags (10/20, 10/30). They will replace the mags, it just takes forever sometimes to get in touch with them or to get your replacement mags back.

anniepoks
06-30-2009, 12:02 PM
mine werks purfektly on spikes lower. must be your lower magwell.
What brand u have?

TonyM
06-30-2009, 12:12 PM
What brand u have?

Read the thread, it's been answered over a month ago.

sspen003
06-30-2009, 1:08 PM
What brand u have?

I have a Mega lower. My 10/10 works fine but I have 2 10/20's that are garbage. They only fit 9/20 and they usually engage the slide lock lever on the last round. C Products are Cheap Products.

kazman
06-30-2009, 1:19 PM
I've got recent CProducts 10/10s, 10/20s, and 10/30s. 10/10s are all fine although I do have to insert them pretty hard. 10/20's needed to be adjusted to only fit 10 not 11 or 12. 10/30s needed adjustment for feed issues and 1 still leaves the last round and bolt open so I gave up trying to adjust that one. I don't like the size of any 10/30's anyway so not a big issue for me.

shookatash
06-30-2009, 9:34 PM
i have a new 10/10 and do have to slam them in pretty hard. also, the spring on mine needs to be broken in as when loaded with 10 rounds the bolt sometimes gets stuck chambering a round and I get a FTF.

i figure just keeping the spring loaded for a few days/weeks should fix this.

TonyM
07-01-2009, 7:03 AM
i have a new 10/10 and do have to slam them in pretty hard. also, the spring on mine needs to be broken in as when loaded with 10 rounds the bolt sometimes gets stuck chambering a round and I get a FTF.

i figure just keeping the spring loaded for a few days/weeks should fix this.

What will "break in" the spring is the act of loading and unloading the mag. Keeping it loaded won't really do anything, which is why you can leave magazines loaded for years and they still work fine when you take them out. The springs wear from being put under a load and haveing the load released.

Many of the CProd 10 round mags are very tight when loaded with 10 rounds and some you can't get the mag to catch when inserting a fully loaded mag on a closed bolt. I think this is because they are trying to make sure you can't get 11 rounds in the mag. They had a batch of 10 round mags that ended up being 11's before.